anti lynching law never passed

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na...205-story.html

I was quite shocked that Congress never passed an anti-lynching law. there were many attempts to do so. It was mostly southern democrats that killed it. not sure about modern democrats. article doesn't say.

I know the lynchings largely stopped after 1936 when FDR said those lynchings needed to stop.

now a new effort is being made to pass it as a hate crimes law.
https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na...205-story.html

I was quite shocked that Congress never passed an anti-lynching law. there were many attempts to do so. It was mostly southern democrats that killed it. not sure about modern democrats. article doesn't say.

I know the lynchings largely stopped after 1936 when FDR said those lynchings needed to stop.

now a new effort is being made to pass it as a hate crimes law. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

Montana wouldn't be Montana without a few lynchings -- most of them were white rustlers. On one occasion, the vigilantes didn't have a good hangin' tree; so, they made a tripod out of wagon tongues and hoisted their tripod with their victim already attached.

Such a method doesn't break the neck -- they're slowly strangled to death.

Plenty of laws address the criminal actions of lynchings, including murder, RICO and hate crime enhancements.

This is typical race grievance hustling.
Ignoring that there's numerous examples of it not being done correctly/quickly/cleanly, hanging has been an accepted form of execution for hundreds, perhaps thousands of years.

And is still an option in numerous locals.
Plenty of laws address the criminal actions of lynchings, including murder, RICO and hate crime enhancements.

This is typical race grievance hustling. Originally Posted by friendly fred

yes, but not at the federal level where lynching is officially outlawed.
BiiiDDennn Lynching ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, that's cute
How did Loretta Lynch get her name?