Meeting prior to a session

Those that have been to socials, met someone and then later got together, how do you compare your enjoyment of the sessions v someone you never met before?

Those who did schedule a session after meeting first, do you think it made it less likely for a NS/NC or no effect?

I am wondering also how age might affect this question. If you respond would indiate if you are under 30, 30-50, or over 50?

My response is:
I would most likely have a better time if I had already met the person first. Even if it was for a meal or drink just prior to the session. Experience has shown me this would have a large effect on my comfort and enjoyment of my time with a lady. The more time prior that I have spent with the person, the bigger the impact.
I am over 50

Thanks for your responses and if your wondering why I ask weird questions, I have a masters in Sociology with a BA in Psycology. I find human interaction very interesting.
I am 33.

If there were socials that I had attended..I love them for this very reason. Plus, it's nice to put a face with the handle. You can kind of get an idea if there's going to be any chemistry or not, too.

The guys I have met prior to session have never NCNS me.

The last time I met someone before an appointment, was upon my reentry into provider land. I was nervous about coming back due to weight that I had gained over the course of my retirement. When we finally did get together, I was still nervous as Hell but I was a lot more comfortable with him...and he is now my ATF, so it worked out great!
I met my BFE, at a "function". It is a good ice breaker. Took the awkwardness out of things.
im 24 and ive met a guy before an appt for drinks or dinner first a few times and i must say it makes for a great session
Jules, I'd meet you for drinks and....
I would imagine the NSNC issue would be minimized once the ice is broken at a social, or other non BCD scenario.
  • Lanny
  • 08-01-2010, 09:06 AM
...are you referring to an Ice Cream Social like churchs and civic organizations used to have...?
...Surely you are not referring to some sort of "social disorder"?...as that would be in bad taste...

OK...to answer...OF Course it helps to meet first...if only as an ice breaker...as the ALWAYS Insightful Dannie mentioned, its good to put a name with a Handle...
Also, I personally am all about the mental connection...not talking bout Rocket Science Level conversation per se, but a little verbal flirting seems to really help me get a good grasp of a gals personality and playfulness (or lack of same)...And when you do meet for a session...the 3-5 minutes of sometimes awkward, how long you been on board, who all have you seen, what do you do...etc is pretty much out of the way....

Lanny

***Normally I like to use these lil animated thangs to help illustrate a point or mood, but this one is just kinda cool....
I've had the opportunity to meet a couple of women before going BCD. In one case, it would be five weeks before I would be able to meet the gorgeous creature for whom I bought lunch that day. I went through a lot of Kleenex during that time. And while it may often be the case that the actual meeting doesn't live up to the built-up expectations, in that case it was even better than I had hoped for.

The other time, I met her for lunch beforehand, so there wasn't as much time for the build-up. In fact, when I first saw her at the restaurant, I said to myself, "meh." But after a few minutes of conversation, "meh" became "I can't believe I'm going to be having sex with this woman in an hour."

I don't know whether our initial meeting made BCD better for them. I suspect not. But for me, it sure did; each was the first of many meetings.
I had been chatting with a relatively new provider for a couple of months, and met her for drinks one afternoon. No pressure, just a great conversation for a couple of hours! We then met about a week later, and wow, the anticipation really did something for the visit! I will do this again soon!
I'm well known for wanting to meet for dinner or drinks before any bcd! And I'm not talking about the same day! I look at this as I would in my real life dating world! I want to get to know you, I want know the little things that makes you so unique, and I want to know the things that we may have in common!
I am a BIG fan of meeting first before play. Makes it much easier to go BCD after if you have broken bread or shared a laugh with first. At least a good several chats.

Most everyone in the last several years I have played with I have met before we played.

PPE
Moderating has its benefits.
Meeting Alea and talking BEFORE just going in blind made a world of difference.
Sometimes meeting before the mattress action makes sense and if you know your craft you know who to meet before and who to dive right into without intro.

Hint: If they charge for dinner like they're riding cock, treat them like a cab because that's what they're most akin to.
Meeting in person seems to take the edge factor out of the equation, I like that, I mean lets face it sometimes we click, and sometimes we don't.
I had talked to a provider about meeting for lunch and breaking the ice, she was all for it. I never got it worked out with my unpredictable schedule. So out of the blue one day I call and say lets just meet at incall and get to know eachother. I wish I would have done lunch first. My first time jitters, nervousness, fear, whatever left me in an embarrasing situation. She handled it like a pro and tried very hard to make me feel comfortable. She was a trooper and i walked away with my pride in my throat. Big pill to swallow. LOL. So with all that said I think that the guys like me that are nervous, drinks, dinner, lunch or whatever prior is a great idea.