OUTCALL/INCALL RATE VARIANCE

Let me start my asking that gents refrain from turning this thread into a rude joke about provider math.

This is a serious question about a trend I am seeing.

Obviously, a lady's business plan is her business plan, and it is stupid to tell her how to run her business. I am curious about this interesting trend in rate structures that may look something like this:

INCALL60 OUTCALL60 INCALL90 OUTCALL90 INCALL120 OUTCALL120

$200 $250 $350 $375 $400 $425

With all things being equal and assuming the outcall location is within the same distance as your preferred incall, why would their be a rate increase? It would seem that it should be either the same rate or a decrease (wince, don't chop my head off), if the gent is providing the room. Obviously, if there is travel involved, there should be a fee for the extra mileage and cost. Isn't the gent saving you money by providing the location?

What am I missing here? This seems to be mostly new, younger ladies. Is there some cost to doing outcalls that I was never aware of in over 25 years in this hobby? Is this perhaps just because they prefer incalls, and are using price to steer the client to her preference?

The only reason I ask, is I am going to be doing a great deal of traveling, and it kills me to pay for a perfectly good room and pay extra for hosting the session. Last week, I saw a lady that had this, and I literally turned right out of my hotel parking lot, went one block and turned left into her parking lot.

The funny thing was, she mentioned how uncomfortable she had been in booking a room in her hometown only for this session with me (or so she said) and asked why I didn't book her for an outcall since I was from out of town. I have been doing this long enough to know, NEVER talk about money during a session, even casually, unless you are trying to kill the mood, so I just shrugged like an idiot. In her case, it was a $50.00 variance.

So, maybe it would be helpful to throw this out there to have a community discussion?
It all boils down to what a lady perceives as more labour intensive. Some girls charge more for outcall, some less. Sometimes providing an outcall or incall can be more time consuming than you'd imagine. Boils down to what works for the lady.
Two very quick reasons come to mind in addition to travel and travel time:
  1. While the lady accommodates out-call requests, she prefers in-calls. It's not unusual for providers to prefer in-call appointments because they have more control over their environment and other factors.
  2. Some gents request the lady be dressed a certain way when they arrive. Based in the establishment, this presents opportunities for assumptions, indiscretion and possible embarrassment. Hence, the additional exposure to risk comes at a price.
What am I missing here? This seems to be mostly new, younger ladies. Is there some cost to doing outcalls that I was never aware of in over 25 years in this hobby?... Originally Posted by ANONONE
You have been doing this for 25 years and still have to ask all these stupid questions?
One thing that I have noticed is that the ad will quote a price for an incall that is at a notel that you have to pay to get the room. So to me that is an outcall.
One thing that I have noticed is that the ad will quote a price for an incall that is at a notel that you have to pay to get the room. So to me that is an outcall. Originally Posted by Ramman
If he has his name on the room, it is an outcall; hers, an incall.
[& I'll get up on my soap bax for a secondbut NEVER let the lady keep a room for the rest of the day/night that is in your name...too much bad shit can happen and you have no control over the situation]

You have been doing this for 25 years and still have to ask all these stupid questions? Originally Posted by cpi3000
that's funny

It all boils down to what a lady perceives as more labour intensive. Some girls charge more for outcall, some less. Sometimes providing an outcall or incall can be more time consuming than you'd imagine. Boils down to what works for the lady. Originally Posted by Leah Ireland
Bingo...that is the bottomline...the lady uses her pricing structure to drive the type of appointments she wants...it is that simple! This goes for incall/outcall as well as session length.

The good news is there are (in many areas) enough providers that can meet your needs. Want a cost efficient incall?; call a provider that already has an incall and offers a good price on that. Conversely, if you want to host, find a providerthat doesn't upcharge for it.

The other thing to consider in all of this is, while on the surface it makes sense that an whoever is hosting is incurring additional expenses (either hotel room rate or monthly rent), there is a very real cost to travel, notably time. All things being equal, I'd prefer to not pay an upcharge, but I'd say a $50 upcharge for someone to spend 30-45 minutes in the car getting to me & the same getting home is a bargain vs. me having to do the same...
This is not a "new" trend. Ten years ago when I was in this biz, I charged an additional "outcall" fee as well. You can probably discount that particular theory.
Here are my reasons for charging for an outcall:

1) Because I am slightly out of the way, I have to drive for a half hour or more to get there. That's over an hour of time for me total in driving alone. It will also take me extra time to sort out my goodies and pack them up neatly for transport (toys, candles, extra outfit just in case, etc.)
2) Safety. I am much safer at my incall when I have a plan in case something goes awry. This is also why I never meet first-time clients anywhere else.
3) I do want to steer clients away from the option if possible because I do feel slightly uneasy in an unknown environment. There are just so many factors that I cannot control that I can control in my incall.
It all boils down to what a lady perceives as more labour intensive. Some girls charge more for outcall, some less. Sometimes providing an outcall or incall can be more time consuming than you'd imagine. Boils down to what works for the lady. Originally Posted by Leah Ireland
I see, so if she is doing lingerie or adding other details to her session, it may be labor intensive to prep at home, or pack a light bag, etc.

