I'm curious what could be causing this error message I keep getting

"400 Error: Bad request" (or very similar wording). I get this almost every other time I click a URL around this site (but no other site). I'm signed in (I see saintsFanChris right where it should be when I'm logged in, etc. It wears on my nerves to constantly hit the 'back' button, then click the same URL again (which brings up the page I wanted in the first place). The extra steps and the extra load time does wear on me.

What can I do? I'm using a recent version of firefox if you want the rest of the system details, let me know to whom to PM them.

Thanks, JaG, Vic and anyone else working as a mod.

Thanks In Advance,
-- Chris
I'm not working as a mod, but...

This might give you some ideas:

http://www.getnetgoing.com/HTTP-400.html

if what you're getting is a 400 error. There are some suggestions to try to fix the problem.

I've been noticing the site get awfully slow today, and I do note footnote 1 of that page says "The exception is that some proxies issue HTTP 400 after they timeout." It's possible that might be the cause. I've been getting the occasional message from Firefox saying that the connection was reset. Haven't seen any 400 errors. Yet, anyway.

Good luck!

Cheers,

bcg
Hey Chris:

I'm afraid I'm the wrong guy to ask, but it looks as though BCG might have the answer. If what he suggests doesn't work, go to the national boards - there's a tech question area there = http://www.eccie.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Post your question there. There are a lot of competent folks who look at those threads and may be able to help.

Thanks, BCG, for your suggestions. I've not experienced the problem either, and I'm using the latest firefox.

JaG
Hey Chris:

I'm afraid I'm the wrong guy to ask, but it looks as though BCG might have the answer. If what he suggests doesn't work, go to the national boards - there's a tech question area there = http://www.eccie.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Post your question there. There are a lot of competent folks who look at those threads and may be able to help.

Thanks, BCG, for your suggestions. I've not experienced the problem either, and I'm using the latest firefox.

JaG Originally Posted by JustaGuyinMS
I've been getting them for a few days. the 400 errors happen instantly. I mean as soon as I click, not waiting
I've been getting them for a few days. the 400 errors happen instantly. I mean as soon as I click, not waiting Originally Posted by saintsFanChris
Hope the folks in the tech support section can help. It seems that quite a few people here do web development for a living; maybe one of them is more clueful than I.

Cheers,

bcg
so, where's the tech section? I thought this was the tech section by default.
so, where's the tech section? I thought this was the tech section by default. Originally Posted by saintsFanChris
ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions

Cheers,

bcg
Thanks
My guess would be that your new version of Firefox is the problem! If you didn't have that problem before installing it, and you're the only person I've heard mention this problem. Of course that doesn't mean that there might be a setting causing ECCIE not to play nice with it, but the first thing I do when I have a problem after installing something new it try another program (like Internet Explorer) and if that works fine you can try the Uninstall/Reinstall.

Hopefully, an expert in the Tech area can give better advice - enjoy!
Thanks Vic.

The problem predated upgrading. There's no version of M$IE for Mac OS 10.6