Interesting Study Results

Don't you just love how interviewing 50 people, with supposed "expert" frames of reference, yields these results?

http://www.sciencecodex.com/good_sex...therapists_say

So ladies and gents, do you really have an "optimum" time for the "in's and out's" portion of doing the deed? (In real life, not the P4P environment where stamina is surely viewed differently by both sexes!)
Good sexual intercourse lasts minutes, not hours, therapists say

Satisfactory sexual intercourse for couples lasts from 3 to 13 minutes, contrary to popular fantasy about the need for hours of sexual activity, according to a survey of U.S. and Canadian sex therapists.
Penn State Erie researchers Eric Corty and Jenay Guardiani conducted a survey of 50 full members of the Society for Sex Therapy and Research, which include psychologists, physicians, social workers, marriage/family therapists and nurses who have collectively seen thousands of patients over several decades.
Thirty-four, or 68 percent, of the group responded and rated a range of time amounts for sexual intercourse, from penetration of the vagina by the penis until ejaculation, that they considered adequate, desirable, too short and too long.
The average therapists’ responses defined the ranges of intercourse activity times: "adequate," from 3-7 minutes; "desirable," from 7-13 minutes; "too short" from 1-2 minutes; and "too long" from 10-30 minutes.
"A man’s or woman’s interpretation of his or her sexual functioning as well as the partner’s relies on personal beliefs developed in part from society’s messages, formal and informal," the researchers said. “"Unfortunately, today’s popular culture has reinforced stereotypes about sexual activity. Many men and women seem to believe the fantasy model of large penises, rock-hard erections and all-night-long intercourse. "
Past research has found that a large percentage of men and women, who responded, wanted sex to last 30 minutes or longer.
"This seems a situation ripe for disappointment and dissatisfaction," said lead author Eric Corty, associate professor of psychology. "With this survey, we hope to dispel such fantasies and encourage men and women with realistic data about acceptable sexual intercourse, thus preventing sexual disappointments and dysfunctions."
Corty and Guardiani, then-undergraduate student and now a University graduate, are publishing their findings in the May issue of the Journal of Sexual Medicine, but the article is currently available online.
The survey’s research also has implications for treatment of people with existing sexual problems.
"If a patient is concerned about how long intercourse should last, these data can help shift the patient away from a concern about physical disorders and to be initially treated with counseling, instead of medicine," Corty noted.
This is not the first survey that has found these results. First one I remember was back in the 70's when I was in college. This seems to fall right in line with everything I have read over the years from reliable researchers. Reality can be an ugly thing :-)

http://www.kinseyinstitute.org/about/index.html is always a good place to start. Don't agree with everything they publish but its thought provoking
Well, for me 7 to 13 minutes is "undesirable." I like to mix intercourse with multi positions, as well as some breaks for continued DATY and BBBJ. Hard to do all that, to both parties satisfaction in 13 minutes. Maybe I'm the odd man out?
Read carefully.
"penetration of the vagina by the penis until ejaculation"

Not stop and go. One session of intercourse. Stroke till you get off.

If your going over 7 minutes of non-stop intercourse, your already pushing past the avg amount of time needed by a man finish. Kensey reported about 2 minutes as average across a wide range of men. There is a wide range of time with many factors affecting it, but that was average for non-stop intercourse. Masters & Johnson reported about the same time period and range of times across the general male popilation.

With carefull control, you may make the complete experience last far longer but that is not the question asked in this survey.
What good is a survey that times "quickies"?

What about the pre-act activities? The flirting, the caressing, the teasing, the begging..oops.

And the delaying activities to prevent falling within his time frame? Changing positions, methods, center of attention.

And the post-act cuddling, kissing, petting, chatting.

If that could be compressed, the event would sound like Donald and Daisy going at it and look like a cat fight. (can't find smiley icons for those).
I didn't post this with the intention of dissecting the study. Geez!

Rather, it was supposed to provoke some interesting dialogue about individual preferences, hence the question "So ladies and gents, what's your "optimum" time for the "in's and out's" portion of doing the deed?"

I was more interested in everyones perspective on what their time preference was from initial penetration to climax, including any breaks for position changes, other activities etc.
Sorry Tony for the confusion on my part. The study you posted was on a very specific part of a session of love making. Your other comments seemed to not be inline with what the report was on. I though prehaps you had misread the report.

Sorry about that. I love research and studies about this kind of stuff. Comes from having a Masters in socoloigy I guess.
Sorry Tony for the confusion on my part. The study you posted was on a very specific part of a session of love making. Your other comments seemed to not be inline with what the report was on. I though prehaps you had misread the report.

Sorry about that. I love research and studies about this kind of stuff. Comes from having a Masters in socoloigy I guess. Originally Posted by Bubba3452
Bubba,

No worries. With all of the "Who's the Best", "Who's the Biggest,", Who's the Dirtiest" types of unoriginal threads these day, plus all of the drama, I was just trying to promote some insightful conversation...

TP
I tell girls all the time.
"I can give you the best 30 seconds of sex you have ever had!"

Funny, no one ever complains that 30 seconds was not enough. I wonder why........
Well, for me 7 to 13 minutes is "undesirable." I like to mix intercourse with multi positions, as well as some breaks for continued DATY and BBBJ. Hard to do all that, to both parties satisfaction in 13 minutes. Maybe I'm the odd man out? Originally Posted by Tony Patella
Tony, I'm with you, buddy!
Uh, so..........?

Tony, good general trivial information here, but searching for a point, I guess.

WALDT? YMMV? WGAS?

I think that there's a big gap between what 7-13 minutes is depending on whether or not you are involved in "doing the do" or sitting in the corner holding a stop watch...LOL. For the guy (or gal) with the stop watch, that time can seem to drag on and on. For the guy (or, hopefully, gal, too) involved in actually doing it, it just seems enjoyable and one loses track of time.
Uh, so..........?

Good general trivial information here, but searching for a point, I guess.

WALDT? YMMV? WGAS? Originally Posted by Randy4Candy
Maybe you missed this, so...

"With all of the "Who's the Best", "Who's the Biggest,", Who's the Dirtiest" types of unoriginal threads these day, plus all of the drama, I was just trying to promote some insightful conversation..."
Tony, and you thought I did not get it???? :-)
As far as I am concerned, the amount of time is how long it takes for my partner to get her Os, since I can cum in 1 min or 1 hr.