Question for mainly UC

Anyone know of an actually GOOD BBQ place in the KC area?
Of course I do.
But are you picking up the tab?

Or would you like it delivered to:
Desert Town, Tx
Where there's sand in everything and folks have no clue.
Harp Barbecue - although, they are only open on Fridays for dinner and Saturday's for lunch. In Raytown.

Jousting Pigs - Locations in Liberty and at the Legends

Jack Stack Barbecue - Locations in Overland Park, Lenexa, Martin City, Lee's Summit, the Plaza, and Freight House

The last one, Jack Stack, is pricey, but it's my favorite in the city.

This list was curated with an eye for a Texas influences/flavors.
Wyandotte bbq??
Lmao
Of course I do.
But are you picking up the tab?

Or would you like it delivered to:
Desert Town, Tx
Where there's sand in everything and folks have no clue. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
That would actually be God's Country, TX

And I would gladly pay if there was such a thing. There is not in KC. Worst BBQ I have ever had outside of when I had some in western New York. LOL
Harp Barbecue - although, they are only open on Fridays for dinner and Saturday's for lunch. In Raytown.

Jousting Pigs - Locations in Liberty and at the Legends

Jack Stack Barbecue - Locations in Overland Park, Lenexa, Martin City, Lee's Summit, the Plaza, and Freight House

The last one, Jack Stack, is pricey, but it's my favorite in the city.

This list was curated with an eye for a Texas influences/flavors. Originally Posted by Saint Expedite
Harp was OK... at least it was not greasy.
Never been to Jousting,
Jack Stack is good if you want to waste your money on delivery.

I've never been to an actual Jack Stack location. I'll have to see if I can convince my peeps to go there.
Wyandotte bbq??
Lmao Originally Posted by BigDeal
Yeah it was awfulalful and not my choice!
Yes to Pig in Liberty.
Wabash in Excelsior.
Yes to Harp, rare I'm down that way when they are open though.

And CK you do owe me a tab.
Harp was OK... at least it was not greasy.
Never been to Jousting,
Jack Stack is good if you want to waste your money on delivery.

I've never been to an actual Jack Stack location. I'll have to see if I can convince my peeps to go there. Originally Posted by CryptKicker
I think so few places are really set up for delivery. I wouldn't recommend it in that scenario. But, the in-house service and set up is very nice.
Disparaging KC BBQ in KC. Sheeite, better not walk into any dark alleys.
Not sure if y'all heard, but Rob Magee, owner, chef / pitmaster for Q39 just passed - 5-1/2 years dealing with colon cancer.
I'll confirm.
I heard a couple hours ago.
bestest bbq is in texas

Joels bbq in Flatonia.. a bbq shak near san antonio
Not sure if y'all heard, but Rob Magee, owner, chef / pitmaster for Q39 just passed - 5-1/2 years dealing with colon cancer. Originally Posted by RiversideRome
Yeah, I heard from some BBQ guys this morning. Sucks, Rob was a good guy. I knew him for the BBQ Comp circuit when he ran Munchin Hogs at the Hilton before he opened Q39. Probably the best chef in the KC BBQ places, as he was classically French trained, and could cook anything.