Seems

Pretty quiet on here.

What’s up?

I was watching the news.... I know... I shouldn’t.
But this very posh, classy lady was on, talking with a reporter about how impoverished her family was when she was young.
I thought to myself....
Tell me about it lady.
When I was growing up, we were so poor
we’d go to Kentucky Fried Chicken,
To lick other people’s fingers.

Note: this isn’t true. I just heard it and thought it was ridiculously funny!

Hope everyone is well, and having a good summer. My vacation is right around the corner...
No phone, no email, no news...
And very little masking!
lol you wanna know poor...
i was raised in Peters Tx in a 5room shack w mom/dad and 7 siblings
my grandmother lived next door and there was an old wood outhouse between our houses for a bathroom..we took a bath saturdays in a big washtub out back of the house with water mom boiled on the stove...we made our own butter and soap....we had a big farm garden for food.. several cows for milk...pigs and a smokehouse where the guys butchered the pigs and smoked meat...we had chickens which we plucked feathers off in hot boiling water and mom would fry for supper....we didnt wear shoes till we were school age and we had handme down clothes to wear.... we had a homemade ice cream naker if we wanted dessert.

yrs we were poor....but rich w love and manners

true story!!!
All I can say I was so poor I couldn't pay attention. LOL We had a hand pump in the kitchen. Guess it was classy in the day.But I grew up strong and a hard worker. Guess you can say I won anyway.