WLM Rally To Be Hosted in Sept at Texas A&M

the same thing that keeps racist scum like your pals able to post in these threads also keeps THOR able to post his nonsense

Dumbass
Where's the official alt right webpage/convention/organization?
Seems like they are being defined by the media and alt left. Like the TEA party was. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Exactly. IMO the term alt-right was used as a CATCH all for anything non liberal..
Just like any org/group that is not fully onboard with the leftists Pro-lgbtqrs agenda, 'must be a hate group'..

You were actually making my point ... for the most part the day to day operations of colleges (some more Liberal than others) are driven by a more liberal mindset. The more than likely share the same anti-Trump bias to some degree as the student body. If they don't pacify the majority of the students on campus they will start losing enrollment, which drives their economy. Originally Posted by LexusLover
So cause of economics, liberal colleges should be able to ban anyone they want? So in essence only the left should have free speech rights?
Go away loudmouth!

https://parking.utexas.edu/parking/fs/ Originally Posted by LexusLover
Well, I tried to keep the discussion civil but as usual you brought it down in to the gutter. Guess I should have expected it from a lying, ignorant, redneck, hillbilly.

Here is your statement: "I was not allowed to drive on the campus without a permit, which is consistent with 99% of the campuses on which I have spent time."

Parking rules on the University of Texas campus have NOTHING to do with it being open to the public. Parking is NOT driving. There are parking regulations in every major city in the U.S. yet the roads are public.

Sometimes you are so ignorant it hurts.

UT at Austin!

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...rce=embed&z=14

I realize you can't read maps, but get someone who does to interpret it for you!

It's barely changed security wise in over 50 years. You are a real moron, but you know that!

Here's A&M

http://transport.tamu.edu/Parking/fa.../business.aspx

Students/Staff/Faculty have permits to enter the campus with their vehicles and for parking. I was there on campus several years back and had to obtain a temporary permit to enter the campus with my vehicle with a designation of the department to which I was going.

Driving by the campus or through a campus on a major thoroughfare is NOT BEING ON THE CAMPUS. Originally Posted by LexusLover
LOL. I have driven on EVERY open road on the UT-Austin campus and have never been stopped for being in violation of any law. I say "open road" because some roads on campus are closed to EVERYONE. I know of 2 such booths such as depicted in your picture -- at Robert Dedmon off of Dean Keaton and the other one might be at 24th street. Rarely is there anyone at those booths. There are NO rules against driving on the UT campus. Parking certainly. It is almost impossible to find a parking space on campus that does not require a parking permit. So yes, you are correct in saying that permits are needed on campus for PARKING, but wrong if you say permits are needed for DRIVING.
You are SO full of shit!

I regularly drive through UT campus.

You ready to do this again, you froggy idiot? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
He is so stupid it hurts the sensibilities of others.

Driving through the campus is not the same as being on the campus????

Of course, LexusLiar will NEVER admit when he is wrong.
Well, I tried to keep the discussion civil .... Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
You don't know what the word means ....

https://www.utsystem.edu/board-of-re...h-and-assembly

We are discussing ... "assembly" on campus ... and since you have a limited knowledge of campuses throughout the State of Texas, including UT @ Austin, you decided to get all anecdotal about it, and you are wrong ... speaking of ignorance ...

Board of Regents UT System ...

"Sec. 1 Time, Place, and Manner.

The freedoms of speech and assembly are basic and essential to intellectual development. However, these activities are subject to the well-established right of colleges and universities to regulate time, place, and manner so that the activities do not intrude upon or interfere with the academic programs and administrative processes of The University of Texas System or any of the institutions. Each institution may designate one or more appropriate areas on the campus where students, faculty, and staff may engage in rallies, group demonstrations, or public oratory without prior administrative approval. All rallies, group demonstrations, and public oratory must be conducted in accordance with the provisions of this Rule and the reasonable and nondiscriminatory rules and regulations of the institution."

Doesn't sound at ALL like an open "public campus"!

And the presence of guard gates into the main campus indicates you are also full of shit. Now ... when was the first time you ever set foot on UT @ Austin CAMPUS? ... Or were you strictly a remote/correspondence course student?

The colleges and universities in this state are regulated by the Texas Education Code, which authorizes the governing bodies to establish rules and regulations to control activities on their respective campuses .... within those regulations the policies and procedures of the campus police are established, which includes their scope of authority pursuant to the Texas Education Code, which actually expands beyond the boundaries of the campus perimeter.

When there are rules, regulations, and restrictions on property access and activities, it is not a "public place" upon which on may conduct themselves as they see fit.

I recognize that it's important for you to continue your "theme" and "charade" at being intellectually superior and more knowledgeable ... but you hit your "ceiling" long ago. Give it up!
You don't know what the word means ....

We are discussing ... "assembly" on campus ... and since you have a limited knowledge of campuses throughout the State of Texas, including UT @ Austin, you decided to get all anecdotal about it, and you are wrong ... speaking of ignorance ...

Board of Regents UT System ...

