8 billion cost overrun, where's the outrage?

Pentagon efforts to straighten out bookkeeping face billion-dollar ...

12 years to create an accounting system? More proof the pentagon is by far the biggest waster of taxpayer dollars.
It is a republican run org. All military votes republican. I have been told that here.
  • WTF
  • 10-29-2013, 09:07 AM
Don't mess with my Medicare or Military.
Except for the generals apparently. You know WTF, the ones who make the big decisions. Colin Powell is the most visible.
  • WTF
  • 10-29-2013, 12:46 PM
Except for the generals apparently. You know WTF, the ones who make the big decisions. Colin Powell is the most visible. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
JD don't want you messing with his pension....you can fuck all other government workers but JD. He a selfish Tea Potter in that regard.
  • CJ7
  • 10-29-2013, 02:43 PM
easy to break the pentagon bank when you have Halliburton on the government leash
Wrong, the federal government is the biggest waste of tax dollars.
Leon's got some splaining to do.
  • WTF
  • 10-29-2013, 09:12 PM
Leon's got some splaining to do. Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Hey, WPF. Isn't Panetta in charge of Defense anymore?
Obama stated in at least two occasions there is 200 BILLION dollars of Medicare fraud a year. THAT'S 200,000,000,000 dollars A YEAR.

It makes this 8 Billion dollar overrun paltry.

I read your article and stopped when I saw one of the contractors was Accenture. We don't let them in our shop anymore.
Wrong, the federal government is the biggest waste of tax dollars. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
Really? isn't the defense department part of the federal government, accounting for 15 to 20% of all federal spending?
Obama stated in at least two occasions there is 200 BILLION dollars of Medicare fraud a year. THAT'S 200,000,000,000 dollars A YEAR.

It makes this 8 Billion dollar overrun paltry.

I read your article and stopped when I saw one of the contractors was Accenture. We don't let them in our shop anymore. Originally Posted by gnadfly
So I guess what you're saying is we can't walk and chew gum at the same time? No doubt there is waste and abuse in the medicare system and The Obama administration has recovered twice as much as the previous administration from the abusers. The 200 billion figure is only an estimate, the official GAO figure is 48 billion.
Do you think that my example is the only cost overrun? It's estimated that 1/3 of major pentagon expenditures have cost overruns. For instance in 2007, in 95 pentagon programs audited there were 295 billion in cost overruns. That figure is not "paltry". Moreover, What threats to US security justify spending 650 billion on defense? Explain the benefit to taxpayers of the 3 or 4 trillion spent on the Iraq and afghanistan wars.
Leon's got some splaining to do. Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
The process started in the bush administration, it's just anther problem that bush left for Obama to clean up.
  • WTF
  • 10-30-2013, 08:07 AM
Hey, WPF. Isn't Panetta in charge of Defense anymore? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I was not laughing at IIFFOFRDB , for once I was laughing with him.