10 killed in Colorado shooting!!

Duh... Angry Democrats havin a hard time "reelin it back in" would be my guess....
  • pxmcc
  • 03-23-2021, 09:57 PM
Whats going on is we have the dumbest gun laws in the world. just one more reason to end the filibuster..
Whats going on is we have the dumbest gun laws in the world. just one more reason to end the filibuster.. Originally Posted by pxmcc

Damn right!

Our laws make it too difficult for law abiding citizens to be able to carry because the easiest way to stop a bad guy with a gun is for a good guy, or gal, with a gun to step in and end it. Fuck all the LTC and pass a nationwide constitutional carry. And while we're at it make it possible for any educator who wants to carry in schools to be able to carry in schools. Give them one week of hands on, live fire tactical training for active shooter situations and a yearly stipend to cover training, range time and ammo.

This fucktard was known to be violent, and family members said he was mentally unstable and possibly delusional. He was on the FBIs radar but the FBI has their collective heads up their asses trying to cover for their fuck ups like sending a 20+ man crew in tactical gear at 6am to arrest someone for a process crime, and signing off on FISA warrants containing unverifiable information.

What gun laws would you propose? Just confiscate everything? Come and take it...
This asshole would have attacked with a fucking machete and killed just as many if not more. That's the kind of shit that happens in countries with "tougher" gun laws. A killer is going to find a way to kill. Eric Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh, Tsarnayev brothers ring any bells?

Isn't it kind of strange that we know the guy purchased the gun on 3/16, although he had others in his home, but we don't know where or we aren't being told where he bough it from. Chances are it was a legal purchase from a gun shop but the NICS failed...Another mentally disturbed individual with a record of violent assaults falling through the cracks. This would tell you we don't need more laws rather we simply need to enforce the ones we have. Adding more laws that we won't enforce won't do a damn thing.
What gun laws would you propose? Just confiscate everything? Come and take it...
This asshole would have attacked with a fucking machete and killed just as many if not more. That's the kind of shit that happens in countries with "tougher" gun laws. A killer is going to find a way to kill. Eric Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh, Tsarnayev brothers ring any bells?
Originally Posted by boardman

Exactly.
  • pxmcc
  • 03-24-2021, 09:19 AM
[QUOTE=boardman;1062401118]Damn right!

Our laws make it too difficult for law abiding citizens to be able to carry

if this was true, then states like texas should have less gun violence than states like New York, and countries like Australia should have more gun violence than the US. Is that the case? nope.

because the easiest way to stop a bad guy with a gun is for a good guy, or gal, with a gun to step in and end it. Fuck all the LTC and pass a nationwide constitutional carry. And while we're at it make it possible for any educator who wants to carry in schools to be able to carry in schools. Give them one week of hands on, live fire tactical training for active shooter situations and a yearly stipend to cover training, range time and ammo.

my 7th period english teacher
has to pay for school supplies out of her own pocket. now she still has to do that but she gets free gun training? makes perfect sense..

she has a .357 magnum in her desk. what could possibly go wrong..

the good guy with the gun stopping the bad guy with the AR-15 is a myth right up there with Nessie. seriously, how many times has this worked even in blood red states where it's easier to buy a gun than vote?

This fucktard was known to be violent, and family members said he was mentally unstable and possibly delusional. He was on the FBIs radar but the FBI has their collective heads up their asses trying to cover for their fuck ups like sending a 20+ man crew in tactical gear at 6am to arrest someone for a process crime, and signing off on FISA warrants containing unverifiable information.

how bout universal background checks and a "cannot buy gun" list like the "do not fly" list? owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right and should be harder than getting a driver's license and to vote, not less.

nope. only military-grade automatic and semi-automatic weapons of war. when was the last time you used a semi-auto or fully auto AR-15 for deer hunting or home defense?

This asshole would have attacked with a fucking machete and killed just as many if not more.

umm, you put you or me or any male with a pair in a grocery store with a guy with a machete trying to kill everyone, he's a dead duck. put you or me in the same scenario and he's got an AR-15 while we left our piece in the car, unless we want to die, we'd be scrambling for cover and looking for the nearest exit. no comparison.

That's the kind of shit that happens in countries with "tougher" gun laws. A killer is going to find a way to kill. Eric Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh, Tsarnayev brothers ring any bells?

we're talking about gun violence. stopping truck bombs is a separate issue and a separate thread.

Isn't it kind of strange that we know the guy purchased the gun on 3/16, although he had others in his home, but we don't know where or we aren't being told where he bough it from. Chances are it was a legal purchase from a gun shop but the NICS failed...Another mentally disturbed individual with a record of violent assaults falling through the cracks.

