Thanks to Corona groceries will be a lot harder to get as instacart workers prepare to strike on Monday

I felt this coming. If you try to place an instacart order right now it'll take at least FIVE DAYS to get to you.

Do you think people that work in the essential businesses should be getting hazardous pay?

Or do you think enough is enough and to just open businesses back up so these types of things won't happen.

and a lot of people just do not want to be in the grocery stores right now because there's so many people in there

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...ar/ar-BB11NM5N
It depends where you live.
I’ve just been to a major grocery store in a city near me in TX, no big deal...everything as normal and got my stuff.

Interesting though but not surprising was that I asked the cashier how things were going and was everything back to normal..

She said folks were still panic buying and yet, on the flip side they thought this corona thing was all a big hoax. Fake Fox News and Sham Hannity has convinced them..kinda funny as I’ve read today that Rupert Murdoch is in self quarantine.

Go figure.
Walmart here is a f****** mess

I usually order instacart but for the past 2 weeks deliveries are saying 5 days or longer

5 DAYS FOR GROCERIES

RIDICULOUS
I went to my regular store the other day and it was not very crowded.

People going on strike right now for instacart during wartime is surprising.
I feel sorry for the stockers and checkers at Walmart. These places are packed and have as much traffic as any baseball stadium. Forget "social distancing." They are as exposed as anyone except NY medical personnel.

And they are categorized as "essential workers" but they make non-essential pay.
It depends where you live.
I’ve just been to a major grocery store in a city near me in TX, no big deal...everything as normal and got my stuff.

Interesting though but not surprising was that I asked the cashier how things were going and was everything back to normal..

She said folks were still panic buying and yet, on the flip side they thought this corona thing was all a big hoax. Fake Fox News and Sham Hannity has convinced them..kinda funny as I’ve read today that Rupert Murdoch is in self quarantine.

Go figure. Originally Posted by BlisswithKriss

The only hoax going on is what you just wrote. The lie that you just told is fake news and I'll prove it to anybody that cares to watch what Hannity has been saying every night and what he said this past Wed. night when Hannity said this was a National Emergency about as far from calling it a hoax as you can get.

You sir are a liar of the worst kind. While you are entitled to not like what you hear from Hannity and others on Fox News you have no right to distort and lie about what is being said.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6144790346001?playlist_id=9309 09813001#sp=show-clips
stores like winn dixie are putting up protective plastic shields at checkout counters for their cashiers.
We ordered online from the local HEB supermarket for pickup. Took over a week to get our order filled and this was from the 3rd closest HEB. The two closer stores had a longer waiting period.

No paper towels. No toilet paper. Various other products unavailable. Other products we wanted were substituted for.

Monday I will head out on my own to actually go into various stores to see what they have.I understand many stores have restrictions in place regarding number of people allowed in the store at one time.
My mom told me that she tried to buy two packs of ground beef and they made her put one back
  • oeb11
  • 03-27-2020, 06:44 PM
many stores are limiting purchases of certain items to prevent hoarding.
I have seen that with eggs, meats, and canned soups.
stores like winn dixie are putting up protective plastic shields at checkout counters for their cashiers. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
I saw that for the 1st time today when I went to a gas station near my house this morning. I realize that it is very practical nowadays, but it was still pretty fucking weird... I just wanted to buy some Gatorade and I felt like I was at a liquor store in a really bad and shitty neighborhood.

Whatever. Just stay safe folks and be careful and smart.
many stores are limiting purchases of certain items to prevent hoarding.
I have seen that with eggs, meats, and canned soups. Originally Posted by oeb11
I would say after the Ban is over it might take stores up to a week some possibly more to get their stock back up to par.
  • oeb11
  • 03-28-2020, 10:24 AM
i am not sure how much the distribution system is affected - that is a "necesary" industry.

Time will tell - hoarding is definitely affecting the end of the supply chain.
We ordered online from the local HEB supermarket for pickup. Took over a week to get our order filled and this was from the 3rd closest HEB. The two closer stores had a longer waiting period.

No paper towels. No toilet paper. Various other products unavailable. Other products we wanted were substituted for.

Monday I will head out on my own to actually go into various stores to see what they have.I understand many stores have restrictions in place regarding number of people allowed in the store at one time. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

Wow! That was a bit of a shock at first read! I thought for just the slightest moment that you had just used a derogatory slur having never heard of the supermarket chain with what I guess are the initials HEB?

Anyway, I have been going to my local Publix, the biggest supermarket chain here in South Florida ( Miami ) since the beginning of this mess and have yet to see a single roll of paper towels and toilet paper on the shelves and managed to snag a couple of cans of Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup after waiting weeks to find it on the shelves. One thing is for sure with plenty of Cream of Mushroom and Creme of Chicken still on the shelves, they now know if they didn't before that the Chicken Noodle is the most popular brand.

I'm down to one roll each of the paper products but as one guy said "poop and then take a shower, problem solved" but I use, pardon the expression, a shit load of paper towels, so this Weds. I'll try and take advantage of the early opening for seniors 65 and older and see if I can snag some paper towels. Always plenty of fish available and pork loin for some reason.

"Publix, where shopping is a pleasure". They are going to have to stop using that promo.
We don't seem to like this anarchy. So what's it going to be?
Red pill or Blue pill? Inquiring minds want to know?

Me, MAGA all the way!