RINGO IS 70!!!

Worse than taxes, secession or anything else on this board. Ringo Starr turned 70 yesterday. I suppose it's better than not turning 70, but still, Ringo? 70? How could he have aged that much when I haven't?

Anyway, favorite Beatle songs or memories? So many good ones, but Yesterday was a true stroke of genius. 7 bar phrasing, and sounding so simple. Truly amazing!
"Help!" is my ringtone for clients that need my support. I have 3 copies of "Sgt. Pepper's" on vinyl - including a copy with the album cover on the vinyl - as well as my MP3 copy. "Rubber Soul" and "Revolver" are my favorite albums, although I have all their albums in my MP3 library.

I got caught up in the fever at 4 years old when I listened to my uncle's copy of "Yesterday and Today" on my grandmother's record player and the German version of "I Want to Hold Your Hand" ("Komm gib mir deine Hand") was playing. Still my favorite band from the 60s over the Stones and the Who.
Whisper words of wisdom...Let It Be.
While my guitar genly weeps, the original version was great, Peter Frampton did a remake that was extremely good, great guitar work by Harrison, more of the 70's rock influence in this song.
I had an english teacher in high school who thought he was still a kid (no kidding he still had his VW bus). We spent 2 weeks analyzing SGT Pepper's.

Lovely Rita = Masturbation
Mr. Kite = Marraige Wanna
L-ucy in the S-ky with D-iamonds = well, you get the idea

etc.

He had a 'true meaning' for every song. We actually wrote essays on it. I always think of that when I hear the Beatles.
One of my favorite songs by The Beatles is none other than Kansas City. Sure it is a cover, but color me sentimental. It does seem there are too many great songs by The Beatles to pick one.
  • Bubba
  • 07-08-2010, 12:49 PM
I remember seeing Yellow Submarine.....sort of! LOL!!!

I think Yesterday may be one of my favorites. They had so many great songs it is hard to pick.
  • ampad
  • 07-08-2010, 05:16 PM
While my guitar genly weeps...great guitar work by Harrison, more of the 70's rock influence in this song. Originally Posted by dirty dog
It's Clapton that is tearing it up on the track. His guitar tone on that song is killer!
I remember watching them on the Ed Sullivan show for the first time, eating popcorn(the kind you actully had to pop LOL)
from the White Album "Why Don't We Do It The Road"
Yeah everybody loves the Beatles. No, you don't hear their songs on the radio much anymore. Yes, baby boomers are OLD! OLD! OLD! No, they haven't stuck to their guns. (Name a single one of them that's protesting war and chanting "Give Peace a Chance")

Now groove to this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEu7fcjgWK0
It's Clapton that is tearing it up on the track. His guitar tone on that song is killer! Originally Posted by ampad
Your are absolutely right, brain thought thought one thing, fingers typed another.
When I'm 64
Michelle
Hey Jude
Yellow Submarine

His solo works
Octopusses Garden
You're 16, You're beautiful and you're mine
Don't Come Easy

Congrats Ringo
You're 16, You're beautiful and you're mine Originally Posted by geniusman
I don't know if you can post that in this forum.
"Was she told when she was young that fame would lead to pleasure
Did she understand it when they said that
A man must break his back to earn his day of leisure
Will she still believe it when he's dead?"

and another

"Bang! Bang! Maxwell's silver hammer came down upon his head
Bang! Bang! Maxwell's silver hammer made sure that he was dead"

"Golden showers sting my eyes..."
Oooops. "Golden slumbers fill my eyes"