"Sec. 1 Time, Place, and Manner.

The freedoms of speech and assembly are basic and essential to intellectual development. However, these activities are subject to the well-established right of colleges and universities to regulate time, place, and manner so that the activities do not intrude upon or interfere with the academic programs and administrative processes of The University of Texas System or any of the institutions. Each institution may designate one or more appropriate areas on the campus where students, faculty, and staff may engage in rallies, group demonstrations, or public oratory without prior administrative approval. All rallies, group demonstrations, and public oratory must be conducted in accordance with the provisions of this Rule and the reasonable and nondiscriminatory rules and regulations of the institution."

Doesn't sound at ALL like an open "public campus"!

And he presence of guard gates into the main campus indicates you are also full of shit. Now ... when was the first time you ever set foot on UT @ Austin CAMPUS? ... Or were you strictly a remote/correspondence course student? Originally Posted by LexusLover
I was arguing exactly ONE point you made -- whether or not driving on the campuses of colleges, and UT-Austin in particular, is restricted. Everything else that you just presented is irrelevant to that point. The point YOU incorrectly made early on is that college campuses are NOT public in part because you need a permit to drive on the campuses. TOTALLY WRONG!!!

I set foot on UT-Austin probably in the late 80s and have been on the campus grounds many, many, many times since then. That does not matter. The fact that matters is that there are no rules prohibiting driving on the UT-Austin campus and I have never been on ANY college campus that does not allow driving on campus, except for the USMA at West Point.
I was arguing exactly ONE point you made -- Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
... and you can't drive wherever you want to drive on the campus with impunity. There are through streets there were in existence before the campus expanded out into the neighborhoods surrounding it upon which citizens may pass .. but there are guard gates into the entrances of the main campus as show on the map I posted.

Too bad you weren't there in the 60's when DPS surrounded the SDS "rally" and hauled off droves of loudmouthed little turds proclaiming their "right to protest" on the campus!

90% of those arrested had a least one unmentionable item in their pocket or pursue that turned a Class C disorderly conduct arrest into a felony possession charge!

You are being your usual knit-picking self by trying to take on a little sliver of a comment and pretending like you know better.

In the 80's ?..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And the last time I drove onto the A&M campus I had to stop at security, present my identification, obtain a "car pass" to put on the rear view mirror, and was handed instructions on where I could park once I identified the department I was to enter. I had to return the "car pass" as her LE instructions!

Does that sound "public place" to you, knucklehead! (That's civilized!)

Typical carpetbagger!

Now we have two knuckleheads who can't read warning signs!

"Entry By Authorized UNIVERSITY Permit Only"!!!!

What does this sign mean?

Does that mean .... "rolling into the intersection" and then going?
  • WTF
  • 08-16-2017, 07:37 AM
He is so stupid it hurts the sensibilities of others.

Driving through the campus is not the same as being on the campus????

Of course, LexusLiar will NEVER admit when he is wrong. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
So LL does know the difference between driving on campus and parking on campus?

And he will never admit he is wrong.
... and you can't drive wherever you want to drive on the campus with impunity. There are through streets there were in existence before the campus expanded out into the neighborhoods surrounding it upon which citizens may pass .. but there are guard gates into the entrances of the main campus as show on the map I posted.

Too bad you weren't there in the 60's when DPS surrounded the SDS "rally" and hauled off droves of loudmouthed little turds proclaiming their "right to protest" on the campus!

90% of those arrested had a least one unmentionable item in their pocket or pursue that turned a Class C disorderly conduct arrest into a felony possession charge!

You are being your usual knit-picking self by trying to take on little sliver of a comment and pretending like you know better.

Typical carpetbagger! Originally Posted by LexusLover
And there are no guards at those guard gates!!! The only times guards are at those gates are when many visitors are expected on campus such as football games and the guards are there to give information to those visitors, not to lock down the streets. Tell me ONE street on campus where a permit is needed to drive on that street.

The compound word is "nit-picking", not "knit-picking" and I would not be nit-picking if you had not clearly tried to associate a campus being "public" with whether or not the streets on the campus required a permit to drive on them, which was 1000% WRONG.

If you want to change the subject, yes, permits are needed at most universities in order to hold demonstrations. Yet those same grounds are 100% open to the public at all other times. So are the grounds "public"? I can walk every inch of the UT campus grounds, not including walking into buildings, and I don't need a permit to do so. I really don't know if I need a permit to simply walk into a building where classes are held.
So LL does know the difference between driving on campus and parking on campus?

And he will never admit he is wrong. Originally Posted by WTF
Exactly!! But he excels at walking away from statements he has made and trying to distance himself from them.
You two knuckleheads argue between yourselves and pat each others' asses.

So, you've driven on a street passing through the campus! That means ..

.. you were on a through city street that was designated as such before the campus expanded. That's all it means. ...

Like "the drag"!

Board of Regents Rules and Regulations

Rules and Regulations, Rule 40501.
"Sec. 3 Regulation of Off-Campus Speakers.

