It's possibly not racist Mayor Eric Adams, but it danged sure ain't brilliant either

“How do we have a large body of people that are in our city, our country, that are excellent swimmers and at the same time we need lifeguards — and the only obstacle is that we won’t give them the right to work to become a lifeguard,” the mayor said. “That just doesn’t make sense.”
But I would not bet any of my own money on it, notwithstanding that most are likely Christian as well. Amirite?

Sort of begs a few questions:
- Is swimming even a big thing in the frozen winters of NYC? It's 12 degrees outside and snowing. Anyone want to go swimming?

- Anyone done the math on the impact to property tax revenues yet?

- I wonder what the ratio of illegal immigrants pouring in is, compared to the number of actual Americans pouring out of NYC these days?
SNICK
But I would not bet any of my own money on it, notwithstanding that most are likely Christian as well. Amirite?

- Is swimming even a big thing in the frozen winters of NYC? It's 12 degrees outside and snowing. Anyone want to go swimming?

- I wonder what the ratio of illegal immigrants pouring in is, compared to the number of actual Americans pouring out of NYC these days? Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
That is pretty funny. What makes Eric Adams think that an immigrant Lifeguard would actually save anybody, lol. The guys a total dumbass.
  • Tiny
  • 05-15-2024, 11:36 AM

- I wonder what the ratio of illegal immigrants pouring in is, compared to the number of actual Americans pouring out of NYC these days? Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
Was Adams referring specifically to illegal immigrants? If not, I think both you and I would agree with him:

https://reason.com/category/policy/o...nal-licensing/

And if he was, what's the alternative under current law and current federal government practice while the immigrants wait for their refugee hearings and the like? Have them live off the dole?

The best solution is to speed up the hearings, so the vast majority of illegal immigrants who don't qualify as refugees leave before they've established roots. We need to send judges like New York City's Kangaroo Engoron to the border, to dispense "Law South of the Red River". Like Judge Roy Bean. I'd rather see Engoron doing that instead of levying ridiculous fines on businesses to line the pockets of New Yorkers. That's assuming he adjudicates in accordance with the law:

Under United States law, a refugee is someone who: Is located outside of the United States. Is of special humanitarian concern to the United States. Demonstrates that they were persecuted or fear persecution due to race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group.
Was Adams referring specifically to illegal immigrants?... Originally Posted by Tiny
Yup. Not sure if he called them ilegalls fleeing climate change or not. But if they are, then we don't have it here.
Adams was using deductive reasoning.

Since the vast majority of the people he was referring to swam across a rather robust river to get into the United States, they are obviously good swimmers.

Without actually saying it, his latent racism bled through……..”let’s put these wetbacks to work”.
Adams was using deductive reasoning.

Since the vast majority of the people he was referring to swam across a rather robust river to get into the United States, they are obviously good swimmers.

Without actually saying it, his latent racism bled through……..”let’s put these wetbacks to work”. Originally Posted by Jackie S

We should put them to work alright. Make them build that dam wall and then deport them.
This entire thread appears slightly racist to me.
[/COLOR]
We should put them to work alright. Make them build that dam wall and then deport them. Originally Posted by Levianon17
Will work for Visa (green card).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc2--3YzhY0?si=er6-YPaQup2BsoZJ

This entire thread appears slightly racist to me. Originally Posted by txdot-guy

I'm with Tiny. There is no way to know who "they" are that are not given the right to work. Unless the OP is racist, it's only what you see.

That's what you get.

Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
People that have a membership to LA Fitness can go swimming in the winter. The facility has an indoor pool and it's heated. There is an LA Fitness franchise is just about every state in the USA.
...I'm with Tiny. There is no way to know who "they" are that are not given the right to work. Unless the OP is racist, it's only what you see... Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
Maybe you could provide us with some of the headlines where illegals are entering the US through NJ or Maryland or Georgia or South Carolina in droves. Oh snap! Never mind. That would mean they are great, long distance, swimmers.
This entire thread appears slightly racist to me. Originally Posted by txdot-guy
Yeah, not much to discuss here without crossing a line and some fools will.
You do realize it was Eric Adams the Mayor of NYC that said it, hence the quote marks and such.
...There is no way to know who "they" are that are not given the right to work.... Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
According to the Mayor of NYC, they are here illegally and are great swimmers. That's pretty much all he said at the time. To me, that sounds extremely racist and stereotyping and a few other things. But ya know, NYC voted for it, so I guess the whole of NYC is racist by your measure. So your saying it is, pretty much confirms that he is. But in my book, I think he's just a moron who doesn't know any better and does't have the sense to give a hoot.
Yeah, not much to discuss here without crossing a line and some fools will. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
According to the Mayor of NYC, they are here illegally and are great swimmers. That's pretty much all he said at the time. To me, that sounds extremely racist and stereotyping and a few other things. But ya know, NYC voted for it, so I guess the whole of NYC is racist by your measure. So your saying it is, pretty much confirms that he is. But in my book, I think he's just a moron who doesn't know any better and does't have the sense to give a hoot. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
And what does that make someone who starts a thread about it?