Blood Type

I have O positive blood hadn't been sick thur this pandemic & been around people who have tested positive but a couple of weeks ago got to feeling bad so I got tested come back negative. So can anyone tell me if they are the same. I'm 60 never smoked a welder and bass fishermen and I workout on a regular basis. Our am just lucky so far.
Lucky.
Shhh , don't tell anybody that life choices matter,
O positive as well, been around several that have had it, never got it. Have tested several times when left country and to get back in.
I have O positive blood hadn't been sick thur this pandemic & been around people who have tested positive but a couple of weeks ago got to feeling bad so I got tested come back negative. So can anyone tell me if they are the same. I'm 60 never smoked a welder and bass fishermen and I workout on a regular basis. Our am just lucky so far. Originally Posted by Nicky Wayne
The kind of blood you have is type O. There is a second blood classification to see if your blood has a positive or negative result kind of blood test. Most people have have a positive factor on their blood type. During a course in college we were testing our own blood type. I reported mine to the instructor as A negative. The instructor told me I was wrong and that no one had a negative blood type. I just said excuse me and pulled our my Red Cross blood donor card that confirmed that I was A negative, a rare blood type. I gave a lot of blood to the Red Cross because they needed my type. There are other tests for additional blood factors that will narrow the group in any type of blood. My blood type is actually A sub 2 with an added negative factor. Very rare.

O positive is the type of blood you have. The blood type has nothing to do with test for covid.

A positive on the covid test says you have the virus, the negative on the covid test says that you do not have the virus.

You say that you: " got tested come back negative". That says that you do not have the covid virus. Be happy.

There is a good bit of research that suggests that people with O Positive blood are less likely to get COVID and when they do get it, it tends to be less severe.

I don't have a problem believing this. I mean-- Italy seemed to get slammed harder than just about anywhere else-- and what makes Italy special is the unusually high numbers of people with thalassemia, That tells me that blood could very well be a factor in some things.
https://hms.harvard.edu/news/covid-19-blood-type

At this point I don’t know what to believe.

There is a good bit of research that suggests that people with O Positive blood are less likely to get COVID and when they do get it, it tends to be less severe.

I don't have a problem believing this. I mean-- Italy seemed to get slammed harder than just about anywhere else-- and what makes Italy special is the unusually high numbers of people with thalassemia, That tells me that blood could very well be a factor in some things. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
https://hms.harvard.edu/news/covid-19-blood-type

At this point I don’t know what to believe. Originally Posted by Jadec5717
That report was from over a year ago. Back then I was being told my blood type (O-) was a possible reason I didn’t catch it (confirmed by an antibody test) when it swept through my household. I didn’t care. I still got the vaccine as soon as it was available to me. There’s a lot more data supporting the case for getting vaccinated than there is about possible benefits of having a particular blood type.
WebMD says blood type has nothing to do with covid19 protection
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2021...r-covid-risk#1

I don't have a problem believing this. I mean-- Italy seemed to get slammed harder than just about anywhere else-- and what makes Italy special is the unusually high numbers of people with thalassemia, That tells me that blood could very well be a factor in some things. Originally Posted by Grace Preston

Sounds like gossip to most of us.

trey32
"WebMD says blood type has nothing to do with covid19 protection
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2021...r-covid-risk#1 "
I think we should believe WebMD
There are anecdotal reports from the early months of the pandemic that particular blood types were more or less susceptible to COVID-19 but I know of no peer reviewed population level study that supports the early suggestions. It is certainly possible that particular blood type may render somebody less likely to suffer severe disease symptoms but none confer immunity. There are ways to protect yourself and others…. Wear a mask, practice physical distancing, and get fully vaccinated.
There are anecdotal reports from the early months of the pandemic that particular blood types were more or less susceptible to COVID-19 but I know of no peer reviewed population level study that supports the early suggestions. It is certainly possible that particular blood type may render somebody less likely to suffer severe disease symptoms but none confer immunity. There are ways to protect yourself and others…. Wear a mask, practice physical distancing, and get fully vaccinated. Originally Posted by phompee

Yeah-- pretty sure I didn't suggest that blood type would exclude a person from vaccination. I'm fully vaccinated
I didn’t think you were saying that blood type was protection. I was making a general comment on blood type and COVID-19.
Yes u r lucky, I’m 70s got both the phizer shots in 2/21then game down with in in early
Aug 21. I survived but still weak. This Delta variant does’t care who the hell u r
when it decides to attack u!!
Its because you are a bass fisherman