Laughter

How many of you love comedy? No matter if it is on TV or comedian or print. In a conversation with a very nice and gorgeous girl on Tuesday we determined that we like the same comic, yes like some of the better comics was way ahead of his time.

I remember watching the early SNL (mid 70's) and everyone not liking it but I was absorbed with it.

Who is your favorite comic or show or print copy?

Mine are
Bill Hicks - even though he has passed they still have him on Satellite radio.
Mad Magazine - in my childhood
Chevy Chase - SNL
Tommy Savitt
Andy Kaufman
Make me Laugh TV show
Gong Show

I know that most of these show that I am over 50 but we still need to laugh.

My favorite comedians are in no paticular order:

Robin Williams becuase the man is one of the most brilliant comedians of all time he can take anything and make it funny if you have ever seen his interview on Inside the Actors Studio you will see what I mean

my other all time favorite is George Carlin He is one of the most... not sure how to put this but you know how you have a brilliant songwriter you call them a brilliant lyricist that is how I think of George Carlin the way way he writes and the way he speaks and the way he strings his words together is just pure genius while this video is extremely long the first part of it shows just some of his brilliance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpK2mUu271A

Now while there are plenty of other comedians that I really enjoy (i.e. Jeff Dunham, John Pinette, Gabriel Iglesias, Richard Pryor, and many many others) Those two are my absolute all time Favorites.

And one last thing one of my favorite comedic writers is, while there may be some people who disagree with this or some that don't like the guy because of some of the things he has done in his personal life I am strictly talking about his screenplays it has to be Woody Allen!! The Man is one of the best comedic screenwriters of the 20th century only rivaling in my opinion Billy Wilder. And for you young-ins (those of you who know me I know I am only 34 but I am a classic movies buff so I can say that!!)who don't know who that is look it up on IMDB and watch the movie Some like it Hot and you will agree with me.

Of course this all my personal opinion and feel free to disagree with me if you like.

I just saw this and I couldn't stop laughing so I thought I would add it

• Mokoa
  • 09-26-2013, 06:48 PM
Don Rickles
Foster Brooks
George Carlin
Ron White
Robin Williams
Bill Engvall
Bill Cosby (back in his stand up days on HBO)
Hehe bout the left/right pussy lip joke... I love to be silly and make people laugh... Not too many people get to see that side of me though(:
  • Mokoa
  • 09-26-2013, 10:49 PM
Some more favorites of mine...

BILL HICKS by far! My absolute favorite. I have all his live cd's and a cool three part canvas of one of his best quotes.
Don't forget about Sam Kinison!