College Grad Says Obamacare ‘Has Raped My Future’ In Viral Letter

College Grad Says Obamacare ‘Has Raped My Future’ In Viral Letter
October 9, 2013 3:02 PM

A University of Michigan graduate penned an open letter that went viral online as she described how President Barack Obama’s signature health care law hurts the working poor, and has “raped” her future. KAREN BLEIER/AFP/Getty Images)

A University of Michigan graduate penned an open letter that went viral online as she described how President Barack Obama’s signature health care law hurts the working poor, and has “raped” her future. KAREN BLEIER/AFP/Getty Images)

(CBSDC) – A University of Michigan graduate penned an open letter that went viral online as she described how President Barack Obama’s signature health care law hurts the working poor, and has “raped” her future.

Ashley Dionne, 26, posted the now-viral letter to conservative radio host Dennis Prager’s Facebook page earlier this week.

She explains how she graduated from the University of Michigan in 2009, at which point she was told she was “too educated and wouldn’t stay” at low-paying jobs.

Dionne writes that she has a series of medical conditions, and the Obamacare system pushes her out of a system that favors the non-working poor.

“I have asthma, ulcers, and mild cerebral palsy. Obamacare takes my monthly rate from $75 a month for full coverage on my “Young Adult Plan,” to $319 a month. After $6,000 in deductibles, of course,” Dionne wrote in the Facebook post.

“Liberals claimed this law would help the poor. I am the poor, the working poor, and I can’t afford to support myself, let alone older generations and people not willing to work at all.”

The Affordable Care Act allows kids to stay on their parents’ health care plans until the age of 26.

Although she writes that she landed a job at a gym, she states that it only allows for 32 hours each week, for eight dollars an hour. And she bluntly adds that Obamacare costs for will only increase difficulties for young adults.

“This law has raped my future,” she writes. “It will keep me and kids my age from having a future at all. This is the real face of Obamacare and it isn’t pretty.”
Not just hers, I'm afraid.
She graduated from Michigan and can only find an $8.00 an hour job? She should have saved her money and not gone to college. She has kids? She has " asthma, ulcers, and mild cerebral palsy." From the sound of it she was expecting the government to pick up the cost of her health care for the rest of her life. Just the kind of person that Rock18 rants about. The whole story sounds phony.
It is obvious you are a libtard. You apparently didn't read that prior to Obamacare she was able to afford her healthcare but because Libtard likes to get fucked up the ass - Obamacare is fucking her real good. You should know what that feels like considering you constantly bend over and take it up the ass.

She graduated from Michigan and can only find an $8.00 an hour job? She should have saved her money and not gone to college. She has kids? She has " asthma, ulcers, and mild cerebral palsy." From the sound of it she was expecting the government to pick up the cost of her health care for the rest of her life. Just the kind of person that Rock18 rants about. The whole story sounds phony. Originally Posted by BigLouie
bump
What degree?
What degree? Originally Posted by Gotyour6
Her degree is "The democrat party FUCKED my future"...
What the heck did she get a degree in? She can't even beat out someone with just a high school degree? Sounds like poor planning on her part. She has two degrees and can't find a job. Why the heck did she get TWO degrees in fields with no job future? Not really smart. And $319 a month is not all that high. Its really about normal.
What the heck did she get a degree in? She can't even beat out someone with just a high school degree? Sounds like poor planning on her part. She has two degrees and can't find a job. Why the heck did she get TWO degrees in fields with no job future? Not really smart. And $319 a month is not all that high. Its really about normal. Originally Posted by BigLouie
I'm sure there is a Ozombie re-education camp in her future.
I'm not fully convinced about this woman's story.

Nevertheless, she needs to push out a couple of kids from different fathers and enjoy other peoples money while it lasts.
Did some research, that girl is lying through her teeth. On her Facebook page she says she is an "Aspiring writer, actor, director and and works at Planet Fitness". Really? Did she think she was going to start out as Meryl Streep or Natalie Portman. Two degrees in film and writing and you wonder why you can't find a job. Really?

She also forgot to mention that she qualifies for a tax credit.

I found this from the Atlantic Wire:

She does qualify for Medicaid but let's just say that, for whatever reason, Dionne doesn't want to enroll in Medicaid (a woman claiming to be Ashley's mother commented on the Campus Reform article saying Dionne "would rather starve" than go on Medicaid). Okay, fine. But we're not sure what plan she wants to enroll in that would cost her $319 a month, either. According to Kaiser Health's Subsidy Calculator, a nonsmoker in Michigan with no dependents making $14,000 a year (we rounded up) qualifies for a $2,272 tax credit. So while her yearly premium would be $2,552 for the Silver Plan — or $212.67 a month — she'd only have to pay that if she gambled away her tax credit in Vegas. Her post-tax credit premium boils down to $280, or $23.33 a month.

And, just for fun, let's say Dionne's non-Medicaid, non-Silver Plan did cost $319 a month, or $3,828 a year. After her subsidy, the plan would cost $1,556, or about $130 a month. That's more than her current plan, but not even close to $319 a month, the point at which futures are destroyed.