Anonymous E-mail Accounts

Hello to all,

I'm a newbie considering using Hushmail to set up an anonymous e-mail account. Does anybody have any guidelines to follow in choosing a name to sign up under? I noticed Hushmail requires my real full name. Do most hobbyist use their real first name and then make up a bogus last name? Any advice on this will be much appreciated....
Why not use Thrill Seeker as the name...
I had considered using Thrill Seeker as the name... my only concern was whether or not Hushmail would buy that as a legitimate name. I suppose worst case scenario they'll just terminate the account... In that case, I can always re-sign up under a different name. Thanks for the input.
I set up Hushmail with my Eccie Board handle REDLEG505 as the name. They didn't seem to mind at all.
Set up a Gmail account, just give em bs info, but write it down in case you need to to verify it for a password reset or what not..

give a name like Warren Peace as the real name and you should be all set.. then get a burn Android phone and link that account to it and get a Gtalk phone #.. USE ONLY the Gtalk #.

This way you have a disposable ID, on a disposable email with its disposable phone # linked to the disposable phone's number.

in other words.. you can "die" very quickly
Set up a Gmail account, just give em bs info, but write it down in case you need to to verify it for a password reset or what not..

give a name like Warren Peace as the real name and you should be all set.. then get a burn Android phone and link that account to it and get a Gtalk phone #.. USE ONLY the Gtalk #.

This way you have a disposable ID, on a disposable email with its disposable phone # linked to the disposable phone's number.

in other words.. you can "die" very quickly Originally Posted by Spirit13
and the reason to die very quickly would be?? spouse finding out or something else?
and the reason to die very quickly would be? Originally Posted by Lbkbrady
Security breach.
and the reason to die very quickly would be?? spouse finding out or something else? Originally Posted by Lbkbrady

Security breach. Lady is busted, SO finds out, really any of many reasons that could lead to a personal life issue. Better to be quick to dispose of one identity then get stuck with some bad things.
Security breach. Lady is busted, SO finds out, really any of many reasons that could lead to a personal life issue. Better to be quick to dispose of one identity then get stuck with some bad things. Originally Posted by daratu1
Excactly... if any of the above happens, as soon as possible you delete the Gmail/Gtalk account.. the burn phone, you can do one of two ways.. if it has a SIM card you destroy it and get a new SIM, or if it does not have a SIM and its hard coded, you destroy it.. or both.

small price to pay to have the cops chase down a non working non traceable #..

Google will NOT tell them what # the Gtalk was forwarded to with out some SERIOUS legal bs... and even then it will get tossed because GTalk was set up for phone security.
So any android prepay phone at Walmart will do?
Hushmail really doesn't care what name you use. If you buy premium access, you can pay by money order, which doesn't need to include your name either.

I've used Hushmail for years, primarily because they don't put your IP address in the headers of e-mails you send (neither does Gmail, as long as you use it from their web interface - but at the time I signed up for Hushmail, there was no such thing as Gmail...). I believe it's "secure enough" for my purposes - however, don't let the fact that they're based outside the US fool you. If there's some kind of serious issue, Hushmail will (and has in the past) cooperate with US authorities to help them find you, and give them access to your e-mail.

The biggest problem with Hushmail is that some online services (including some hobby-related sites) won't allow you to use a Hushmail address as your e-mail address, due to the potential for abuse that this level of anonymity creates.
So any android prepay phone at Walmart will do? Originally Posted by Lbkbrady
Yup, or any other droid phone from any other store.. Gmail is part of the Droid OS essentially..