100% legal purchase. what does that say about our gun laws?
falling through the cracks is a foreseeable problem. because we know that some peeps will fall through the cracks, the question is, what are we going to do about it?

This would tell you we re laws rather we simply need to enforce the ones we have. Adding more laws that we won't enforce won't do a damn thing.

how long has this point of view been used as an excuse? stupidity is doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome..
I have an AR because I want one to take to the range and have some fun. I have a 9mm for home defense and I'm also a holder of a concealed handgun permit.

I'm mentally stable enough to get into any water plants, plants that produce electric energy, including nuclear power plants, and oil reserve plants, plus any and all plants in the greater Houston, Freeport, Galveston, Mont Belview, Sealy, Wharton, and West Columbia areas.

It also seems we battled the same shit back into the 1960's. I remember the old saying, "if guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns."

Bottom line, pxmcc, you and your liberal buddies are treading on my 2nd amendment rights.
  • pxmcc
  • 03-24-2021, 10:50 AM
l
I have an AR because I want one to take to the range and have some fun. I have a 9mm for home defense and I'm also a holder of a concealed handgun permit.

I'm mentally stable enough to get into any water plants, plants that produce electric energy, including nuclear power plants, and oil reserve plants, plus any and all plants in the greater Houston, Freeport, Galveston, Mont Belview, Sealy, Wharton, and West Columbia areas.

It also seems we battled the same shit back into the 1960's. I remember the old saying, "if guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns."

Bottom line, pxmcc, you and your liberal buddies are treading on my 2nd amendment rights. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
i hear you, but maybe could you sacrifice a small portion of your 2nd amendment rights if it would save countless lives? you can keep your hunting rifle and your pistol for home defense.

i think there should be a government buyback program at full replacement value so AR-15 owners don't get screwed.
i hear you, but maybe could you sacrifice a small portion of your 2nd amendment rights if it would save countless lives? Originally Posted by pxmcc

I guess we also need to get rid of all automobiles, after all far more are killed by automobiles than guns.

I view this like I feel about the confederate flag, liberals are just looking for a feel good moment to cancel what they don't like. Unfortunately many can see through their shallow feelings.
  • pxmcc
  • 03-24-2021, 11:00 AM
I guess we also need to get rid of all automobiles, after all far more are killed by automobiles than guns.

I view this like I feel about the confederate flag, liberals are just looking for a feel good moment to cancel what they don't like. Unfortunately many can see through their shallow feelings. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
cars have a primary purpose of getting us from point A to point B; sometimes people break laws and wrecks result. Military grade assault rifles have a primary purpose of, what again?
cars have a primary purpose of getting us from point A to point B; sometimes people break laws and wrecks result. Military grade assault rifles have a primary purpose of, what again? Originally Posted by pxmcc

People also use shotguns in law enforcement and the military services (My JROTC instructor was a SCPO that operated on PT boats in Nam and carried a .12 gauge pump). So are we going to outlaw shotguns also? As a shotgun owner, I also enjoy trips to the skeet/trap ranges. Did you ever think that gun ownership may be as simple as a trip to the range, along with home defense?

Frankly, I and millions of other gun owners are offended being lumped in the same group as mass murderers. As a liberal do you want to be lumped into the same group as the far, far left liberals? Probably not.
[QUOTE=pxmcc;1062401217]
Damn right!

Our laws make it too difficult for law abiding citizens to be able to carry

if this was true, then states like texas should have less gun violence than states like New York, and countries like Australia should have more gun violence than the US. Is that the case? nope.

30 people have been shot and killed in the last three days in Chicago, a city and state with some of the most stringent gun laws in the country.
DC's murder by gun rate is 6 times what it is in Texas.

The recent uptick in all kinds of violence in Houston is directly related to the liberal policies of letting offenders out on PR bonds.

because the easiest way to stop a bad guy with a gun is for a good guy, or gal, with a gun to step in and end it. Fuck all the LTC and pass a nationwide constitutional carry. And while we're at it make it possible for any educator who wants to carry in schools to be able to carry in schools. Give them one week of hands on, live fire tactical training for active shooter situations and a yearly stipend to cover training, range time and ammo.

my 7th period english teacher
has to pay for school supplies out of her own pocket. now she still has to do that but she gets free gun training? makes perfect sense..
School districts have enough money to fund full blown police forces. They wouldn't need 1/2 that if they paid a $2000 stipend to any teacher who was willing to carry.

she has a .357 magnum in her desk. what could possibly go wrong..
Putting it in the desk is about as useful as putting it in a gun safe.

the good guy with the gun stopping the bad guy with the AR-15 is a myth right up there with Nessie. seriously, how many times has this worked even in blood red states where it's easier to buy a gun than vote?

