Ysspwipe Rider?

First off, my apologies to the fine folks of Austin. I'm a Pittsburgh guy and I love your town. But one of yours, this Ysswipe asshole, has followed me from the National Political forum to my hometown forum. We call guys like that Jagoffs. Now, I've been to Austin many times and consider it one if the best places in the country. But YssWipe wants to bust my balls. He says Hippy Hollow is ALL gay. I've been there, I didn't notice. I drink Titos Vodka from time to time, it's great. I've been to Countyline BBQ, Oasis bar. He says it's all a tourist shit stop? 6th ave? Another shit stop according to this douche bag. Am I wrong here? What am I missing when I visit Austin? I'm not taking his word for it.
Well I don't think you're too far off on assup, and I doubt anyone here in ATX will claim him.
No we will certainly not claim is tired old ass. I think his posts are merely to incite riot... Now to his assessment of the following;

Oasis: shit food but great views, yes very touristy

Hippy Hollow: yes there are gays but they tend to stay in a certain area

6th Street: not avenue, those run north and south and mainly in Hyde Park. but yes it is very touristy and many College kids. You want grown up bars you need to go down to Warehouse District if they still call it that or South Congress

County Line: sure as hell not the best in town and I would agree is a bit over priced and touristy food is not that great
No we will certainly not claim is tired old ass. I think his posts are merely to incite riot... Now to his assessment of the following;

Oasis: shit food but great views, yes very touristy

Hippy Hollow: yes there are gays but they tend to stay in a certain area

6th Street: not avenue, those run north and south and mainly in Hyde Park. but yes it is very touristy and many College kids. You want grown up bars you need to go down to Warehouse District if they still call it that or South Congress

County Line: sure as hell not the best in town and I would agree is a bit over priced and touristy food is not that great Originally Posted by RALPHEY BOY

Huh.... I thought it ran East & West
Huh.... I thought it ran East & West Originally Posted by Still Looking
the Avenues in town specifically in Hyde Park, 'Those',being Avenues , run North and South and like West Ave in Downtown
Thanks for the info. I suspected Ysswipe is a decrepit , miserable fuck, unhappy with his lot in life.
Bambino- even though everybody is correct about the touristy carp it's still fun and a must do if your from out of town. Friends in Vegas laugh at me wanting to hang on the strip. Friends in New Orleans say Bourbon Street a puke hole but I still go and love it. Note- usually it's the Salt LICK that all the tourists go to. It's a must do. Enjoy.
+1 for the Salt Lick

Hit SoCo the next time you're in town. Funky hotels and lots of great food and bars.
Thanks folks, Salt lick will be on the agenda on my next trip.
Let us know when you're back in town; maybe we can go as a group to the Salt Lick--they serve family style BBQ and sides, so strength in numbers helps!

And it is BYOB and Cash only and usually has a long wait, but there is often live music outside and great, shady tables to enjoy nice weather.
You want some excellent brisket? Hit up Milt's in Kyle

sixx
Let us know when you're back in town; maybe we can go as a group to the Salt Lick--they serve family style BBQ and sides, so strength in numbers helps!

And it is BYOB and Cash only and usually has a long wait, but there is often live music outside and great, shady tables to enjoy nice weather. Originally Posted by 3daygetaway
Deal!
Whats funny is Yssup absolutely will not post in Austin coed. If he does it will be the first time in a couple of years. Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Such bullshit. Do a simple check. These little guys are ridiculous ... harmless, but definitely the dimmest bulbs on the Hanukkah bush!

I've been doing my part to contribute to the Austin hobby scene by staying the hell away from it ... outside seeing my favorite providers when I can.

For that I think we're all thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving/Hanukkah all!

I'll post again in another "couple of years!"