Fetlife: yay or nay

Nay
I think it depends on what you are looking for. There is a mixture of people there like any site. Some are just bat shit crazy( I know I gained a stalker) and some are just normal people who love the fetish lifestyle. I do not think you should you use it as a tool for work. It should be used to gain and share bdsm information with others. In my opinion.
I call myself using it for some freaky encounters (i like public sex) but its so full of fakes and creepers....and other traits which are not to my liking.
I adore Fetlife it has giving me a lot of insight on how the kinky mind works. I have never used it for hook ups thought.......With FetLife anything goes and your not judged on there for being a perv or wanting to try something new. For ones wanting to explore and learn a different walk of life it is a great tool.......For a booty call try POF.....lol
A screaming waste of time. A lot of provocative come-ons only to find a lot of BDSM hogwash rituals that make the Masonic order seem like an improv group. Protected by, sort of collared by, etc.
whats pof???
whats pof??? Originally Posted by DallasRain
Plenty Of Fish. Free dating site.
Like any site, there are real people, and flakes...have never checked out POF, but FL is nice for very open minded people
as worthless as collarme.com

no one is real.
Fetlife..for kinksters by kinksters.

as worthless as collarme.com

no one is real. Originally Posted by Deviant Bastard
I've always heard that collarme.com is a waste of time. However, there are a lot of people that really like fetlife.

I'm not very active on there. Never have been. Don't know what the future might bring, though.
CM is a joke.... But I know some people that have made lasting relationships there.

FL is not as bad, but its still wonky at best. I have quite a few friends from FL but they are the exception not the rule. I do attend several groups and play parties that I found on FL....

And sometimes I take hobbiests to enlighten them, when the parties come up(monthly) I usually have a request or two to tag along from gents that know me well enough to know what all I'm into(its funny to have the host and a few select others know that its a p4p situation and I'm having an appointment while I'm hanging out with my friends!)

I find the acceptance level with the kink crowd is more than with vanilla folks(as far as the hobby is concerned) and its really refreshing to have minimal judgement from a large group of people.

There are a couple groups on FL pertaining to pros' but of course I don't have the balls to out myself like that- but I have thought about it on more than one occasion!

How many of your guys that belong to those sites are friends with providers or hobbiests? I have to admit I have a couple gents that are my friends on there- but then again its just another carefully drawn partial picture of me.
A fetish to one person is likely a lifestyle to another. I've cruised FetLife and became frustrated with, as noted by another poster, the fakes (some scammers and others trying to get you to click on a sponsored website, etc...). First time I got tied face down on a milking board was thru a similar site. Led to some other explorations too! Still, if you're seeking a particular type of activity it's nice to know that sites like FetLife exist.
Yay, I love fetlife. Collarme is just way too over rated.
Fetlife is ok, Collarme well it's just collarme.