Weeding the garden

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...ijuana-reform/

I'm pretty sure that some right wing extremists here will object, even though Staff Edit - Biomed1 because...it's the thing to do. On the bright side, it could free up cells for the violent that need to be jailed (mainly if governors follow suit which many won't) thereby saving taxpayers from having to pay for new jails. That, and enabling some of the younger generation to avoid disqualification for some good jobs because of their record. Good for them, and good for us on social security.

Hopefully not deemed a forbidden topic since it's in the news.
As I often said during my campaign for President, no one should be in jail just for using or possessing m*******a. Sending people to prison for possessing m*******a has upended too many lives and incarcerated people for conduct that many states no longer prohibit. Criminal records for m******a possession have also imposed needless barriers to employment, housing, and educational opportunities. And while white and Black and brown people use m*******a at similar rates, Black and brown people have been arrested, prosecuted, and convicted at disproportionate rates.
I formally request the adminitards and modtars weigh in. Is there a conflict or a "glitch in the Matrix?

Can't accumulate points so soon.

I'm pretty sure that some right wing extremists here will object, even though Staff Edit - Biomed1 because...it's the thing to do. On the bright side, it could free up cells for the violent that need to be jailed (mainly if governors follow suit which many won't) thereby saving taxpayers from having to pay for new jails. That, and enabling some of the younger generation to avoid disqualification for some good jobs because of their record. Good for them, and good for us on social security.

Hopefully not deemed a forbidden topic since it's in the news. Originally Posted by reddog1951
Not just the news. But the Whitehouse, no less.
In defense, my post didn't include ant "bleeped" words...but they are in national news content.
The issue at hand is a subject of many initiatives. Not just the recreational use of the plant, but also other natural substances.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ajherri...s-in-november/

Still waiting for those in power here to advise and consent to discussing. I really can't start accumulating points again so soon after my return from "vacation."

I have a dead thread in the Main Sandbox on this subject. But not about decriminalization. Just experimentation. Sir.

Scientific exploration.

Hopefully not deemed a forbidden topic since it's in the news.

Hopefully not deemed a forbidden topic since it's in the news. Originally Posted by reddog1951

I was wondering the same thing, where the line will be drawn on this subject and of course you make the salient point, this is politics, this is about law not encouragement and about having the freedom to make our own decisions on AGAIN, whether this is good law or not.

But this is what I find so funny and so sad about this. It was back in March of 2021, when Jen Psaki told us that 5 White House staffers in the new Biden administration would be fired for illegal drug use.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nichola...h=3cb0fd0442db

5 White House Staffers Fired Over Drug Use, Psaki Confirms

And now Joe Biden is proclaiming that all such users shall be forgiven for not doing what Joe Biden has told them they should not do, may not do under penalty of law, all these years, but now they can.

Is it fair to ask "what changed"? Would it be a fair question to ask if this is anything other than a political stunt coming at this time a month before election? Relieving their student loans not working politically enough as you had hoped?

And the really, really unbelievable but true, the sitting Vice President of the United States, prosecuted men and women, put some in jail and possibly destroyed lives and families for something that in these short few years, is to be "pardoned"? We now have government approval "on this", from the most powerful man in our government. Of course what Biden did only applied to federal cases but he is encouraging Governor's, Mayor's, hell, all elected officials in every State to adapt to this new edict, sorry, request.

Amazing.
I have requested rulings on this newsworthy, mainstream American topics numerous times.

Now that the White House is acting to bring this country’s outdated laws into focus and in line with a long time national, referendum-driven trend perhaps we can discuss this topic,

Maybe not.

But let’s keep talking pussy.
Of Guideline # 14
#14 - There is no place in our forums for the general discussion or speculation of illicit drug use. This is to be considered a forbidden topic and mention of it will be removed.
Noted. Still have to walk the line. Do not cross the plane like last night. Damn shame. In both cases.