Cinderella Man - A Redemption Story

Let me start by 1st saying this... I got played... I got crushed... I got chewed up, spit out and boo'd off stage... I allowed myself to fall for a rookie mistake and cross a thinly veiled line that exists in this Hobby. That said, no names will be revealed here as my purpose for this is not to put anyone on blast but rather share a redemption story. So don't ask me who, what, when, why or how, I will not tell. Period.

Last night, I had to vent.. I had let a recent situation in this Hobby get in my head and it had truly reached a boiling point. What was so frustrating was I felt like I had no one I could talk to about it. To protect my "civilian" life, I didn't feel comforatable spilling all the details to anyone close to me..Besides, unless they were truly in this Hobby they would never fully understand. That all changed when I was reading a review (One I had read many times) written by an established and well respected Hobbiest ... One paragraph in particular grabbed me as I realized that this person had been through the very same thing I was going through. Now this person and I had had minor communications in the past and I found him to be insightful and very helpful. When I would PM him a question, he would always respond when he could have easily just dismissed me as some rookie Hobbiest. I found that he had the utmost "respect for the game" if you will and wanted to share it, especially with those of us so new.. Last night however, I dropped a bomb on him... I unleashed everything I was going through with this situation and left it all out there. I desperately needed his help....

Now two things happened here.... 1) I remembered the power of sitting down and writing my issues out. When I do this, the issues become so much clearer and thus become easier to solve. Doing this had also helped clear my head tremendously. 2) Literally within an hour I had a response in my inbox. I will keep that response confidential but once again this person had crafted and articulated a masterful response. Most importantly, he had handed me the knife to cut this albatross from around my neck..

Last night, I was finally able to sleep peacefully. I was finally able to let go... I awoke this morning to a beautiful sunrise and the promise of a new day. Blaring in my head was Eminem's "Cinderella Man", one of my favorite redemption songs.. To that person, I owe you and am forever grateful.... And to all you other Hobbiests, you are not alone! Respect the gift, have fun and when things get fucked up, there is always someone who has been through the same thing willing to help!!!
Feeding the Beast

That is awesome Bart and thanks for sharing... I'll be keeping that one!!!
IABart, gotta admit, that's good. You come up with that on your own? Good stuff.

Love it Livn!!!!!!!!!
It's what I do, yeah...
Man, I love you guys but I have to say that I just fucking HATE eminem !!! I just hate that shit. And in addition I am VERY partial to "Rush" the best Canadian rock band of all time. Neal Peart had the most awesome lyrics ever; some of which are cut/pasted below from a song of the very same name.

I am very sympathetic to Irish's situation though. Though I know nothing of it. I think it goes without saying that sometimes in the Hobby we will go thru trials and tribulations. I've been there myself. It is not fun and hopefully we come out the other side with our brains intact.

Rush; A Farewell to Kings; Cinderella Man.

I have actually lived my life according to the lyrics of this song:

"Because he was human. Because he had goodness. Because he was moral. They called him insane."

"Eyes wide open. Heart undefended. Innocence untarnished ... "

"Cinderella Man. Hang on to your plans. Try as they might ... they cannot steal your dreams"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Cinderella Man"

A modest man from Mandrake
Travelled rich to the city
He had a need to discover
A use for his newly found wealth

Because he was human
Because he had goodness
Because he was moral
They called him insane
Delusions of grandeur
Visions of splendor
A manic depressive
He walks in the rain

Eyes wide open
Heart undefended
Innocence untarnished...

Cinderella Man
Doing what you can
They can't understand
What it means
Cinderella Man
Hang on to your plans
Try as they might
They cannot steal your dreams

In the betrayal of his love he awakened
To face a world of cold reality
And a look in the eyes of the hungry
Awakened him to what he could do

He held up his riches
To challenge the hungry
Purposeful motion
For one so insane
They tried to fight him
Just couldn't beat him
This manic depressive
Who walks in the rain
Sorry for my music selection Guy! Lol!!! All kidding aside, I appreciate your feedback.. Thanks!
Don't let this hobby get you down. We have ALL learned a few hard lessons. I have actually learned a few of them twice. It is very easy to get wrapped up in the hobby and even some of the ladies personal issues. I have a soft spot for a beautiful lady ( sometimes a hard spot to, but that is a different story) have fun a be safe.
Thanks Fsher.... Like anything in life, there are victories and defeats... Stay humble with the wins and learn from the losses...
You all speak the truth brothers. Many of us find a hobby honey that becomes more than just an hour of relaxation/enjoyment on occasion. I am a slow learner and it has happened twice. The first one was the hardest but survived.

Newbies, don't get in too deep and keep remembering if the $$$ isn't there nearly all of the ladies will be too busy. Man have I become a bit cynical. Oh well, back to my Long Island.