new 2nd amendment threats - salesforce.com

Salesforce.com Is The Latest Company To Join The Ranks of Corporate Activists

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-v...rate-activists

salesforce.com doesn't want companies that use their software to sell guns. they have asked them to stop selling them or stop using their software.

talk about woke stupid.

as for the guns stores, are they able to ignore the company?

I know the software distribution model has changed. I don't like the web subscription model a number of companies have employed over the years. Adobe is one of them.

the way it works you buy a subscription to their software over the web instead of a CD or DVD. (you don't own it, they lease it to you for a period).

If the company doesn't like what you're doing, they can send an update to cripple the software. the business is up the creek.
  • grean
  • 06-03-2019, 03:31 AM
Salesforce.com Is The Latest Company To Join The Ranks of Corporate Activists

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-v...rate-activists

salesforce.com doesn't want companies that use their software to sell guns. they have asked them to stop selling them or stop using their software.

talk about woke stupid.

as for the guns stores, are they able to ignore the company?

I know the software distribution model has changed. I don't like the web subscription model a number of companies have employed over the years. Adobe is one of them.

the way it works you buy a subscription to their software over the web instead of a CD or DVD. (you don't own it, they lease it to you for a period).

If the company doesn't like what you're doing, they can send an update to cripple the software. the business is up the creek. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
It's hilarious because salesforce just let themselves lose money. They think a store who probably makes a good chunk of sales from fire arms is just going to stop? They'll have to buy new software if sales force refuses to support it. There are plenty of options.

Also even companies not affected might not like the idea of a vendor trying to dictate what they can and can't sell.
It's hilarious because salesforce just let themselves lose money. They think a store who probably makes a good chunk of sales from fire arms is just going to stop? They'll have to buy new software if sales force refuses to support it. There are plenty of options.

Also even companies not affected might not like the idea of a vendor trying to dictate what they can and can't sell. Originally Posted by grean

re-read what I said about the software distribution. that depends on how its delivered to their computers or accessing their servers on the cloud. (cloud computing)
They (Salesforce) don't sell anything a company can't live without.

It would cost some money but you could change to someone else's software.

It is just a database. The biggest loss would be for the oldtimers who took years to learn the system having to change.
More liberal IDIOCY