Deposits

Seems like a lot more women that post on the ad sites are asking for deposits. My standard reply is that I don't do deposits. I haven't been burned and I would like to keep it that way, the gift card scams are the worst. I understand providers have been burned. One time in CA I did Venmo $50 for outcall, and she actually returned it when something else came up. But the providers that ask for $100 or more than half the visit don't seem legit. Do you all think deposits are something we are going to have to get used to?
Personally me I wouldn’t ever do deposit. If they ask I just tell them I’ll pass and move on to the next lady.
I would expect to immediately loose any cash sent to some stranger on an adult site. I’ve ended every conversation that ever brought it up. Maybe 1-out-of-100 are legit, but providers are already a big enough crap shoot as it is. Now, someone I’ve seen before or who had glowing reviews (where deposits are mentioned) on here, that’s another story, as the odds clearly tilt in my favor. Under those circumstances, I would, but random stranger? No way!
I also immediately pass when the provider asks for a deposit. My hope is that, if hobbyists all continue to pass when deposits are required, then providers will ask for them less. I believe, because its easy cash for no service (and because in some cases its simply a scam for money), and its purely a numbers game, deposits will always be asked for to some degree. Even if "its only 20 dollars" that some are willing to lose, you multiply that by enough people, and its a nice bit of cash for absolutely zero work.
Kay_dee hit the point and missed the point -- scamming deposits is just a work-from-home job. I only do SBs through Seeking, but I read everything you guys write about STG. Since the pandemic, I think the percent of women using multiple identities on multiple sites to make a living from scams has rapidly increased. It's a job. I also think it is probably a lot of work, but it's safer and more predictable that meeting a monger or an SD who may or may not be honest, have all his teeth and brushed them recently, and doesn't have greasy, dirty hands that he want to -- well you get the idea.

I never pay deposits with a transfer app. The money is just gone. Stiffey's experience with the returned Venmo in California is like hitting the lottery -- way more than 1 in a 100.