The dreaded fiscal cliff

Some experts say going off the cliff is the best thing for the country since it will force the Fed to make deep cuts.

Geithner says the Fed is out of borrowing power on Dec 31. Will Republicans give Obama a new credit limit?

Alternative Minimum Tax (for 2012) will reset to 1969 trigger levels catching millions of unsuspecting working Americans with a big shaft up the wazzoo. Imagine someone taking all your annual hobby funds in one swift motion.

I'm curious to see if they agree on a sensible solution, with fair taxation for all, or if they need to be sent home without a job when their terms are up.
Good thread, but beware of the dreaded forum police:

this has absolutely nothing to do with the hobby, so shouldn't it be in the sandbox? Originally Posted by GP
I mentioned loss of hobby funds. AMT means thousands, maybe tens of thousands, to some. It's hobby-critical!

Take my guns but stay away from my hobby funds!
My mistake. You're safe!

I share your concern about the AMT.
Over the cliff, lets go. Fire some D.C. Mother-fuckers and clean up some shit!

Why does the Washington DC area have the highest concentration of wealth in the nation? Lobbyist and political theives and their trickle down parasite bottom-feeding friends. Drive over that cliff and re-build the car, I say. Rebuild it with legal prostitution at a lower price.

With things as they are, if higher tax dollars means you can't hobby, I suppose that's good, since schools are closing and teachers are starving. Too bad we can't make sure the taxes get to the right places.

To qualify my rant, my income is currently so low it isn't a concern. My hobby savings won't make summer whatever happens in DC.
If only the dumbass voters would vote out the incompetent, corrupt, and insane. But no, it does not matter how mentally challenged our elected officials are people still put the same ones back in office. Wouldn't it be sweet at the next election vote out half of the incumbents. I guarantee you the remaining would be watching their every step.
  • GP
  • 12-28-2012, 11:49 AM
Good thread, but beware of the dreaded forum police:
this has absolutely nothing to do with the hobby, so shouldn't it be in the sandbox? Originally Posted by GP
Originally Posted by jackfengshui
This is the sandbox Jack, so what's your beef? I did not realize I was dreaded or the forum police. Or was this just your attempt at taking a pot shot at me? And since you are quoting me, why not quote the entire quote so it is taken in the right context....

And just an FYI, but this has absolutely nothing to do with the hobby, so shouldn't it be in the sandbox?
I had no ill intentions by it, as I said, it was an FYI.

Happy Holidays to you too as well.
This is the sandbox Jack, so what's your beef? Originally Posted by GP
No beef whatsoever. Just some light-hearted needling. I'm sorry if you are offended.

[FYI, ROC originally started this thread in Coed, and it was moved here by the Mods after Post #4.]
  • GP
  • 12-28-2012, 01:31 PM
No beef whatsoever. Just some light-hearted needling. I'm sorry if you are offended. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
Just an FYI... Lighthearted needling is usually conveyed a little better with the use of emoticons or a "LOL". I know I forget them sometimes also.

[It is good to see the mods on the ball]
Just an FYI... Lighthearted needling is usually conveyed a little better with the use of emoticons or a "LOL". I know I forget them sometimes also. Originally Posted by GP
Your admonition is well taken. LOL
please dont let john bonhead drive us off the cliff