home paage problems on laptop

I am useing firefox as my browser,I want yahoo as my home page.
I go to tools options type in wwwyahoo.com on homepage,also set privicy and security.
Next time I log in everything has changed I have home page I don't want and the other options have changed(like remembering passwords I don't want it to)
Help please I have never had this on other laptops,once you set options they stayed there.
Probably not a function of the laptop or OS but of the browser instead. Firefox is notorious for their "I don't give a damn what you're doing, we're going to update your version NOW!" policy. When it gets ready to update, it probably will update.
Try clearing all your cache, your histories, and your stored information. Then close the browser. Open back up and check to make sure caches are clean. If they are, then try setting your homepage again. Then close browser again. Reopen. See if homepage is set. If so, it will probably stay this way.

Until firefox decides to update.
click on tools and on the drop down box highlight options and click on it, On the window that pops up make sure the general tab is clicked and for homepage type in yahoo.com and press OK at the bottom. It should update automatically
Tried that it changes until I log in again then it has reverted back to the old home page...
  • Mokoa
  • 09-23-2012, 02:23 PM
Versions of Firefox after Version 12 are not as stable as Version 12 is. So, if you are using Version 13 or above you may want to go back to Version 12

You may download Firefox Version 12 from here...

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla....6/win32/en-US/

Good luck to you.
thanks for the help think it is resolved...
  • Mokoa
  • 09-24-2012, 10:08 PM
Glad to read that!