Americans favor fifteen dollars and hour wage for congress

• R.M.
  • 05-28-2019, 02:50 AM
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...r-for-congress
I think that's a fair wage. Considering the quality of work they produce.
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...r-for-congress
I think that's a fair wage. Considering the quality of work they produce. Originally Posted by R.M.
Did you mean "quantity" or "quality" or both?

If so, $15 is too much. Furthermore, I would restrict the pay to the hours sitting in a committee hearing or in chambers voting on legislation. time spent campaigning or other public relation functions (which includes travel to and from "work") is noncompensable.
congress make $59 per hour
I do think there ought to be a minimum wage for the House and Senate. They represent the people in their state, let them go back to the state for a subsidy and for office space. Like senator Hillary, she had office space in NYC costing us over a million dollars a year.
I don't know about minimum wage for D.C. politicians....

one thing for sure, they shouldn't be able to set wages for themselves. That should be the responsibility of state legislatures.
As much money as they can make on the side they don't need much...
congress make $59 per hour Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
What did you base that on?

The base salary for rank and file Congress Critters is $174K(Pelosi's is $223.5K) so giving even the benefit of the doubt of a regular weekly 40 hour week, it would be closer to $84 per hour. Add in benefits and expense accounts and you shoot even further up there.
That high more like 5.00 an hour for how they act ,,,
  • R.M.
  • 05-28-2019, 09:38 AM
They are definitely not worth the price of their admission.

The base salary for rank and file Congress Critters is $174K(Pelosi's is $223.5K) so giving even the benefit of the doubt of a regular weekly 40 hour week, it would be closer to $84 per hour. Add in benefits and expense accounts and you shoot even further up there. Originally Posted by eccielover
and most of that is spent on vacation I'm sure pisslousey has a Gulf Stream now that she is speaker again stock full of her favorite adult beverage's at the tax payer's expense

The base salary for rank and file Congress Critters is $174K(Pelosi's is $223.5K) so giving even the benefit of the doubt of a regular weekly 40 hour week, it would be closer to $84 per hour. Add in benefits and expense accounts and you shoot even further up there. Originally Posted by eccielover

150K. hmm guess my numbers are out of date. lol!
  • R.M.
  • 05-29-2019, 04:43 AM
What ever it is. They are over payed. They should have other jobs to make ends meet. Like baseball players did back in the day.
I pay trainees $10 hr. .. well above minimum wage. My employees wages range from $10 - $30 hr.

With that said, if a $15 hr. minimum wage becomes law, what's the effect on employees that have EARNED their way up to $15 - $30 hr.?

This trickle up effect would basically put folks like me out of business.

Bottom line: If you want to make $15 hr. then go out and work your ass off and be the best at whatever you do and you will be successful.

Some of these fuckers cant do their job correctly at $7.50 so why the hell does anyone think these people will get smarter and work harder at $15? The answer? They wont. They'll now be pushing for a $20 hr. minimum wage.

Meanwhile, folks like me that have risked everything will be put out of business and there will be even fewer jobs out there.

Note: I began my journey through life at $2.65 hr. and was poor as fuck but I worked my fkn ass off all my life and now am very successful.

Note 2: I also see to it that my employees have every opportunity to better themselves and move up. I pay my General Manager over $80K a year … he came to me thru craigslist and straight out of the pen. No one else would give him a chance and now he's a successful young man with a respectable family.
I don't know about minimum wage for D.C. politicians.... Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
As much money as they can make on the side they don't need much... Originally Posted by friendly fred
Then let's put them on a max per hour standard.
With no benefits.
When I can go to Wal-Mart or any drive thu and actually get something correct we can talk till that time , go away .