Last Flu Season's Vaccine Only 29% Effective: CDC

The article is from 2019, preCovid19. Here's a line from the article: the vaccine was 47% effective into February, but that dropped to just 9% after the late strain showed up.

In other words, we learned to live with it. We accepted the losses. Similar situation with other versions of the flu in prior years. You didn't see everyone "mask up." Limited, if any lock downs.

It's time to move on.

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/n...-effective-cdc
That’d hamper mail in vote fraud. Can’t have that, gotta lock shit down because dems know they’re in for an epic ass beating otherwise.
Well 202's flu vaccine must have been 100% effective. We eliminated the flu (according to the 'tards by masking but yet it won't stop COVID - lol). the simple fact is all of the Flu illnesses and deaths were simply marked as COVID since we know the tests could not differentiate.

Which means that COVID is 1/3 less deadly than claimed simply by extracting the annual flu deaths from the overall pandemic numbers...
... the simple fact is all of the Flu illnesses and deaths were simply marked as COVID since we know the tests could not differentiate.
.... Originally Posted by texassapper
This.

Sen Lindsey Graham just announced that he has tested for COVID even though he was "fully vaccinated." But IHO, he's glad he got the vaxx otherwise the symptoms would be worse.

Yeah, sure, maybe, whatever you say. Just no more forced masks, shutdowns and vaxs.
Yeah, sure, maybe, whatever you say. Just no more forced masks, shutdowns and vaxs. Originally Posted by gnadfly
I on the other hand want the 'tards to do their thing and order the shutdowns. Let the Blue states get the government they deserve or was at least stolen for them... lol

If they try that shit again here.. private companies etc, I will tell them to FOAD at the stores.. I will not be masking up again to go to a restaurant or to walmart etc. Let somebody fcuk with me...

I'll just tell them I'm an illegal.
  • Tiny
  • 08-02-2021, 02:56 PM
The article is from 2019, preCovid19. Here's a line from the article: the vaccine was 47% effective into February, but that dropped to just 9% after the late strain showed up.

In other words, we learned to live with it. We accepted the losses. Similar situation with other versions of the flu in prior years. You didn't see everyone "mask up." Limited, if any lock downs.

It's time to move on.

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/n...-effective-cdc Originally Posted by gnadfly
Pfizer, Moderna, BioNTech, and President Trump's Operation Warp Speed brought very effective vaccines to market in record time, using mRNA technology. Now Moderna is working on an mRNA vaccine for the flu. Who knows, maybe it will be 90% effective, like the mRNA COVID vaccines were. We live in exciting times!

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...-mRNA-vaccine?

Which means that COVID is 1/3 less deadly than claimed simply by extracting the annual flu deaths from the overall pandemic numbers... Originally Posted by texassapper
You could argue that the COVID is 40% more deadly than claimed, based on the number of deaths in 2020 versus 2019. 500,000 more people died in 2020, but only 345,000 of those excess deaths were attributed to COVID,

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2778234

(See the table in the link)

This.

Sen Lindsey Graham just announced that he has tested for COVID even though he was "fully vaccinated." But IHO, he's glad he got the vaxx otherwise the symptoms would be worse.

Yeah, sure, maybe, whatever you say. Just no more forced masks, shutdowns and vaxs. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Graham wrote in a follow-up tweet, "I feel like I have a sinus infection and at present time I have mild symptoms. I will be quarantining for ten days. I am very glad I was vaccinated because without vaccination I am certain I would not feel as well as I do now. My symptoms would be far worse."

Graham, before he got his results, was in the Senate on Monday morning, according to people who talked to him. He was wearing a mask at the time.
  • oeb11
  • 08-02-2021, 03:07 PM
G - let the maoist DPST's lockdown and hide all they want

No rent relief, no tax subsidies, no payments, nothing for the money-grubbing disasters who want the government to pay for them.

fuck the DPST party and their tax welfare state.
Pfizer, Moderna, BioNTech, and President Trump's Operation Warp Speed brought very effective vaccines to market in record time, using mRNA technology. Now Moderna is working on an mRNA vaccine for the flu. Who knows, maybe it will be 90% effective, like the mRNA COVID vaccines were. We live in exciting times!

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...-mRNA-vaccine?

