Bump Stock Ban Blocked

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/0...tocks-00076867

Qué interesante Originally Posted by HDGristle
if you start typing in Korean, im going to be disappointed in you

do bad there isnt a bump stock for my pecker, now that would be a rapid fire mechanism I all for..........

ban it, no good use

if you start typing in Korean, im going to be disappointed in you

do bad there isnt a bump stock for my pecker, now that would be a rapid fire mechanism I all for..........

ban it, no good use Originally Posted by chizzy

who cares? bump stocks are crap. no good marksman would even bother with them. the banning of such devices is so minimal as to be exactly what you'd expect, a knee jerkoff reaction that means nothing. it's not even a proven fact that the Las Vegas shooter even used them and if he did it's because he's a fucking terrible shot. it's a crutch for shitty shooters almost never used in actual crimes. bump stocks are for people who can't actually rapid fire a semi-auto to act like "Rambo".

i was in the Navy but as a petty officer in a high security area i was weapons qualified by the USMC on the M1911 and M-16. only a dork shit shooter would use a bump stock. no one with any real skill and training would even own one.
who cares? bump stocks are crap. no good marksman would even bother with them. the banning of such devices is so minimal as to be exactly what you'd expect, a knee jerkoff reaction that means nothing. it's not even a proven fact that the Las Vegas shooter even used them and if he did it's because he's a fucking terrible shot. it's a crutch for shitty shooters almost never used in actual crimes. bump stocks are for people who can't actually rapid fire a semi-auto to act like "Rambo".

i was in the Navy but as a petty officer in a high security area i was weapons qualified by the USMC on the M1911 and M-16. only a dork shit shooter would use a bump stock. no one with any real skill and training would even own one. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Exactly, bump stocks are useless in a way. I have several ar’s I can shoot them as fast as needed.
Taking on bump stocks is something just to mess with all gun people when most don’t give a flip about them.
You can bump fire without a special stock, and banning them is just a feel good measure. The number of crimes committed using a ‘bump stock’, or any other rifle for that matter, is nearly nonexistent. More people are killed with fists. If you wanna go full commie, you’ve gotta ban handguns.
I use Ar’s for fun. Again, I feel anyone bringing up bump stocks which very few people have and give a flip about is wanting to stir the pot, simple as that.

I use a 357 revolver for conceal carry. A 22 revolver in nightstand and a 12 gauge sawed off pump in corner of bedroom.
I have a sig 40 semi just for fun. I don’t care for semi revolvers for defense because I can have issues pulling them back sometimes and I don’t like carrying one with a round in the chamber, cocked.
For me a revolver, you just pull it out and pull the trigger. May I add, I’ve never pulled a gun on anyone.

I had a friend I worked and rode with 40 years ago or so. He was in a bar one night got into a argument with someone shot the guy and got 25 years. I have no idea how long he spent.
Point being, if your shoot someone you better be sure it was hard self defense not just a simple shoving match.
You just pull it out and pull the trigger with an automatic too, assuming there’s one in the chamber. Revolvers are nice for girls who don’t train to clear a stovepipe etc, but I prefer a mag fed carry weapon with double or triple the rounds.
TWC, I don't. I find the legal justifications and reversal interesting.

Yet this topic generated a reasonably civil conversation from enthusiasts who don't care about bump stocks.

As for chizzy, if you have her riled up enough to push back into it you don't need a bump stock, just one real trigger pull.
  • Devo
  • 01-07-2023, 12:43 PM
Bluntly, it doesn't matter one bit what your opinion is on a bump stock, its the matter that its a governmental over reach done by an agency with no power to make a law, doing just that.

I am an FFL and a manufacturer, IE, I can sell and make firearms including machine guns, which can not be sold to the general public, because that laws were changed preventing the sale of new machine guns to normal citizens, and, that has created a closed market for the relatively few "Pre ban" machine guns that can be sold amongst primarily collectors.

What it has done, is effectively prevent most people from owning one because the cost is prohibitive, generally running about 10 or 11K right now for a "MAC" series of 9mm or 45 submachine guns.

Classics like a Thompson, over 40K usually, an M16 about 20K, and, its mainly a investment purchase, as, I paid 2K for a M11-9 and suppressor years ago, and it now in that 11K category.

So, the only way for most folks to fire a MG is to rent one, or, use something that mimics the way a MG fires, as does a bump stock.

And, a bump stock will not work unless you use two hands, unlike a real machine gun, which, I can hold in one hand, pull the trigger and fire until the magazine is empty, a bump stock MUST have a forward hand on the grip, to allow the rifle to move back and forth between both hands.

