Back to classes… need to have some outdoors fun 🤩

Another year of college is staring me down and I’m just desperate to have some fun before I’m stuck in the library all fall. Where are your fave hiking trails in Iowa? The more private, the better.

And if you know any curious gents who might be interested in joining me… send them my number.
Ledges State Park is gorgeous and even better in the fall. I am sure you can find a out of the way spot- give your Twitter followers a sneak peak tho if you feel generous- good luck in the fall Lady
Here is a list of a few good ones.

Just don't try and get trail maps from that site, they try and sell them. WHen really you can find them elsewhere for free. Brown's Woods is always nice if you are in DSM area. Id also second the Boone Ledges ESPECIALLY in Fall!

My knees went to shit years ago so I don't hike anymore and the only trails I hit are on a bicycle. But I hope you have a great time!
  • trkin
  • 08-06-2022, 05:13 PM
come to se iowa, i know a few places
Take a little trip to NE Iowa. It’s beautiful with the Mississippi River bluffs and rolling hills. We have a ton of secluded hiking trails I’d love to show you. PM me and let’s figure something out
Take a little trip to NE Iowa. It’s beautiful with the Mississippi River bluffs and rolling hills. We have a ton of secluded hiking trails I’d love to show you. PM me and let’s figure something out Originally Posted by Iowbfe

I would agree about NE Iowa. I live in des moines but travel up there to go trout fishing every other weekend. Its the best part of the state wish I could move to the country there. My dream house would be there with a trout stream running through my property
I would agree about NE Iowa. I live in des moines but travel up there to go trout fishing every other weekend. Its the best part of the state wish I could move to the country there. My dream house would be there with a trout stream running through my property Originally Posted by Yellowninja
I’m jealous. Do you hit the native streams or the stocked streams?
Stocked streams. There is only 1 true native stream in iowa that has native brook trout and its a catch and release only stream.
If you like to hike, come to the beautiful loess hills near Sioux City,I'm sure you would have no trouble finding guys who would want to hike with you!