You could argue that the COVID is 40% more deadly than claimed, based on the number of deaths in 2020 versus 2019. 500,000 more people died in 2020, but only 345,000 of those excess deaths were attributed to COVID,

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2778234

(See the table in the link)

Graham wrote in a follow-up tweet, "I feel like I have a sinus infection and at present time I have mild symptoms. I will be quarantining for ten days. I am very glad I was vaccinated because without vaccination I am certain I would not feel as well as I do now. My symptoms would be far worse."

Graham, before he got his results, was in the Senate on Monday morning, according to people who talked to him. He was wearing a mask at the time. Originally Posted by Tiny

G - let the maoist DPST's lockdown and hide all they want

No rent relief, no tax subsidies, no payments, nothing for the money-grubbing disasters who want the government to pay for them.

fuck the DPST party and their tax welfare state. Originally Posted by oeb11
Yeah, fuck the money center banks, who by Government decree can create 50 times the money they hold in reserves, and lend it out, charging interest on phantom money creation. And fuck them, when they charge a poor Bloke $35 for overdrawing his account by $4, when they have already created 50 times their own money, but will effectively charge a 900% daily interest charge on the $4 overdraft.
  • oeb11
  • 08-02-2021, 06:34 PM
Who created those - CT? - BTW - you are in denial and deflection of teh OP topic.

Please start your own banking topic - please do not hi-jack!

parenthetically - if One thinks banks are bad - wait for teh fiden confiscatory tax increases they Lie about - and the DPST party will never confiscate enough to pay for their criminal hyperspending of America into Oblivion.
Pfizer, Moderna, BioNTech, and President Trump's Operation Warp Speed brought very effective vaccines to market in record time, using mRNA technology. Now Moderna is working on an mRNA vaccine for the flu. Who knows, maybe it will be 90% effective, like the mRNA COVID vaccines were. We live in exciting times! Originally Posted by Tiny
The vaccine's effectiveness is oversold based on what I've observed. Yeah, we live in exciting times! A bioweapon by the Chinese and Fauxi has fucked up the planet...but we MAY have a cure for the common cold! You would have been a hoot in the Hiroshima cleanup.

Graham, before he got his results, was in the Senate on Monday morning, according to people who talked to him. He was wearing a mask at the time. Originally Posted by Tiny
Graham isn't trustable just like the CDC numbers.

Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Again, I don't trust CDC COVID numbers based on different experiences and observations. I do however note heart disease and suicide numbers are also up. Thanks dilbert for finding and linking the table.
  • Tiny
  • 08-02-2021, 08:46 PM
Again, I don't trust CDC COVID numbers based on different experiences and observations. I do however note heart disease and suicide numbers are also up. Thanks dilbert for finding and linking the table. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Suicides were actually down. Deaths from heart disease, diabetes and Alzheimers were up, above trend, probably because COVID killed off a lot of people who had those conditions. This is part of the reason I believe excess deaths from COVID have been undercounted.
From what I understand, with traditional, low-cost vaccines, you basically have to predict 3-5 years beforehand what flu strains are going to prevalent for that year of the vaccine. The promise of the mRNA vaccine tech was to be able to quickly manufacture vaccines using more recent data. Not surprised at the 29% rate for something that is manufactured that well in advance.
This.

That seems to be happening more and more. A person tests Positive in spite of being vaccinated and quite a few claim they are experiencing obvious flu like symptoms. I find this very puzzling.
The vaccine's effectiveness is oversold based on what I've observed. Yeah, we live in exciting times! A bioweapon by the Chinese and Fauxi has fucked up the planet...but we MAY have a cure for the common cold! You would have been a hoot in the Hiroshima cleanup.

Graham isn't trustable just like the CDC numbers.

Again, I don't trust CDC COVID numbers based on different experiences and observations. I do however note heart disease and suicide numbers are also up. Thanks dilbert for finding and linking the table. Originally Posted by gnadfly
don't thank me. thank Tiny. that was from his link.

the cdc numbers are suspect.

for instance, why are the flu/pneumonia included together? those are different diseases.

I do remember seeing a table from last year on previous years deaths on flu/pneumonia, they were in the 80,000 - 100,000 range, not combined. they were posted on one of the covid thread, maybe in tiny's death count thread.

there was some chatter about CDC playing games with data on flu, pneeumonia and covid last year.