West Freeway church of Christ in Dallas Area
Sutherland Springs shooting
Oklahoma Walmart
Washington State Walmart

All stopped by armed citizens.

The number of shootings stopped or avoided altogether is impossible to quantify because an armed society is a polite society. Anyone in their right mind is much more likely to avoid frivolous confrontation if there is the possibility that the person being confronted is armed.

Futhermore, it is widely recognized that a large number of incidents are thwarted simply by the brandishing of a weapon and those incidents are never reported. I have first hand knowledge of this, anecdotal as it may be.

how bout universal background checks and a "cannot buy gun" list like the "do not fly" list? owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right and should be harder than getting a driver's license and to vote, not less.
We have background checks and this guy was known to the FBI. I go through a background check every time I purchase a gun at Collector's or Carter Country.

But you're making my my point. We don't enforce what laws we have. How is disarming a law abiding public going to change that?

nope. only military-grade automatic and semi-automatic weapons of war. when was the last time you used a semi-auto or fully auto AR-15 for deer hunting or home defense?
An AR-15 is only semi auto and I've used one for hunting as recently as this year. It also is one of my home defense weapons. I'm not going to get into ballistics, because that would obviously be over your head, but it is one of the safest for home defense other than maybe a shotgun with home defense rounds.

This asshole would have attacked with a fucking machete and killed just as many if not more.

umm, you put you or me or any male with a pair in a grocery store with a guy with a machete trying to kill everyone, he's a dead duck. put you or me in the same scenario and he's got an AR-15 while we left our piece in the car, unless we want to die, we'd be scrambling for cover and looking for the nearest exit. no comparison.

Ask any cop or anyone with tactical training. "Charge a gun, run from a knife."

That's the kind of shit that happens in countries with "tougher" gun laws. A killer is going to find a way to kill. Eric Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh, Tsarnayev brothers ring any bells?

we're talking about gun violence. stopping truck bombs is a separate issue and a separate thread.

You do realize that only one of those included the use of a truck right? The point is that someone intent on killing will find an instrument to do that with.

Isn't it kind of strange that we know the guy purchased the gun on 3/16, although he had others in his home, but we don't know where or we aren't being told where he bough it from. Chances are it was a legal purchase from a gun shop but the NICS failed...Another mentally disturbed individual with a record of violent assaults falling through the cracks.

100% legal purchase. what does that say about our gun laws?
falling through the cracks is a foreseeable problem. because we know that some peeps will fall through the cracks, the question is, what are we going to do about it?
WE meaning the government? They can't enforce the fucking laws already on the books or don't want to. They can't or won't enforce the laws at the border, they can't or won't enforce the laws against political corruption. You want to give them more laws to not enforce? More laws that infringe on the rights of law abiding citizens will do nothing to stop someone intent on killing. How about letting law abiding citizens have the right to defend themselves with the means they determine are best for them. If that's using a phone to call the police then more power to them. Just don't fucking tell me what is in my best interest. That's my decision and I'll live with the consequences.

This would tell you we re laws rather we simply need to enforce the ones we have. Adding more laws that we won't enforce won't do a damn thing.

how long has this point of view been used as an excuse? stupidity is doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.. Originally Posted by boardman

Read the book More Guns Less Crime by John Lott. I think it's in it's third addition with updated statistics. Be sure to understand that Lott was purely an academic and all that went with that when he started his research.
l

i hear you, but maybe could you sacrifice a small portion of your 2nd amendment rights if it would save countless lives? you can keep your hunting rifle and your pistol for home defense.

i think there should be a government buyback program at full replacement value so AR-15 owners don't get screwed. Originally Posted by pxmcc

“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

An AR 15 is far superior as a home defense weapon than say a 9mm or .45acp. Much less chance of unintended damage. Energy being equal to mass x velocity...in very basic terms.
cars have a primary purpose of getting us from point A to point B; sometimes people break laws and wrecks result. Military grade assault rifles have a primary purpose of, what again? Originally Posted by pxmcc

Define assault rifle...

My Ruger 10/22 could do some significant damage very quickly if I were intent on doing significant damage very quickly.
I have never owned a gun. Not that I am against owning a gun, or for it. Just was too cheap to buy the gun and the ammo.

However, with the attacks on the Asian Community going on across the country, for the first time in my life I stopped in a gun store and did some browsing last week. Grabbed some information about ownership and for a concealed weapons permit.

As a side note, anyone see the article of the Asian women who was minding her own business and was sucker punched? She beat the crap out of him with a stick.