NYC will require vaccination proof for indoor dining, gyms

• oeb11
  • 08-03-2021, 09:24 AM

NEW YORK (AP) — New York City will soon require proof of COVID-19 vaccinations for anyone who wants to dine indoors at a restaurant, see a performance or go to the gym, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced Tuesday, making it the first big city in the U.S. to impose such restrictions.
© Provided by Associated Press FILE - In this April 28, 2021 file photo, New York Mayor Bill de Blasio, left, speaks with Matthew Putman, co-founder and CEO of Nanotronics, during a facility tour before a ribbon-cutting ceremony to mark the opening of a Nanotronics manufacturing center at the Brooklyn Navy Yard in the Brooklyn borough of New York. Putman said he agonized over his decision to impose a vaccine mandate on his more than 100 employees, who have mostly been working onsite throughout the pandemic. As it turned out, nearly all of his workers were already vaccinated, though he dreads the prospect of having to fire any holdouts.(AP Photo/John Minchillo, Pool) © Provided by Associated Press FILE — In this May 17, 2021 file photo, Emily Baumgartner, left, and Luke Finley, second from left, join friends from their church group in a birthday toast to one of the members, upper right, during their weekly "Monday Night Hang" gathering at the Tiki Bar on Manhattan's Upper West Side, in New York. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio have scheduled competing news conferences Monday, Aug. 2 amid rising COVID-19 case counts attributed to the highly contagious delta variant of the virus. (AP Photo/Kathy Willens, File) The new requirement, which will be phased in over several weeks in August and September, is the most aggressive step the city has taken yet to curb a surge in cases caused by the Delta variant. People will have to show proof that they have had at least one dose of a vaccine.

“The only way to patronize these establishments indoors will be if you’re vaccinated,” de Blasio said. “The goal here is to convince everyone that this is the time. If we’re going to stop the Delta variant, the time is now. And that means getting vaccinated right now.”
The Democrat said some details of how the program will work still need to be worked out. The policy will go into effect on Aug. 16 but inspections and enforcement won't begin until Sept. 13, the week that the city's public schools reopen for the fall.
Vaccination cards will be accepted as proof of inoculation, along with state and city apps.
De Blasio has focused on getting as many New Yorkers vaccinated as possible while resisting calls to mandate masks indoors, as several cities and counties in California have done.
De Blasio said Monday he was making “a strong recommendation” that everyone wear a mask in public indoor settings but stressed that the city’s “overwhelming strategic thrust” remained getting more people vaccinated.
The mayor announced last week that city employees would be required to get vaccinated by mid-September or to face weekly testing, and he has offered a $100 incentive for city residents who get inoculated.
About 66% of adults in New York City are fully vaccinated, according to official data.
On Monday, the U.S. reached President Joe Biden’s goal of getting at least one COVID-19 shot into 70% of American adult s — a month late and amid a surge by the delta variant that is overwhelming hospitals and prompting renewed pandemic regulations around the country.

massive lockdowns from the dumBlasio regime are next - and fiden will again lockdwon america. Causing starvation, desperation, poverty, and joy for all the DPST nomenklatura - who dictate their narrative idiocy on America to destroy the country.

Congratulations - minions and sheeples - You think you have Won!!!
LOL - bitter laughter. at the black comedy/horror that is american subjugated to the communist party of China and Xi!

of course - not a thought to those with naturally acquired immunity -
DPST solution is One size fits all - ( DPST dictated) - jab everybody - or cancel them with our vaccine passports!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAGHA -says DumBlasio in victory for totalitariansim.
They are getting the government they deserve. GOOD and HARD

I'm printing my own vaccine cards just in case... Luckily Pfizer put up hundreds of Pics so that I know valid lot numbers LOL

Let the bastards freeze to death in the dark.
Here in Florida's Broward county ( Ft. Lauderdale ) the school board had decided that all school children would be required to wear a mask for the coming school year. Gov. DeSantis told them "either resend that mandate or I will cut your funding". Damn!!! The Governator has spoken!

It will be very interesting to see if the teachers strike.
It will be very interesting to see if the teachers strike. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
Let them. They are nothing more than glorified daycare that are actually supposed to teach reading, writing, and arithmetic. They are failing at the teaching part so f'em. I'd fire them wholesale and hire retired engineers, and anybody else that wants to do the job... they'd have to pass the same test given to the kids first to qualify... that right there would cut out all the SJW's. It's another field that has been totally feminized and we wonder why schools are failures.

Education is paying other people to tell you what books to read... and they think they need a degree to do that...
It's another field that has been totally feminized and we wonder why schools are failures.
Our sixth grade teacher was like 6’5” 250#. If you fucked up he’d duct tape you to a chair and lock you in the closet. Crying to mommy or daddy wouldn’t help, they’d ask what you did to deserve it and you’d be in trouble at home too. Kids tended to be well behaved in his class.
They are getting the government they deserve. GOOD and HARD

I'm printing my own vaccine cards just in case... Luckily Pfizer put up hundreds of Pics so that I know valid lot numbers LOL

Originally Posted by texassapper
I’d recommend making an unnoticeable change. From what I’ve read it’s not a crime if done that way.
Here in Florida's Broward county ( Ft. Lauderdale ) the school board had decided that all school children would be required to wear a mask for the coming school year. Gov. DeSantis told them "either resend that mandate or I will cut your funding". Damn!!! The Governator has spoken!

It will be very interesting to see if the teachers strike. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
Cut of the funding to the teachers. Here in Harris County (Houston) there were large portions of kids never showing up to online classes. Teachers rang alarm bells that there'd be mass failure rates. Probably passed a bunch of kids who didn't deserve it. Then again they didn't deserve this COVID situ.

Our sixth grade teacher was like 6’5” 250#. If you fucked up he’d duct tape you to a chair and lock you in the closet. Crying to mommy or daddy wouldn’t help, they’d ask what you did to deserve it and you’d be in trouble at home too. Kids tended to be well behaved in his class. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
What year was this? Try something like that and you'll get fired and put on some do not hire list. There's all types of videos on Youtube where the students attack teachers. I'd bet a lot of them were planned.

There's lots of videos of zoom classes where the students cussed out the teachers. They've been taught to disrespect the cops, so why not the teachers?
1980, give or take.
Our sixth grade teacher was like 6’5” 250#. If you fucked up he’d duct tape you to a chair and lock you in the closet. Crying to mommy or daddy wouldn’t help, they’d ask what you did to deserve it and you’d be in trouble at home too. Kids tended to be well behaved in his class. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
My 6th grade teacher was Mr. Piper, big 6 foot something Black guy with an Afro. You did not fcuk with Mr. Piper. Word on the playground was ha had killed a kid 10 years earlier...lol(probably an exaggeration. probably). Worse thing you could hear if you were screwing off was, "Mr. Piper is coming!"
If this COVID thing has taught me anything it's that the government can really do whatever the hell it wants.
I would to see some one with a hidden camera follow around some minority actors paid to pretend they have no vaccine id as they go to lots of restaurants and be turned away. A democrat portrayed as racist is the greatest sin they can commit

Lockdowns coming
The governor has the power to just lock down an entire state whenever he or she feels like it?
The governor has the power to just lock down an entire state whenever he or she feels like it? Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
They made private business owners act like cops without getting paid for all the grief they got from rude customers