I have used a BS, its not a natural movement to use one, and it takes practice and usually works best with low recoil rifles, as with any type of automatic weapon, physics take over and the gun rises so fast its unusable, and off target.

Having the abililty to make an M16 and a few other types, I can attest to the limited use for, and actual tactical necessity to have a FA weapon, and, even though I could easily have one as a primary go to weapon, I choose instead to use an AR with a binary trigger, as its far more accurate, and turns one pull of the trigger into two.

A 30 round magazine becomes 15 dual shots, as I once heard in the movie "Sword of Gideon" which was about the Israelis taking revenge on the killers of their olympic athletes, "Anything worth shooting once, is worth shooting twice."

So, the use of a bump stock, in anger, would probably result in LESS deaths as you just can't accurately fire with one.

Negating both the need for the law, and, just removing a civil right from a few million americans without good reasons, again, done without the congress passing a law as it should have.

We have a term for gun owners like you guys in this thread, and the term is "FUDD" as in Elmer Fudd, you take your rights for granted, until something gun related comes along, such as the ban on high cap mags that occurred during the failed "Assault weapons ban" and let the REAL gun owner fight the legal battles that occurr when laws are passed and restrict every gun owners rights.

"It's not MY gun" so it doesn't matter, it's not my revolver or shotgun being seized, so it doesn't matter".

Yeah, take a look at fucking Canada, where every few years a new law passes restricting more guns, and now, no more handguns can be sold new, to the public, just as machine guns were regulated here, and, they are wanting to confiscate tons of now legal hunting rifles and shotguns, and not AR15s or AKs, those are already relegated to few specially qualified and permitted owners, but, the shotguns and rifle even the Inuit use, and even they are pissed.

The vast majority of provinces are refusing to enforce the laws, but even the FUDDS are going to take a hit this time, because their handguns aren't going to be able to passed down to their kids, no new transfers are allowed, this will just create a new class of criminals as many will never follow the law.

• Devo
  • 01-07-2023, 01:03 PM

i was in the Navy but as a petty officer in a high security area i was weapons qualified by the USMC on the M1911 and M-16. only a dork shit shooter would use a bump stock. no one with any real skill and training would even own one. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
So, if you are shitty public speaker, its ok to ban you from speaking?

Where does the 2nd Amendment limit shooting for fun and only for accuracy?

Are you sure you actually believe in the American flag you have in your avatar?

Because you sure sound more like Chuck Shumer on guns that most gun owners I know.

Why do you give two fucks what anybody does with their guns, and why aren't you championing fighting against the usurpation of all of our rights?

Your statement is the true embodyment of "FUDDISM", Rambo, really?

As I stated, most folks will never get the chance to shoot a Machinegun, as you did, with a rifle and ammunition that WE the gun owning public paid for, in part with a 10 percent excise tax on every gun and cartridge sold in the USA, so, why are you so dedicated to removing their access to a device which only mimics it?

WE, don't NEED gun owners like YOU, you do nothing but justify the PROPAGANDA the left uses to try and take more of our rights, just about after any shooting that occurs today.

I'm sure as a veteran you are familiar with the KA BAR knife?

Well, its appearing one was used to kill the four kids in Idaho, as, the killer left the sheath there.

Now, its a MILITARY STYLE assault knife, capable of killing en masse when used against innocent churren in their sleep, so, by your logic, should military style assault knives be banned for the general public to buy and use?

Because its the same failed argument AGAIN, and a ban would be useless, because there are plenty of of other "Non Assault" knives out there, corrrect?

Yeah, well look at the UK, because that's exactly what has been done there, the banning of certain knives and limitation on who can buy them?

Sound familiar?

I just don't understand how a gun owner could be so clueless NOT to take the gun rights of everyone more seriously than they do.

Younze all should be ashamed of your statements deriding the users and purchasers of bump stocks, you don't even see the the real picture even as it punches you in the face, and you don't even appreciate all the people PAYING for you to keep the rights you have, or to get them back.

SHAME ON ALL OF YOU.............
I thought they clarified that it wasn't a Ka-Bar after several days of demonizing one of my favorite blades.

It was instead, and this is a technical term " a Rambo-style survival knife" with the serrations... whatever the fuck that means since he used a different piece of shit mall ninja knife in every movie but never the Ka-Mark 2.

I bought another 1211, a Single Mark and a Red Spacer just to show my support for a good knife and a great American product made right up in Olean, NY.

Edit:
I was wrong. It's been confirmed that the sheath was for a Ka-Bar and that the police contacted the manufacturer to confirm it as one of theirs (lot of knockoffs, or alternate manufacturers making Mk 2 style knives) and see if they could help track him down.

