Movie review-Dark Shadows

As promised I went to see the remake of the 1960s classic and they shouldn't have bothered. I had to work very hard to stay awake for the cameos of the original stars. It only lasted about 3 sec and they didn't even get a line. Lara Parker is still beautiful at 73. Maybe she really is a witch. Helena Bonham Cater looked fantastic and about as plastic as Johnny Depp (do you think he will ever get rid of his boys name and go with John). The only thing that I enjoyed in this movie was the reproduction of a 1970s small town. The cars, the music, the businesses, the clothes were pretty good. They reminded me of the town that I hung around then minus the ocean. Yesterday I said if you could afford $5 and 2 hours then enjoy. Save your money for a latte and your two hours for a good book or your favorite provider.
I am not going to see it because they made it into a silly comedy. The Dark Shadows I watched as a kid was a soap opera like show for daytime tv (in black and white) later on in color.. that was moody and stormy and scary all at once. It was a very intense type of drama/action day time tv show that was ahead of its time.

This would have been better if they had made this a more serious drama/action type movie.

I am kinda tired of seeing Johnny Depp with all the weird makeup and in all these off the wall psychedelic shows/movies. Its just getting old.
As promised I went to see the remake of the 1960s classic and they shouldn't have bothered. I had to work very hard to stay awake for the cameos of the original stars. It only lasted about 3 sec and they didn't even get a line. Lara Parker is still beautiful at 73. Maybe she really is a witch. Helena Bonham Cater looked fantastic and about as plastic as Johnny Depp (do you think he will ever get rid of his boys name and go with John). The only thing that I enjoyed in this movie was the reproduction of a 1970s small town. The cars, the music, the businesses, the clothes were pretty good. They reminded me of the town that I hung around then minus the ocean. Yesterday I said if you could afford $5 and 2 hours then enjoy. Save your money for a latte and your two hours for a good book or your favorite provider.
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Yeah. The critics said the movie 'sucked'.
  • WTF
  • 05-20-2012, 04:51 PM
You saved me 22 bucks JD. Thanks.

Never thought I'd say that LOL
Only teenage girls love any Tim Burton films past Batman. Trust me.