Golf Clubs

Well I played some golf today because the weather is so beautiful here in port city and I have been water logged for the last 3 days. I think it's time to retire the Pings. Anybody use RAZR X? Worth the money or not?

B
I've got the Razr X forged model with the flighted shafts. They are fantastic. I put my Ping Eye II Blades in the closet.
I am still playing with Callaway X22 with graphite shafts. Thinking of going to Ping next with steel shaft. The yardage seems to drift with the old man shafts but tends to be on the long side. Does anyone have ideas on that. I am in my 60's and hit a 7 iron about 160yds.
I really like the loft on the razr x. Pings are good, but since I kill the ball when I swing, I found that with the Calloway razr, I can bump up on the irons and have way better control. I usually have to resize the shafts since I'm taller.

Might have to go play with the razr's tomorrow and test them out again.

B
Hjones, if you have a fast swing speed, like I do, go with steel. If you need less feel on impact and have a slower swing speed, stay with graphite.
Steel Shaft? Graphite Shaft? Flighted Shafts? Keep your clubs and spend the money on your SHAFT!
Thanks Beezdat. Headkeeper the other shaft is fine, stiff , smooth, ready, experienced, lots of hole in ones, dont get any better. It just needs more $$$ for drilling and exploring.
  • jwood
  • 09-10-2012, 07:49 AM
You should be able to hit the newer pings farther than callaway x-22. I have heard the new I 20 pings are long and easy to hit. If you want some really long irons try the Taylor Made burners 2.0. Their cheap now too.
Thanks Jwood
gone from w/s to all cleveland black woods and all cleveland irons and wedges now. the woods have the lightest and best shafts on the market today.