Crypto, blockchain, nft,s

I'm pretty invested, anyone with technical knowledge able to talk nft's with me...
Fairly technical but have avoided the crypto craze. My high level take on NFTs would be to compare them to beenie baby's (or insert your favorite equivalent). What made people decide a cheap stuffed toy was suddenly a collectable and valuable, who knows? How long will that public opionion last, again, who knows.

I'd honestly rather trade options/futures. I have no idea what I'd do if I ever had to take delivery of 10,000 bushels of soybeans, but I know they are a tangible thing with real world use. A gif, or output of a computational result of an algorithm is another thing.

Maybe it is the future, but what's to say investors might not decide tomorrow that intangible currency has no value in general? Bitcoin is a finite "resource", or whatever you call something that only exists within software. Designed to be more difficult to solve and produce less output over time, until there is no more. I suspect that anyone accepting it at any level is rapidly converting it to fiat currency. Today's Facebook could be tomorrows MySpace after all.

But then I never understood the beanie babies or pokemon thing, and if I had it all figured out I'd be retired. So is there upside, plenty. If your timing is right. I just don't trust in the intangible.
  • BK
  • 12-13-2021, 04:54 PM
I’d say more like baseball card collecting, or comic books. There can be value in them if you have a rare & wanted one. But most of them won’t be worth much. Imho.
I don't invest in crypto. I do know someone who made a lot of money in it, but converted profits to $$. Too much like a house of cards. Money can be made if timing is right, but hard to see it lasting into the future. Kind of like a Ponzi scheme. There is also a question of how long the US $ and other currencies will fare in the future.
  • AgFox
  • 12-13-2021, 09:10 PM
NFT’s are hard to wrap your head around. One of a kind objects that can be copied. Personally, I own some crypto but I just don’t understand NFT’s so I’m staying away.
69, I'm with you on nft's being like beanie babies, and I don't invest in them, I was just trying to figure out if there was more to it I guess, I didn't explain myself well, like agfox, I own a pretty broad range of crypto, block chain and believe this is a revolution in the way people will make money, work and live,
https://youtu.be/q4pesTrC2Vg
  • BK
  • 12-14-2021, 10:43 AM
Yes I’m also into crypto as digital currency universally accepted soon and the phasing out of all other forms of payment to form the New World Order. Plus Plenty of providers are also now accepting crypto.
The problem is still that there is no parity, or backing. Bitcoin was invented almost 13 years ago and there are still only a very few places that will directly accept it. And as I said, I'm betting those rapidly convert all (or at least what they don't want to gamble with) to fiat currency. And what happens if or when the inventor and the small group of super nerds that started mining at the beginning rapidly dump them? I think it's a reasonable assumption they could hold as much as 1/3 of the Bitcoins currently in existence. That would be very bad for the value vs. the dollar. Some people are going to make money, some will lose money, have fun and like all investments don't put all the eggs in one basket.
While I use it don’t know much about it but I buy it from a site as 85 receiving on a dollar some give 70 cent a dollars from people that trade it
So someone getting bitcoin can make a bit been trader as it change all the time
Pm me for the site I’m referring
VJ
I'm buying etherium on the dips, inflation is real not some supply chain bs, the banking system doesn't want crypto, major corps are putting bitcoin on their balance sheets...
I also make money from trading. I chose this way of investing for the sake of my family's secure future, because the economy in the world is very unstable, many people are losing their jobs. In order to be confident in my actions, I am also constantly learning. This article https://j2tx.com/es/buy-bitcoin/safely was very useful to me. Indeed, the first step in investing is to choose a reliable service. The security of your data and your money depends on it.