First time visiting!

So I will be visiting soon, starting in Pensacola. This is my first visit and was looking for any helpful pointers on areas to stay and/or avoid!

hoping to go to a quieter beach while visiting (it can be anywhere as I plan on traveling the state a bit) also any must try seafood spots?? Local coffee spots? Events coming up?

any info would be great, PM is always open and encouraged for private info/details to keep places discreet!!
I'm not sure there is such a thing as "a quieter beach" around here during the summer time.

Pensacola and Destin seem to be the hot spots. Expect daily traffic delays if visiting Destin, though.... especially on the weekends.

Panama City I'm not sure about since I don't visit there often.
Just visit fort Walton beach. It's the quietest beach around.
Just visit fort Walton beach. It's the quietest beach around. Originally Posted by laloverboy
Look at those nice pillows to lay your head on.
Navarre Beach
Navarre Beach Originally Posted by Oneputbirdie
Yeah, Navarre is probably the "quietest" area around here.... if you're looking for peace and quiet.

If you're wanting to host clients while you're here, Pensacola & Destin would probably be the best choices. Ft. Walton Beach is also a short drive from Destin (depending on traffic), so hotels in Ft. Walton might be a tad bit cheaper than hotels in Destin. Destin traffic is also HORRIBLE this time of the year, since that is the "vacation hot spot" of the area.

There are definitely options. Everyone will probably have their own opinions, too.

I've lived here in the Florida panhandle for 30+ years.
If you’re going to stay in Pensacola, I would pick Historic Downtown or by the Airport. The Airport is literally a mile Fromm Cordova Mall, and there are plenty of restaurants, banks, department stores, shopping, etc.

For Coffee Shops, I’d highly recommend Coffee Guy on Davis Highway or the Drowsy Poet on Brent Lane. They also have a drive thru on Airport. I’d pick Coffee Guy over Drowsy Poet.

Once you understand the layout, Pensacola is pretty easy to navigate.

If you’re into history, Pensacola predates Saint Augustine with the Deluna Expedition. Sadly, a hurricane wiped out the settlement.

Five nations have occupied it. Americans, French, British, Spanish and Confederates.

Florida came into the Union in 1820, after Andrew Jackson invaded. His mission was to put down Seminole Indians who would go to Alabama and Georgia and attack citizens. He marched into an unguarded Pensacola, and put the Spanish governor in jail. The garrison was in Mexico putting down a revolt.

Seafood. Check out Joe Patti’s or Fish House.

Destin is pretty horrible. For work, I’d say Fort Walton and Pensacola will get you the most business. Destin can be fun, but the traffic is pretty bad.
Navarre is best for the beach in the panhandle, close to FWB and Pensacola.So when are you going to be in the area???
WOW!!! What a great response already, thank you guys so much! I am excited to get there in the next few days and check it all out!

Again, thank you!
There are several parking areas between Pensacola and Navarre beaches that are quieter than the main beaches. That also means limited resources, guards, bathrooms, etc., but they usually have fewer people.
Mexico Beach is my get away from the "noise" of tourists. It's completely transformed since the hurricane.
Dang haven’t heard “Mexico beach” in years I totally forgot about the place I haven’t been since I was a kid
I may have to look up some places there to stay
Please bring that rack to fort Walton beach.
Again, I appreciate all the info! I am so looking forward to some sun and sand, however (according to the weather forecast) looks like I might have to wait a few days for some sun. The weather in Austin is the same right now. Meh.

LAloverboy - I do plan to make my way to Destin area! The F's and I appreciate the invite!!
I am looking forward to milking you baby.