Syracuse Restaurants

Kind of a foodie and going to be in Syracuse for an overnight in a couple weeks. Since I had no luck with provider recommendations, can anyone suggest a good restaurant. Maybe off the beaten path or a local gem? Something kind of casual with great food would be perfect.
Laci's Tapas Bar. $$
Lemongrass/bistro elephant $$$$
BC $$$$
Empire Brew Pub $$
Look them up online. You might need to go for a slice after Lemongrass.
Yes... Pastabilities too. Good call Steve
Laci's Tapas Bar. $$ Originally Posted by classe300
I love tapas. Laci's menu looks really good.
  • Tiger
  • 08-22-2013, 08:14 PM
DO NOT eat at Pastabilities....
Thanks for all the suggestions, they are looking pretty good.
Empire is a great local place. Almost All locally sourced foods. Perfect casual place and good beer.

Joeys for fine dining near Carrier Circle.

Call Gia for provider.
I haven't been to pastabilities in over a year.. I apologize for the recommendation, I assumed it was still good.

I was here a couple a months ago for dinner. I thought it was good... but who knows.. lol

http://www.francescas-cucina.com/?p=dinner
great thread..i plan on heading to the cuse very soon...and i know ima gonna be hungry
at some point during the trip..itll be nice to get out and try one of those places..
I never had a bad meal at pastabilities. Coppertop has a great selection of beer and is a good lunch stop if you are nearby. Kittyhoynes is the best Irish pub this side of Dublin and often have great live music. If in the mood for some asian, check out Tokyo-Seoul on Erie Blvd.
Solvay: Eva's European Sweets. Polish restaurant with a great selection of Russian, Polish, Ukrainian, and Czech beers.
Westcott St.:
- Munjed's Mideast Cafe. Falafels and all that good stuff.
- Beer Belly Deli. Gourmet takes on classic pub fare. Try the cheese dog with candied bacon.
Downtown:
- The Mission. "Pan-American" cuisine, which as far as I can tell means "Mexican."
- Dinosaur Barbecue.
candied bacon?????omg!!!