Brittany Griner Headed For The GULAG

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/britt...re-whereabouts

I guess the Ruskies are serious.

What the US needs to do is double down on their insistence that she is political pawn being held illegally.

It is really working.
What has happened to Griner is a travesty and tragedy. Relatives of mine faced similar persecution during WW-II and the Cold War.

With that said: I would think that Griner now has a different view of how good she had it in the USA.
A lesbian being sent to a penal colony
Griner's sentence is extremely harsh by US standards but not by Russian standards. in the US she wouldn't even get jail time at all for a first time simple possession. she'd get a fine at the worst, probably get it dismissed with some sort of attendance in a program about substance abuse.

that said, Griner knew or should have known the laws in Russia and took the stuff with her anyway. i don't believe it was planted as some suggested or she "forgot" it was in her luggage. she knew and took the risk.

i don't think Griner will do 9 years or even close to that. a deal will be cut and an exchange made. it will probably include Paul Whelan for this "merchant of death" russkie dude we have in prison. possibly someone else too if Russia insists on a one for one type deal.
Griner's sentence is extremely harsh by US standards but not by Russian standards. in the US she wouldn't even get jail time at all for a first time simple possession. she'd get a fine at the worst, probably get it dismissed with some sort of attendance in a program about substance abuse.

that said, Griner knew or should have known the laws in Russia and took the stuff with her anyway. i don't believe it was planted as some suggested or she "forgot" it was in her luggage. she knew and took the risk.

i don't think Griner will do 9 years or even close to that. a deal will be cut and an exchange made. it will probably include Paul Whelan for this "merchant of death" russkie dude we have in prison. possibly someone else too if Russia insists on a one for one type deal. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
I am beginning to have my doubts about a swap.

Being sent to a penal camp is not a good sign.
I am beginning to have my doubts about a swap.

Being sent to a penal camp is not a good sign. Originally Posted by Jackie S

maybe, Russia has jails/prisons. i recall that for anything other than short sentences which are rare in Russia they send you off to gulags for long term sentences. as bad as gulags are reported to be, i hear the prisons are worse.
Hope "she" rots
Oh well, she didn’t like her country anyways but now she wants their help now she’s suffering in the Soviet union. She didn’t realize how good she had it in America. Peace out Britney.

It’s idiomatic to bring something back like that from especially from Russia anyway
Yeah, but how about that new prison basketball team! Winner!!!!
^^^^Lol
I was being facetious when I said in the thread title that she was being sent. To the “GULAG”.

It might be more true than I imagined.

https://people.com/sports/brittney-g...ussian-prison/
From surf-n-turf at Durant’s to week old borscht in a couple months, because she thought she was above the law. What a dumbass.
Considering how much Biden has failed Griner who is a "woke" ally, think about how Trump would have done to get her back?