Question for the boys

ok here a question for the guys I post on cl and backpage not a big deal to me cause I travel alot killeen ,austin ,Midland etc but if I have a ad up from a few days ago up. Why would a gent call it thinking I might be in town. There several lovely girls posting a day so why not call one posting for that day. humm
I'll speculate a little.....Maybe the guys think you're still in the area for a few days. They may not check bp/cl daily, so when they do, they hope you're still around. But then, I don't know exactly what those ads say.

Some of the other "lovely ladies" are scams, BnS, bots, etc.

Then again, maybe the guys (don't) can't read when they are horny. lol
or, if as you say, yours as a couple days after the fact, and therefore not in the "current day" menu, it's not unusual for guys (at least I do when I peruse) to look at the past 2 or 3 days. Sometimes the daily menu looks either a. a bunch of scams, or b. nobody to my liking. There's gems to be found going back a few days.

This is true of general classified ad search approaches. cars. items. jobs. and even ladies. heh.
  • Mokoa
  • 04-22-2010, 11:39 PM
Backpage is notorious for recycling ads. Sometimes they remain on there for weeks and even months. In my experience it is the thing that attracts the most complaints.
humm iam under u again
Just a random thought.... Why not just put your availability dates in the ad?
Just a random thought.... Why not just put your availability dates in the ad? Originally Posted by Jay Walker
Excellent random thought.

Ads that have availability times / dates, general location & links to legit sites (eccie, p411) are informative & also help separate the scammers from the adorables.
well alot of gent dont know craigslist charge $10 bucks to put a ad up but it has to meet guidelines so it hard to put alot of info up cause they wont approve it so I make it very generic. Plus $5 bucks to repost everyday
Back page I can put just about anything up there but I can try that with my ads
the real reason:

he thinks you are hot and he is hoping.......
  • Mokoa
  • 04-23-2010, 07:03 PM
humm iam under u again Originally Posted by Jennatexas23
You are welcome there anytime.
I agree with Jenna about cl. They make it virtually impossible to get ads approved.

They do not allow you to post your website or mention that you have reviews. You can only place a NEW ad every 72 hours. However you can renew your existing ad as many times as you want. This is why you see the same ads over and over again. If you want a NEW ad you cannot have ANY live ads up for 72 hours before they even let you attempt to place a new ad. 72 hours is a long time to wait with no live cl ad.

You surely cannot post a link to eccie or p411 in a cl ad. They don't allow any links to any website. They do not even let you mention the word "website".

They do not allow any form of nudity in pics nor can you say things like: "Discreet"
"Private"
"Nude"
"Full Service"
"Happy Times"

I have been trying to get a new ad approved for over a week with no luck.
They even have a 1-800 customer service line but they tell me they cannot help me with adult ads. Customer service is only for cars, homes, pets, etc.

A lot of men do not realize what how difficult it is to place an ad on cl. The ads are very vague and tend to look generic. We are not doing this on purpose....it's just impossible to get your point across in a cl ad.

I would be lost without eccie.
Hey Jennatexas23,

Just a few other random ideas because it is an interesting question.

The Top Ten Reasons a Guy Calls You After the Ad is Several Days Old.

10. He knows some girls do this in addition to real world jobs and have sporadic availability. Hence, the reader is not sure of a particular girl's hours or "play" dates (Ir also has to do with reading comprehension addressed below.).

9. Some providers cancel scheduled out of town trips due to their own emergency reasons, a lack of interest, ellie activity and so on.

8. The search refinements on those sites as well as here on Eccie are now sophisticated enough to pull up certain criteria that the hobbyist might want to use to select a provider. Things such as hair color, weight, measurements, fetishes, activities and various other terms can be now be searched in a more finite manner and when the criteria is narrowed in that way, the results are often fewer in number and therefore pull up ads from days or even weeks before.

7. As one poster indicated before, the guy is looking for someone that strikes his fancy and you may have all the things he looks for in a provider and he is hoping your home base is in his city or that he'll catch you in between travel stops.

6. The lottery money from his winning Scratch Off ticket is burning a hole in his pocket and he already has your number in his "hobby phone" from a previous search.

5. Men are from Mars - Women are from Venus?

4. More likely - Men are visual creatures - your pics may simply cause him to quit comprehending "data" while he SCANS your ad and doesn't fully absorb it. (It's like when a guy subscribes to Playboy or Hustler and tells his GF he did it for the excellent "articles" he loves to read in each issue.

3. Somewhat more likely - there is not enough blood supply to allow both male heads to function at peak efficiency simultaneously.

2. The ad not only gets prettier but downright irresistible at closing time.

And the number one reason he calls you after seeing an older ad:

1. His favorite song is an oldie - "You Are My Special Angel" --- "sent from up above".

Link to the old Rock & Roll (or Rock-a-Billy slow dance song):

http://wwwDOTyoutubeDOTcom/watch?v=tVBwWi-A5OE - copy, paste in browser address bar and change the two words "DOT" to periods.

Dealing with different people and their ideosynchrasies never gets boring, does it? WALDT
Jenna, here's another thought based on my m.o.: When I know that I will be ready for a date soon, I like to do my research for a few days (bp, eccie, cl) before making a decision. That means there might have been an ad I saw a couple of days ago that I finally decide to act on, but I also realize chances of connecting diminish as time goes on. I still try though...

I second the idea of an "expiration date" on your posts, something simple and clear like: Travelling, in town Tues 28th & Wed 29th ONLY.