iPhone 4 & FaceTime

• S-Man
  • 08-08-2010, 09:11 PM
If you have an iPhone 4, would you utilize FaceTime prior to meeting a new provider/client?
Not sure. I haven't had a chance to review the addressing design yet.

I don't care about the video, I care about the traceability.
  • S-Man
  • 08-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Disposable prepaid SIM cards should provide some anonymity until folks are required to register them.
The new beta of iOS 4.1 is supporting FaceTime through email. Most likely to provide service to the next generation iPod touch scheduled to release next month.

But how that will coordinate with multiple email accouts for the user and other details are still unknown.
Absolutely.. I had my first facetime show with a drunk 20yr old that met a couple weeks ago.

But you have a couple of variables here, first she has to have a iphone 4, has to be in a wifi area(unless her's is jailbroken and can run wifi only apps through 3g)

Since Metro PCS doesnt have a iphone the chances of this happening is slim. Maybe a skype video conference is a bigger possibility.
  • S-Man
  • 08-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Making Skype-to-Skype calls are free, right?

For those flying regularly, I read airlines are currently allowing FaceTime even though VOIP is disabled.
Disposable prepaid SIM cards should provide some anonymity until folks are required to register them. Originally Posted by S-Man
Nope, this won't work with a stock iPhone 4. To activate an iPhone 4 in this country, you must assign it to an AT&T account. Once you do that, it's locked to the AT&T account and won't work with a prepaid SIM. Not only that, the iPhone 4 uses the micro-sim format, which is not supported by all of the prepaid options.

Yes, you can (easily) jailbreak your iPhone 4 and, if you do, you can unlock it AND use Facetime over 3G. However, most people are too lazy or too worried about voiding their warranty to go this route.
Making Skype-to-Skype calls are free, right?

For those flying regularly, I read airlines are currently allowing FaceTime even though VOIP is disabled. Originally Posted by S-Man
Yep, skype-to-skype calls are free, including video calls.

The airlines I've flown on have indeed disabled 'public' VoIP, but if you work for a company that supports a VPN, you can use your company's enterprise VoIP solution inside VPN tunnels just fine. Note: these calls can be monitored at will by your IT department.
Lust4xxxlife how do u jailbreak them?
Lust4xxxlife how do u jailbreak them? Originally Posted by charlie hustle
Go to jailbreakme.com from your iPhone 4 Safari browser. Then just follow the instructions and be patient. You don't have to be technical at all.

At the end of the process, an application called Cydia is added to your iPhone. Everything else looks exactly the same. Cydia provides a directory of apps that run on a jailbroken iPhone. If something goes wrong, or you're unhappy with the result, you can do a system restore from iTunes to take it back to an out of the box state.

Jailbreaking shouldn't affect your personal content. System restore, if you need to use it, will wipe it. Make sure you back up contacts, photos, etc. before trying this.

Here's a very short video showing how simple it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK4ImNgHNq8&feature=fvst

Good luck.