Evolution? Intelligent Design? God did it all in 7 days?

• Doove
  • 02-22-2013, 03:18 PM
But you craved attention, so you kept repeating it. See what I mean? Originally Posted by ExNYer
By the way, if a question goes unanswered and therefore gets sarcastically repeated twice, that makes someone an attention hound.

Is that your position?
You know, we Jews are responsible for a Large portion of the Christian Bible, but I was never taught it was the word of God. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
We are also responsible for a large portion of the movies Hollywood makes!!! Also, a large portion of the Nobel Prizes. We fuckin' rule!!!

I don't think this argument about God will ever be solved - so why don't we move on???
I don't think this argument about God will ever be solved - so why don't we move on??? Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
that probably won't happen
Or maybe they ignored me because they realize they don't really have a sound, logical response to their logical dilemma. Originally Posted by Doove
There is no logical dilemma for religious folks.

Murder is wrong. Period. There is no exception because it sends someone to heaven sooner. (This also ignores folks who aren't going to heaven).

Humans don't get to decide "to play God", which is essentially what you are saying. Life itself is regarded as a gift from God by religious folks.

A murderer doesn't get to inflict pain and suffering on another person and cause that person's death and then rationalize it by saying "Oh well, she's in a better place. So don't be mad at me". That's only a "logical" argument to a 3rd grader.

You also ignore the grief of the family members of the murder victim. Or is your next "logical" argument that you can also murder them to reunite them with their dead loved one - so no harm, no foul?
  • Doove
  • 02-23-2013, 12:41 PM
Now was that so hard?

There is no logical dilemma for religious folks. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Which was my point, in spite of the fact that i strongly believe there should be. At least if they wish to be intellectually consistent.

Murder is wrong. Period.
Of course it is.

There is no exception because it sends someone to heaven sooner. (This also ignores folks who aren't going to heaven).
3 for 3! Though i should add, i'm not sure why a religious person would be outraged over the killing of someone who's destined for hell either. Particularly since many religious people seem so in love with the death penalty and all.

Which raises the question, if someone lived a life deserving of them being sent to hell, but they would have redeemed themselves if they had lived long enough to do so, doesn't it seem just a bit unfair to condemn them to everlasting hell?

Humans don't get to decide "to play God", which is essentially what you are saying. Life itself is regarded as a gift from God by religious folks.
I said no such thing. You might want me to have said that, but that is in no way what i said.

A murderer doesn't get to inflict pain and suffering on another person and cause that person's death and then rationalize it by saying "Oh well, she's in a better place. So don't be mad at me". That's only a "logical" argument to a 3rd grader.
Again, no kidding. Nevertheless, let me pose another question that you can answer or not, it doesn't really matter, just trying to make a point. If i'm Jerry Landers (John Denver from Oh God), and God's telling me that people who die, whether through murder, suicide, accident or natural causes end up in heaven, don't you think it would only be natural for me to be a whole lot less outraged over someone killing someone as compared to how i feel about it now? If i truly know (not just believe, but absolutely know) that the person's spirit will live on in eternity? Or should i believe that heaven is great for eternity, it's just not so great for the next 20 or 30 years?

You also ignore the grief of the family members of the murder victim. Or is your next "logical" argument that you can also murder them to reunite them with their dead loved one - so no harm, no foul?
Again, you're confusing my suggestion of what intellectually honest religious people should be saying with what you think i'm saying. Don't.
the used of privileged info from spying on me to inter-fear in my affair that alter a serial of certain thing that should have happen by now

you are a democracy, which YOU the people elect YOUR represented to represent YOU.
AND WHEN YOUR REPRESENTATIVE INTER-FEAR IN MY AFFAIR THEIR WILL BE SEVERE PUNISHMENT ON YOU AS THE PEOPLE WHO ELECT THEM OR IF YOU SEND THEM PACKING
ELSE
WILL there be a city, county, state, country, or planet for YOU

CONDITION SET .... YOU DID THIS TO YOUR SELF.... YOUR MOVE
  • Old-T
  • 02-24-2013, 07:40 AM
Jane,

I really wonder what this post has to do with the topic? I am afraid most who read it will be a bit confused.
Jane,

I really wonder what this post has to do with the topic? I am afraid most who read it will be a bit confused. Originally Posted by Old-T
I have not followed this thread closely but I am left to wonder. it would seem to me that it would be out of the ordinary for a National Sandbox thread to stay on topic?

