When did slavery end in the United States?

June 14 1866.

WHEN DID SLAVERY REALLY END IN THE UNITED STA

"As it turns out, neither document applied to Indian Territory, and consequently, slavery survived in that part of the United States for several months after it was abolished everywhere else with the ratification of the Thirteenth Amendment in December, 1865."

"If we simply go by the dates on which the Tribes ratified these treaties, slavery in the continental United States came to an end as a legal institution on June 14, 1866, when the Creek Tribe agreed to abandon African-American slavery."

https://law.marquette.edu/facultyblo...mber%2C%201865.

Don't be a sap. Know your facts.
What do facts have to do with emotional political manipulation ?
It ended when Republicans forced the last Democrat to free their slaves.
It ended when Republicans forced the last Democrat to free their slaves. Originally Posted by texassapper
Still pisses off your pals, Uncle Han.
Watching you collapse is funny. You were wrong about the date.
Republicans were the liberals and Democrats were the conservatives before and after the war.
And since the Confederacy had no political parties, the Republicans freed the slaves held by the Confederacy.
The party doesn't matter because things change.
The state that held the slaves does.

Another Trumpy who tries to distort the truth.
Funny how the truth doesn't matter enough to you to dig it out. You just say what you're told to.

It ended when Republicans forced the last Democrat to free their slaves. Originally Posted by texassapper
According to MSNBC, quite a few Democrats and a lot of other left wing media, slavery hasn't ended! Hell, more than a few so called Progressives said that the "Whipping of illegals at the border by BP officers on horse back" was "akin to slavery" , which never happened Joe Biden, or "worse than slavery" said Maxine Waters.

https://www.newsweek.com/maxine-waters-calls-haiti-migrant-treatment-worse-what-we-witnessed-slavery-1631707

Maxine Waters Calls Haiti Migrant Treatment 'Worse Than What We Witnessed in Slavery'

Congresswoman Maxine Waters said the images and videos of Border Patrol agents on horseback confronting Haitian refugees at the border is "worse than what we witnessed in slavery."
"What we witnessed takes us back hundreds of years. What we witnessed was worse than what we witnessed in slavery," Waters said at a Wednesday press conference. "Cowboys with their reins, again, whipping Black people, Haitians, into the water where they're scrambling and falling down when all they're trying to do is escape from violence in their country."

"I'm pissed. I'm unhappy and I'm not just unhappy with the cowboys, who were running down Haitians and using their reins to whip them," Waters added. "I'm unhappy with the administration."
This week, videos have emerged showing law enforcement officers using aggressive tactics, including swinging long reins at Haitian migrants who crossed the U.S.-Mexico border near Del Rio, Texas.

Asked about the footage, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said on Tuesday that it was "horrible to watch," but that she did not have the full context or additional details, adding, "I can't imagine what context would make that appropriate."

Except for the FACT that not a single person was ever hit with a strap or reins. After only a few "mis-statements of so called Facts" like this, how can any intelligent person believe anything these people say? Everything that comes out of their mouth is a lie.

The investigation Biden called for and promised "these people will be punished for what they did", found no wrong doing by the border agents but the Dept. of Homeland Security tells us that they will probably "punish" the agents, "administratively" code for "if we can't get them on an actual crime" we'll make some shit up.

... Hmmm... Surely was NOT aware that Maxine Waters was old
enough to be alive back in America's slavery days.
(I'm not counting the recent "slavery days" of Biden and Fauci
FORCING people to get the vax)

But Maxine surely DOES look old and haggard.

Maybe she's correct - surely seem the best solution
is to BAN Cowboys.

### Salty
... Hmmm... Surely was NOT aware that Maxine Waters was old
enough to be alive back in America's slavery days.
(I'm not counting the recent "slavery days" of Biden and Fauci
FORCING people to get the vax)

But Maxine surely DOES look old and haggard.

Maybe she's correct - surely seem the best solution
is to BAN Cowboys.

### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again

She thinks she is living in the days of slavery but not wondering how a slave got the job she's got living in a multi-million dollar mansion. I guess she thinks she is "special".
Still pisses off your pals, Uncle Han. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

if you say so
neither document applied to Indian Territory, and consequently, slavery survived in that part of the United States for several months after it was abolished everywhere else with the ratification of the Thirteenth Amendment in December, 1865." Originally Posted by VerySkeptical
Indian reservations are by definition NOT part of the United States even though located within the national boundaries. The United States had recognized the Indian Tribes as independent nations until 1871. That's why the constitution mentions excluding them for taxation and representation purposes... they were considered citizens of Indian nations...