The Board of Regents has, and reserves the right to, regulate the presentation of guest speakers on the campus who are unaffiliated with the U. T. System or any of the institutions thereof (hereafter referred to as off-campus speakers).

Only registered student organizations, faculty or staff organizations, System-owned dormitories, and Student Government may present off-campus speakers on the campus.

The organization sponsoring an off-campus speaker has the responsibility of making clear the fact that the organization, not the institution, is extending the invitation to speak and that any views the speaker may express are his or her own and not necessarily those of the System or of any institution.

An off-campus speaker is subject to all provisions of federal, State, and local laws.

Registered student organizations, faculty or staff organizations, University-owned dormitories, and the students' association may be permitted the use of System-owned facilities to present off-campus speakers on campus pursuant to the facilities use regulations of the System and the institution.

An application for the use of any facility of the System or any of the institutions must be made to the Chancellor of the U. T. System or the president of an institution, or his or her delegate, at least 48 hours before the time the event is scheduled to take place.

No person shall be permitted on any campus of the System to engage in speech, either orally or in writing, which is directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action.

No off-campus speaker who is to be paid from State funds as consideration for his or her speech shall be permitted to speak on the campus of any institution of the System unless the university facility in which the speech is to be delivered will be open to the public, including members of the news media, who will be entitled to record, videotape, or telecast live portions of the speech. The provisions of this Subdivision do not apply to classes, seminars, symposia, and conferences intended for the use and benefit of students, faculty, staff, and invited guests. No person may in any way obstruct or lessen in any way the opportunity for the audience to take the fullest advantage of the speech, including the opportunity to see and hear the speaker during the entire speech.
Texas Education Code
Sec. 51.202. RULES AND REGULATIONS. (a) The governing board of each state institution of higher education, including public junior colleges, may promulgate rules and regulations for the safety and welfare of students, employees, and property, and other rules and regulations it may deem necessary to carry out the provisions of this subchapter and the governance of the institution, providing for the operation and parking of vehicles on the grounds, streets, drives, alleys, and any other institutional property under its control, including but not limited to the following:

(1) limiting the rate of speed;

(2) assigning parking spaces and designating parking areas and their use and assessing a charge for parking;

(3) prohibiting parking as it deems necessary;

(4) removing vehicles parked in violation of institutional rules and regulations or law at the expense of the violator; and

(5) instituting a system of registration for vehicle identification, including a reasonable charge.
[QUOTE=LexusLover;1059863411]

And here is what is done at those kiosks.

"The university has four kiosk stations around main campus that serve as gateways to the university community. Our kiosk guards greet visitors and university affiliates to campus, give directions, provide campus maps, as well as guide them to the appropriate parking areas.
Only vehicles displaying authorized permit types and vehicles authorized by the kiosk guard may access main campus and pass through the kiosks Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Authorized permit types include valid A, AN, F, O, V, and VIP. All other permit types and vehicles not displaying a permit are required to stop at all traffic control kiosks. Upon permission of the kiosk guard, vehicles may pass through campus to drop off students, faculty, or staff."

I have NEVER been stopped at any of these kiosks because, as stated, the guards, when they are there, have the authority to simply wave you through. But the campus is most certainly PUBLIC. I can park off-campus and walk onto the campus 100% of the time. There is a great deal of congestion on-campus during school hours so I can full understand why, at certain times, the university tries to restrict the number of vehicles on campus. But the roads on campus are public no matter what you believe. And the UT-campus is public no matter what you believe.
You two knuckleheads argue between yourselves and pat each others' asses.

So, you've driven on a street passing through the campus! That means ..

.. you were on a through city street that was designated as such before the campus expanded. That's all it means. ...

Like "the drag"! Originally Posted by LexusLover
And I'll repeat -- I have driven on every street that is open to traffic on the UT campus. There are NO streets on campus that I know of that require a permit to drive on during non-school hours. Again I challenge you to name one on-campus street that requires a permit. Ignorant redneck hillbilly.

For someone who is a life-long Texan I find it incredible how little you know about the city of Austin.

You are being your usual knit-picking self by trying to take on a little sliver of a comment and pretending like you know better.

And the last time I drove onto the A&M campus I had to stop at security, present my identification, obtain a "car pass" to put on the rear view mirror, and was handed instructions on where I could park once I identified the department I was to enter. I had to return the "car pass" as her LE instructions!

Does that sound "public place" to you, knucklehead! (That's civilized!)

Typical carpetbagger!

Now we have two knuckleheads who can't read warning signs!

"Entry By Authorized UNIVERSITY Permit Only"!!!!

What does this sign mean?

Does that mean .... "rolling into the intersection" and then going? Originally Posted by LexusLover
once the reach around got access to the money ... arm the community college new building look empty ... the tom delay and noble land owner took money to build around the greater Houston Area outside the belt ... BTW if like Exxon build a campus up north Houston to move all most of their employee to live and work their .... would that be an easy target for green if some company want to destroy the whole company with like a missile ...