I guess the other thing I did not think about is if she has an permanent incall (or a long lease of a hotel room), she may have that stocked with everything she needs and does not need to do as much prep.

Of course, in the case of the gal that sparked my curiosity on this topic, it looked like she had just arrived at the room too, and would have pretty much done the exact same thing, which wasn't much by the way.

Meanwhile back at my room, I always have candles, lotions, oils, refreshments, snacks, a variety of soaps and shampoos. . .

Yep, I do the full BFE on my outcalls. . .so there would have been no work on her part beyond showing up and helping herself to whatever she needed to prep.

You have been doing this for 25 years and still have to ask all these stupid questions? Originally Posted by cpi3000
I am not sure what is stupid about the question I asked, but thanks for coming into the thread and being disruptive and making a personal attack.

That always makes folks comfortable to open up and start talking.

Come on CPI, you know better than that, especially after St. Chris just went to the trouble to post the board announcement on decorum.

Bingo...that is the bottomline...the lady uses her pricing structure to drive the type of appointments she wants...

. . .there is a very real cost to travel, notably time. All things being equal, I'd prefer to not pay an upcharge, but I'd say a $50 upcharge for someone to spend 30-45 minutes. . .. Originally Posted by atlcomedy
These are points covered in the original post. Steering the client was my best guess, but I did not want to make an assumption. Travel should not have been in issue in this variance--like I said, her location was a block away--same travel. I did point out that I have no problem with a travel fee for the scenario you just described.

Here are my reasons for charging for an outcall:

1) Because I am slightly out of the way, I have to drive for a half hour or more to get there. That's over an hour of time for me total in driving alone. It will also take me extra time to sort out my goodies and pack them up neatly for transport (toys, candles, extra outfit just in case, etc.)
2) Safety. I am much safer at my incall when I have a plan in case something goes awry. This is also why I never meet first-time clients anywhere else.
3) I do want to steer clients away from the option if possible because I do feel slightly uneasy in an unknown environment. There are just so many factors that I cannot control that I can control in my incall. Originally Posted by China Doll
Thank you, China that explains a great deal.

It is becoming more of a trend lately. I wondered if it had more to do with someone like China and Cassidy going through the value added process for well-thought out reasons to offset cost and be strategic, but new providers flooding into the industry, glancing at the hard work they put into their marketing in ads and sites, and then just doing the copy and paste without thought, and while we are at it, maybe spike it up ten or fifteen dollars.

Like I said, I was mostly confused because she seemed put out at having to get the room and pay for it, asked me why I didn't book her for outcall. I guess I should have broached the subject of the fee anyway and explained, because you charged $50.00 more and it did not seem to make sense to me to spend extra money for your convenience.

I didn't want to sound like a heel.

Anyway thanks, it answered my curiosity and hopefully it will be instructional for ladies as they ponder this when setting up their fee structure.
  • npita
  • 03-09-2010, 05:36 PM
The most obvious thing that comes to mind is that if she rents the hotel room, she can use it as an incall to see several clients. If you rent the room, she has to travel to your room for a single session.
ANONONE:
"Like I said, I was mostly confused because she seemed put out at having to get the room and pay for it, asked me why I didn't book her for outcall. I guess I should have broached the subject of the fee anyway and explained, because you charged $50.00 more and it did not seem to make sense to me to spend extra money for your convenience."

You are correct that this is a strange situation. I think it is a good example of technicalities getting in the way of what would have made sense for both of you. If it was a comfort/safety thing on her part, then getting a room shouldn't have bothered her.
I happen to be one of the seemingly rare ladies who charges less for an outcall appointment. It just makes sense to me since it does save me the expense of an hotel room.
While I do like having the sense of control over the environment of an incall I actually prefer doing more outcalls.

That is however, within a limited radius of my area. If I'm driving an extreme distance than there is no price difference. And in some cases a travel fee. (over an hr drive one way)
I happen to be one of the seemingly rare ladies who charges less for an outcall appointment. It just makes sense to me since it does save me the expense of an hotel room.
While I do like having the sense of control over the environment of an incall I actually prefer doing more outcalls.

That is however, within a limited radius of my area. If I'm driving an extreme distance than there is no price difference. And in some cases a travel fee. (over an hr drive one way) Originally Posted by sexymaid_69
. . .and if the schmuck that gets to service our PA clients ever loses his iron grip on the state, I might be able to get out to see you, lass!

It is good to see you on this board!

Gent's: Very hot lady

Ladies: Very smart lady with great wisdom if you need advice
Hey Tolstoy, please hold off on the 4" thread bumps. I'm trying to nurse an honest hangover here.
Hey Tolstoy, please hold off on the 4" thread bumps. I'm trying to nurse an honest hangover here. Originally Posted by TexasT
I am sorry; what was your contribution to the thread topic of INCALL/OUTCALL VARIANCE?