Therefore, Slavery was ended in the United States with the 3/4 state ratification requirement in December 1865.

Now had you posed the question when did slavery end in the Americas...you might have a point... but as usual, you don't even understand what you're writing about.
That's all well and good but slavery officially ended in June of 1866.
One of the videos has a guy swinging his reins above his head but but doesn't show him actually hit anybody.
I'm sure blacks see this different from whites. That doesn't mean they are completely wrong. This is all opinion in the perception of the intent. The border patrol was herding people. The border patrol also said horses were best in cover and while no major injuries were caused, horses weren't the best choice for open ground.

As far as your "intelligent people remark goes, it's total bullshit. After 4 years of Trump and Republican lies, asking how Democrats voicing their opinions can be believed is something Republicans say, not intelligent people. After the unending bullshit about election fraud and all the information coming out about Trump (30000 plus lies) and company, it's unbelievable that anything the Trumpys say.
All you had to do was google Italygate and you would have seen the same information I did.
Instead you continue to push misinformation.
If you can't see there are many more points of view than yours (and you don't hesitate to include long debunked claims made by Trumpys), that shows you don't have a clue.
You keep using the "intelligent people" at times when that person will call you out on that claim. That is just code for a Trumpy.

And before I close,, I want to repeat that your standards of proof are a joke. Especially after the last 5 1/2 years. People like you make it all the more important we uncover as much as we can about Jan.6.
People who believe in election fraud with no evidence but don't believe the events on Jan. 6 where there is an abundance of evidence, much of it supplied by members of the Trump administration.
An intelligent person can see through you.
I don't think we'll ever know how lucky we were that your "intelligent people" aren't that smart.
According to MSNBC, quite a few Democrats and a lot of other left wing media, slavery hasn't ended! Hell, more than a few so called Progressives said that the "Whipping of illegals at the border by BP officers on horse back" was "akin to slavery" , which never happened Joe Biden, or "worse than slavery" said Maxine Waters.

https://www.newsweek.com/maxine-waters-calls-haiti-migrant-treatment-worse-what-we-witnessed-slavery-1631707

Maxine Waters Calls Haiti Migrant Treatment 'Worse Than What We Witnessed in Slavery'

Congresswoman Maxine Waters said the images and videos of Border Patrol agents on horseback confronting Haitian refugees at the border is "worse than what we witnessed in slavery."
"What we witnessed takes us back hundreds of years. What we witnessed was worse than what we witnessed in slavery," Waters said at a Wednesday press conference. "Cowboys with their reins, again, whipping Black people, Haitians, into the water where they're scrambling and falling down when all they're trying to do is escape from violence in their country."

"I'm pissed. I'm unhappy and I'm not just unhappy with the cowboys, who were running down Haitians and using their reins to whip them," Waters added. "I'm unhappy with the administration."
This week, videos have emerged showing law enforcement officers using aggressive tactics, including swinging long reins at Haitian migrants who crossed the U.S.-Mexico border near Del Rio, Texas.

Asked about the footage, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said on Tuesday that it was "horrible to watch," but that she did not have the full context or additional details, adding, "I can't imagine what context would make that appropriate."

Except for the FACT that not a single person was ever hit with a strap or reins. After only a few "mis-statements of so called Facts" like this, how can any intelligent person believe anything these people say? Everything that comes out of their mouth is a lie.

The investigation Biden called for and promised "these people will be punished for what they did", found no wrong doing by the border agents but the Dept. of Homeland Security tells us that they will probably "punish" the agents, "administratively" code for "if we can't get them on an actual crime" we'll make some shit up.

Originally Posted by HedonistForever
December 1865 - officially outlawed
June 1866 - outlawed by treaty with indians
Present - never - prison labor
So the whole point of this thread is over the difference of ~6 months, that happened 156 years ago?!? Ya know, there could be other things in life that deserve attention other than that.
Yeah, like Benghazi!

Hhahahahahahahhh
Watching you collapse is funny. You were wrong about the date. Originally Posted by VerySkeptical
No I'm not. It formally ended in the United States with the ratification of the 13th amendment.
Republicans were the liberals and Democrats were the conservatives before and after the war. Originally Posted by VerySkeptical
Wrong again. The myth that the parties "switched" has been debunked so thoroughly only an ignorant fool thinks otherwise.