Legal question - Blackmail

I have a legal question.

For a few months I saw a well known provider in the Albany area. Over the course of time I shared my real life information with her as she did with me. I know, mistake but what's done is done. It didn't help she did a few outcalls to my home so she had my home address too.

This week I get a text from her saying if I don't send her X amount of money, she's going to expose me to my family, friends, job, community and the like. So of course to save the embarrassment I comply. Yes, I know, you don't need to say it. I have all the text messages from her, I have the receipts, the pictures of the receipts saved in my phone.

I've done a little digging and the words coercion, extortion, and blackmail come to mind. It's very clear she was threatening, her goal was clear, to get money from me or else. Once the money was handed over, she quieted down and I've not heard from her since.

Also, she was in the state of Vermont when making these threats.

So, let's hear from those privy to law and legal issues, what I should do. I want this nightmare of a woman to go away once and for all.

She is not a verified provider on this site but does get on it from time to time.

No, I will NOT say who it is, I don't wish to ruin her name and reputation.

Happy New Year
maybe time for a new hobby phone number and handle.
So you have someone threatening to expose your extracurricular activities unless you pay up, but you don't want to ruin her "good name and reputation". I don't get it?! That statement alone makes this seem like a bullshit post.
Your seeking legal advice on a ho board?????
One of the few advantages of age is the experience that comes with it. The more you give in to a woman like this the more she will return to put the squeeze on you. Refusal to give her name or handle indicates to me that you still have a thing for her. You are the victim of a crime. There are at least 3 violations of the NY Penal Law involved, could be felonies depending upon the amount of money. The crime was committed here in NY because you were here when the threat was received and I presume you did not drive to Vermont to pay her off. While I am not a big fan of most Law Enforcement, this is the time to go visit them. I would suggest the State Police and not the locals, especially iof you live in a small community. If you are totally afraid of going to the cops, at least hire a Lawyer to write her a letter advising that you will go to the cops if she contacts you again. Good luck
Eddie,

I appreciate you trying to liven up this board, but really.
Its not a bs post.

I don't want to add fuel to the fire, which is why I will not give her name. I want an easy way out of this mess.

So you have someone threatening to expose your extracurricular activities unless you pay up, but you don't want to ruin her "good name and reputation". I don't get it?! That statement alone makes this seem like a bullshit post. Originally Posted by irnshank
Greene

It's not Eddie. We've been over this before.

This is legit. I'm looking for guidance in how to handle this shit!!

Eddie,

I appreciate you trying to liven up this board, but really. Originally Posted by green305
If I were to say her name on here many of you would be trembling in fear as I am. Shes well known and have seen alot of you.

If you would like to offer advice I'll take it if not ok too.
  • Doove
  • 12-28-2013, 05:41 PM
I realize you're in a really tight spot, but i'll say this.

If someone here helps you out with any kind of sound advice that gets you out of your predicament as best as can be expected at this point, only to get in the same predicament himself because you won't let him in on who the offending lady is.....that would make you kind of a dick.

At the very least, i would suggest you request any info through PMs, and if you get good info from someone, drop a name in return.
it this should be post on the ALERT AREA .. something like should be reported somehow
This is so not a surprise in the history of the Lewis/Pierce saga.
Maybe you can get your LE friends to help you out.
I
Also, she was in the state of Vermont when making these threats. Originally Posted by Frank Pierce
That could make it a federal offense, committing a crime across state lines usually gets the feds involved. But I doubt they would take any interest.

I just want this nightmare to end Originally Posted by Frank Pierce
-Yeah, don't we all !!

No, I will NOT say who it is, I don't wish to ruin her name and reputation. Originally Posted by Frank Pierce
If what you say IS true...then tell us! You ask us to HELP you, yet refuse to provide the name or handle of this chick. Which means anyone of us could be calling her right now and end up in the same pan of hot water. GEE THANKS!! YOU DON'T WANT TO RUIN HER REP!?!?!?! SERIOUSLY???!??!?!
I know this isn't the response you are looking for, but that is just Daft dude!

PK