Guess I need to buy a few more.
  • Devo
  • 01-07-2023, 02:05 PM
I thought they clarified that it wasn't a Ka-Bar after several days of demonizing one of my favorite blades.

It was instead, and this is a technical term " a Rambo-style survival knife" with the serrations... whatever the fuck that means since he used a different piece of shit mall ninja knife in every movie but never the Ka-Mark 2.

I bought another 1211, a Single Mark and a Red Spacer just to show my support for a good knife and a great American product made right up in Olean, NY.

Edit:
I was wrong. It's been confirmed that the sheath was for a Ka-Bar and that the police contacted the manufacturer to confirm it as one of theirs (lot of knockoffs, or alternate manufacturers making Mk 2 style knives) and see if they could help track him down.

Guess I need to buy a few more. Originally Posted by HDGristle
Real "Assault" knives are now legal in PA as of 1/2/23, switchblades that is.

But it is amazing how many places knives like a KA BAR are actually illegal to carry in this country.

I never understood knife laws when you could have a legal AK pistol under your coat instead.

I have a rare "Pre ban" AR pistol, rare as in very few manufacturers made them prior to 1994 when they were banned, and I outfitted it with a 120 round drum and carried it under my duster, to make the point that you can't have a loaded AR rifle in your vehicle, but a 120 round pistol?

That's legal.

ADUH.......

And, You may want to look at the knives the Navy Seals use, the MK3 an improved version of a KA Bar, they aren't cheap, but they are a very nice product, I have one, and prefer the more modern plastic grips and sheath.
I would, but the Mk 2 holds a special place in my heart, even with the rat tail tang and 1095.

Ka-Bar, ESEE and Ontario make the knives I like the most.

I also have Beckers for every occasion
  • Devo
  • 01-07-2023, 02:10 PM

Yes, its a very interesting decision, though, not unexpected after the EPA ruling in the last SCOTUS session, which bars agencies from making "Determinations, or Rulings" which create law, where none exists.

This will not the be the last gun law to fall based on that case, as, well as their decision last term regarding the right to carry outside your home, almost every new gun law is going to fall under those two new laws as challengable, as, many have already been ruled unconstitutional in the short time since they have been in place, as was the bump stock ban.

I'll say it again, Trumps lasting legacy will be the members of the SCOTUS he put in place, and, it will be a pain in the ass to the left for decades.
So, if you are shitty public speaker, its ok to ban you from speaking?

Where does the 2nd Amendment limit shooting for fun and only for accuracy?

Are you sure you actually believe in the American flag you have in your avatar?

Because you sure sound more like Chuck Shumer on guns that most gun owners I know.

Why do you give two fucks what anybody does with their guns, and why aren't you championing fighting against the usurpation of all of our rights?

Your statement is the true embodyment of "FUDDISM", Rambo, really?

As I stated, most folks will never get the chance to shoot a Machinegun, as you did, with a rifle and ammunition that WE the gun owning public paid for, in part with a 10 percent excise tax on every gun and cartridge sold in the USA, so, why are you so dedicated to removing their access to a device which only mimics it?

WE, don't NEED gun owners like YOU, you do nothing but justify the PROPAGANDA the left uses to try and take more of our rights, just about after any shooting that occurs today.

I'm sure as a veteran you are familiar with the KA BAR knife?

Well, its appearing one was used to kill the four kids in Idaho, as, the killer left the sheath there.

Now, its a MILITARY STYLE assault knife, capable of killing en masse when used against innocent churren in their sleep, so, by your logic, should military style assault knives be banned for the general public to buy and use?

Because its the same failed argument AGAIN, and a ban would be useless, because there are plenty of of other "Non Assault" knives out there, corrrect?

Yeah, well look at the UK, because that's exactly what has been done there, the banning of certain knives and limitation on who can buy them?

Sound familiar?

I just don't understand how a gun owner could be so clueless NOT to take the gun rights of everyone more seriously than they do.

Younze all should be ashamed of your statements deriding the users and purchasers of bump stocks, you don't even see the the real picture even as it punches you in the face, and you don't even appreciate all the people PAYING for you to keep the rights you have, or to get them back.

SHAME ON ALL OF YOU............. Originally Posted by Devo

i think you are taking my somewhat flippant post about banning bump stocks to mean i don't support the 2nd amendment which i do and that i don't see the "slippery slope" that such bans can lead to. i do.

my point was that bump stocks are not widely used and thus aren't a big impact on gun owners. we both agree they aren't very useful and you can be far more accurate with a similar rate of fire without them.

i agree with the court's reasoning to strike down the ban. i also know of what is going on in Canada under that jack booted dickhead dictator Trudeau and agree it should be a concern for the US even with a 2nd amendment.