Any Diabetics in the house?

Diabetes is a horrible disease that affects millions. Maybe someone in your family.

Maybe even you.

Why on earth would the GOP oppose capping the cost of insulin?

How’s that going to play in November?

Your body. Their choice?
insulin is expensive

for type 1's, which is an auto immune issue and not caused by overeating or lethargy as is the metabolic syndrome, there is no escape

type 1 (or juvenile diabetic as it was once known), it is a chronic disease from which there is no cure, however there are some experimental things going on

the cost of drugs and supplies for type 1 is in the $600 range each and every month, its much more if you use the more modern monitoring devices, instead of the finger prick, add another $300 per month for modern monitoring on top of $1,200 one time cost

so while ten percent of overall population are diabetic and a number of people are "pre-diabetic"

only ten percent of those ten percent are type 1's

so thats good news from a societal standpoint, because only 1% of the populace is type 1

it is possible that the vast majority of diabetics (the type 2's) can reverse their metabolic syndrome, with diet and exercise, and many times the treatment for type 2's is a pill

while type 1's must have shots, as many as 4 or 5 shots a day or the equivalent if using a pump

and then type 1's have the monitoring issue, where you need to manage from the outside, what your body is designed to do from the inside

the focus should be on income levels for type 1's
  • WTF
  • 08-09-2022, 09:49 AM
I nominate nevergaveitathought as insulin Carz!
  • WTF
  • 08-09-2022, 09:51 AM
I nominate nevergaveitathought as insulin Carz!...bout time we found him something he may be productive in!
How the fuck do you not vote for things like insulin cost caps? It literally is life saving, keeping ppl from poverty from medical costs and bancruptcy.

I guess GOPers care about you in the womb, but once you're out- you are on your own fucker. Its sad that politics has driven this to a conclusion of not protecting the populous. Rather than giving a win to the DEMS, they'd rather see ppl die. Sad indeed.
How the fuck do you not vote for things like insulin cost caps? It literally is life saving, keeping ppl from poverty from medical costs and bancruptcy.

I guess GOPers care about you in the womb, but once you're out- you are on your own fucker. Its sad that politics has driven this to a conclusion of not protecting the populous. Rather than giving a win to the DEMS, they'd rather see ppl die. Sad indeed. Originally Posted by eyecu2
We’ll put sir.
What part of a price cap is good? The part when everyone quits making it and the shelves are empty?

Look up President Nixon's Wage and Price controls in the 1970's, and see how idiotic that idea is, which has been done before if you can read history.
  • Tiny
  • 08-09-2022, 12:25 PM
Diabetes is a horrible disease that affects millions. Maybe someone in your family.

Maybe even you.

Why on earth would the GOP oppose capping the cost of insulin?

How’s that going to play in November?

Your body. Their choice? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I'm reading that worldwide three manufacturers make 90% of the insulin.

Look at this -- a vial of insulin costs $98.70 in the USA, and in the next highest country in the OECD, Chile, it costs $21.48:

https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...lin-by-country

The average for the OECD is $8.81! We're over 10X higher.

I agree that we need real competition and lower prices.

What makes you believe the GOP isn't taking this seriously? I'm asking out of ignorance. I'd suspect this is something many GOP Congressmen would want to do something about. Or why isn't it a bipartisan problem? Undoubtedly the insulin manufacturers are contributing generously to both sides of the aisle, as well as paying the lobbyists handsomely.
What part of a price cap is good? The part when everyone quits making it and the shelves are empty?

Look up President Nixon's Wage and Price controls in the 1970's, and see how idiotic that idea is, which has been done before if you can read history. Originally Posted by farmstud60
Then why does insulin cost so much more to US citizens than to the rest of the world. Is there some kind of US tax on insulin? If you were at all correct in your underlying assumption either insulin would be just as expensive in other countries or other countries would be heavily subsidizing insulin. Neither appears to be the case.

As Rick Scott said on Sunday, he disagrees with capping medical and medicine costs because it makes it harder for pharmaceutical companies to make money they need to make other drugs. He also stated when Medicare negotiates lower prices that represents a cut to Medicare benefits so maybe he is not the right person for analysis.

I guess GOPers care about you in the womb, but once you're out- you are on your own fucker. Its sad that politics has driven this to a conclusion of not protecting the populous. Rather than giving a win to the DEMS, they'd rather see ppl die. Sad indeed. Originally Posted by eyecu2
Maybe you should do the research and find out what else was in the bill. I guarantee you that there was something egregious there. After all, it was democrats who wrote it.

Let's talk truth now.

The Diabetes portion of the "Down with Inflation" bill was removed by the Parliamentarian and not the GOP. It was brought back as a part of a smaller bill but it could not pass the 60 vote threshold even though some republicans voted for it. Even some democrats recorded some misgivings about the bill. Of course, one truth teller spoke up about do we want to pass this bill or just have a talking point. Schumer says that he will try again. Maybe he will strip it down first. Still, having a government cap on prices didn't work in the 70s under Carter and it won't work now. The result? If the drug companies can't make a profit on a drug, why make it in the first place. Then you get shortages and rationing.
  • Tiny
  • 08-09-2022, 05:47 PM
Maybe you should do the research and find out what else was in the bill. I guarantee you that there was something egregious there. After all, it was democrats who wrote it. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
This is the oldest trick in the book, and practiced by Democrats more than Republicans. Take an issue like the insulin that really needs solving. Then insert it into a 750 page, pork laden piece of legislation. When the cold hearted Republicans don't vote for it then say they've been bought off by the insulin manufacturers.

I wouldn't be surprised if Democrats are holding back legislation to solve this problem so they can use it against Republicans in the mid terms.
  • Tiny
  • 08-09-2022, 05:49 PM
As Rick Scott said on Sunday, he disagrees with capping medical and medicine costs because it makes it harder for pharmaceutical companies to make money they need to make other drugs. Originally Posted by 1blackman1
It looks like Rick Scott is trying to do something about this:

https://twitter.com/SenRickScott/sta...07921413005312

Why won't Democrats vote on this issue in a standalone bill?
Since this is a thread about member's personal health issues, I expect the OP to get a sanction for every response. He violated the rules, don't you know.
What else was in the bill?

Was it just so fat people can eat pizza or was it something else.

I am going to give you 500 in cash
Wash your dishes for you
and i am allowed to fuck your wife in the ass while gagging on her panties

Sign that bill or no?
Research is not a dirty word. The insulin cap was part of the Inflation Reduction Bill with it's $400 billion of "green" spending. The parliamentarian took it out as it was not part of any anti inflation bill.