That being said, I think we actually had quite a few pages of decent discussion on here or on that other thread that was going on.
Jane,

I really wonder what this post has to do with the topic? I am afraid most who read it will be a bit confused. Originally Posted by Old-T
MsJane's post doesn't have anything to do with any topic ever posted in the Sandbox. It's schizophrenic word salad.

http://dailydiseasesanddisorders.tum.../schizophrenia
  • Old-T
  • 02-24-2013, 06:07 PM
I have not followed this thread closely but I am left to wonder. it would seem to me that it would be out of the ordinary for a National Sandbox thread to stay on topic? Originally Posted by bigtex
Staying on topic is one thing--and yes, topics here tend to drift quickly and violently. But to have no idea what the person's topic IS, well that is a bit outside the norm.

MsJane's post doesn't have anything to do with any topic ever posted in the Sandbox. It's schizophrenic word salad.

http://dailydiseasesanddisorders.tum.../schizophrenia Originally Posted by joe bloe
"Schizophrenic word salad"! I like that! I will have to use that in real life--sorry I wil not be in a position to give you proper credit for the turn of the phrase, but thanks.
I like to ask Ex-Nyer since he so sure of the non-existence of God- if he believes in the following: Ghost, Aliens, demonic possessions, and Miracles that defy logic? If your answer is NO- than are all report of nay of the above just figments of people's imagination??? And if you answer Yes- how does evolution explain any of those supernatural phenomenons?
at this point i don't think anyone gives a rats ass
Staying on topic is one thing--and yes, topics here tend to drift quickly and violently. But to have no idea what the person's topic IS, well that is a bit outside the norm.

"Schizophrenic word salad"! I like that! I will have to use that in real life--sorry I wil not be in a position to give you proper credit for the turn of the phrase, but thanks. Originally Posted by Old-T
I wish I could take credit for it.

"Neologistic and semantic jargon are the primary components of a schizophrenic language output that has been termed word salad, an apt phrase for the mixture of misused linguistic features produced by the schizophrenic subject. Much more often, however, word salad is based on brain damage (Benson, 1979a)."
I like to ask Ex-Nyer since he so sure of the non-existence of God- if he believes in the following: Ghost, Aliens, demonic possessions, and Miracles that defy logic? If your answer is NO- than are all report of nay of the above just figments of people's imagination??? And if you answer Yes- how does evolution explain any of those supernatural phenomenons? Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
I do not know for certain there is no God. But I AM certain that religious fundamentalism and creationism are bullshit.

Additionally, there are NO instances of ghosts, aliens, demonic possessions or miracles that defy logic. There are only phony and unsubstantiated reports of those things. Unfortunately, gullible people repeat them like they are the truth and even embellish them.

Why do aliens never land on NASA's lawn or the roof of the physics lab at Princeton? Or the middle of Central Park? Or SOMEWHERE in front of a camera?

I mean there are cameras EVERYWHERE these days. Even drunk rednecks in the swamps have cell phones with video cameras in them. So, you would think that we would now have MORE - not LESS - reliable, proven sightings and recordings of aliens, ghosts and all that other BS.

But we don't, do we? All we have are crappy quality, shaky hand-held videos of lights in the sky and the voice of some hillbilly saying "Whut the hell is that, Jimmy-Ray? It mus' be a alien mother ship!"

Why are the only people that ever meet aliens or see ghosts broke bums living in trailer parks? Why don't atheists or the chairman of a Fortune 500 company ever have any stories of demonic possession or seeing a ghost in his or her house?

Are ghosts and demons repelled by anyone with a six figure income? Do college diplomas ward off evil spirits?