Arod Ban ??

• iggy
  • 01-13-2014, 08:19 AM
I'm Not an Arod fan, never have been. Life long Yankee fan. that being said.
I think, 1 season Ban is too lite a sentence for what he did. He should be Banned for life !!

Pete Rose was Banned for life. He only bet on games, he did not bet on the Reds, he could not have effected the Outcome of a Game.

Arod used Banned substances to improve his performance, which would effect the outcome of a game.

Who is the criminal Pete or Arod ??

Ban him for life !! don't even sell him a ticket to a game. !!
I'm Not an Arod fan, never have been. Life long Yankee fan. that being said.
I think, 1 season Ban is too lite a sentence for what he did. He should be Banned for life !!

Pete Rose was Banned for life. He only bet on games, he did not bet on the Reds, he could not have effected the Outcome of a Game.

Arod used Banned substances to improve his performance, which would effect the outcome of a game.

Who is the criminal Pete or Arod ??

Ban him for life !! don't even sell him a ticket to a game. !!
Originally Posted by iggy
I think A-Roid is finished. After the 2014 season, I don't see the Yanks keeping him. He's just too toxic.

As far as Pete Rose goes:
From ESPN March 2007:
"Pete Rose revealed Wednesday that he bet on the Reds "every night" while he was manager of the team and that the Dowd Report was correct when it said he did so."
I think A-Roid is finished. After the 2014 season, I don't see the Yanks keeping him. He's just too toxic.

As far as Pete Rose goes:
From ESPN March 2007:
"Pete Rose revealed Wednesday that he bet on the Reds "every night" while he was manager of the team and that the Dowd Report was correct when it said he did so." Originally Posted by Greg58
It was wrong, but Pete bet on the Reds to WIN. Not exactly a situation where he would be throwing a game. If anything it gave him the incentive to manage like it was the final game of the series.

I'm waiting for the circus when A-Roid shows up for spring training. The fear is if the Spankies throw him out it will give him another avenue for a law suit. The suspension doesn't cover spring training and previous players facing suspensions (although not for an entire year) have joined their teams in the spring. The guy's life is now a joke. If I was him with all his money, I would continue to make things miserable for MLB, the Players Assoc., and the Spankies...what's he got to lose? His reputation???
  • iggy
  • 01-13-2014, 02:05 PM
Im hoping in his Morals clause of his contract the Yankees have an out, now that he has been judged by MLB. For using while as a Yankee. b4 I believe it was when he was in TX.
The biggest thing in the A-Roid scandal is that despite his name being all over released documents is that he never actually tested positive for a banned substance. The other thing, is I think the MLB CBA prevents him from getting a lifetime ban currently as this is only his "second offense". We all know he's a juice head, and he does deserve to be banned. Sadly I don't think the MLB can, but his career is over pretty much.
  • DCcny
  • 01-13-2014, 03:43 PM
I agree with Iggy 100%. Also consider what happened to Lance Armstrong. He not only got banned for life, but they took away all of his victories. I say what A-Rod has done is worse than what Lance did, so he deserves at least as stiff a penalty if not more. A one year ban is a slap on the wrist in comparison.
  • iggy
  • 01-13-2014, 04:13 PM
Exactly !! Armstrong had to pay back $ I think. that would really be great if Yankees could get some of their money Back LOL
LIFELONG BAN!!
Did you catch the 60 mins interview last night? the guy was actually kinda defending what they did as fair. like, wtf?!
  • iggy
  • 01-13-2014, 06:35 PM
What would expect him to say ??
Arod should be banned for life and NOT allowed into the hall of fame......if Pete is banned, then Arod should be too.

However, Armstrong....his actions are worse.....he threaten other people on his own team to make sure that they keep his secerts.......Armstrong got exactly what he asked for, as did Arod and Pete Rose!!

Bring back Mr. OCT!!