"AMERICAN SNIPER" OPENS TODAY....

If you'd met him, you'd know that he was kind of a dick...just like all us soldiers...nothing wrong calling him what he was...doesn't diminish what he did. Same with talking to Luttrell...dick, of the first magnitude... Originally Posted by Wakeup

I dont know him or you. I did not see what either of you saw, so I wont call you a dick. I will say thank you for all that you did for this nation. Maybe because you served with or as him gives you license to agree he was a dick but until this pos journalist has made the same sacrifices he has not earned that right. So to hell with him !
Do you "honestly" believe that only a former sniper is qualified to critique a movie about snipers? The local newspaper gave it s mediocre review. Maybe it was the overpowering smell of axle grease and gunpowder in the theater.

Out of curiosity, rio -- and I've asked this before -- when and where did you serve?

Were you a sniper? How are you qualified to,talk about this movie at all?

I'd rather hear your review of Slingblade. You'd be qualified.
Out of curiosity, rio -- and I've asked this before -- when and where did you serve? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Did you ever see me claim to have served this country ?
No you did not. Why not ? Why have I never answered your question ?
Because it is neither a public matter or any of your business.
Also it has no bearing whatsoever HERE.

Fact I do not ask others about their service. If they divulge it, that is their perrogative.
Fact I respect those who honorably serve this nation.
Fact I openly thank them out of respect and my own convictions.
Fact No further explantion necessasary,nor provided to you.

Fact I do not ask others about their service. If they divulge it, that is their perrogative.
Fact I respect those who honorably serve this nation.
Fact I openly thank them out of respect and my own convictions.
Fact No further explantion necessasary,nor provided to you. Originally Posted by rioseco
Actually, you did bring it up, rio, when you trashed Matt Tabibi, who has seen more combat situations than you imagine in your wettest of dreams.

It is entirely germane to this discussion, especially since you said that unless you've sacrificed like a sniper, you had no right to criticize him and "this pos journalist" has no right.

Your ignorance is showing through yet again.

You never wore the uniform. By your own rules, you have no right to comment.

You stepped in your own bullshit again. Next time, wear some shoes,

As I said before, I won't ever see it. Originally Posted by Wakeup
I personally have no desire to see the movie.

It is safe to say that I am not the least bit curious.
Actually, you did bring it up, rio, when you trashed Matt Tabibi, who has seen more combat situations than you imagine in your wettest of dreams.

It is entirely germane to this discussion, especially since you said that unless you've sacrificed like a sniper, you had no right to criticize him and "this pos journalist" has no right.

Your ignorance is showing through yet again.

You never wore the uniform. By your own rules, you have no right to comment.

You stepped in your own bullshit again. Next time, wear some shoes,

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

When you open your mouth, the world is filled with bullshit. One would need scuba gear, not shoes. How do you know if I served ? You will never know if,when or where ? I will not give you the satisfaction of answering you.

Yssup. you lie again !
I NEVER SAID SACRIFICE AS A SNIPER.
I did say "sacrifie" as in service to this nation.

I jumped Tabibis smear of Mr. Kyle because he did so after his death.Yes he is a coward. Really tuff guy picking on a dead man.
Read the original post again Yssup.This time with your eyes and mind open !

In the later post I responded to "WakeUp" thanking him for his service and admitting that if he served with or as Mr. Kyle then, yes he DOES have license to the use of such language. Obviously he has insight, he was there. I was not.

Maybe you were there, though I doubt it. Usually it is the bucket mouthed braggarts,hurling insult and talking shit that have done the very least.
Is that you Yssup ?
I don't need the answer,I dont want it. Are you the poser here ?

Be honest with yourself. You are in need of some emotinal help. I do not mean this as an insult but you have serious issues. If you did serve, I thank you as well. I respect your contribution even though you're a disfunctional sosiopath today.
If you are a veteran, please join a vets focus group. Get some medical and emotional help. You should be happy. You deserve it.

sociopath :
a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.
I know a lot of liberals and none hate it. Originally Posted by BigLouie
I know a lot of liberals and they all hate it
I personally have no desire to see the movie.

It is safe to say that I am not the least bit curious. Originally Posted by bigtex
agreed
a sniper doing what he was trained/told to do
why do I want to see a movie about him doing his job, well or not.
it's still going to a theatre to relax and watching a dude kill people. I'm not even sure the point, do we win the non-war cos of him?
Actually, you did bring it up, rio, when you trashed Matt Tabibi (sic), who has seen more combat situations than you imagine in your wettest of dreams....

You stepped in your own bullshit again. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

I'm calling YOUR bullshit, assup. What "combat situations" has Matt Taibbi ever been in? Got a link? He is as lacking in combat experience as the community organizer in the White House.

I jumped Taibbi's smear of Mr. Kyle because he did so after his death. Yes he is a coward. Really tuff guy picking on a dead man. Originally Posted by rioseco
It's not the first time either. When blogger Andrew Breitbart died 3 years ago, Taibbi wrote an obit in Rolling Stone titled "Death of a Douche". Seems like trashing the dead comes naturally to that POS.

a sniper doing what he was trained/told to do
why do I want to see a movie about him doing his job, well or not. Originally Posted by bigcockpussylicker

Because it's a window into a world you as a civilian ignored or took for granted and left to our all-volunteer military to cope with? Because it would take you out of your comfort zone and put you into their shoes? Because it would let you empathize (to use Hillary Clinton's expression) with those who served and put their lives at risk? Because it could help us reduce the suicide rate among returning vets and reintegrate them better at home?

Oh, I almost forgot - because Clint Eastwood is an amazing director and Brad Cooper delivers an Oscar-worthy performance?
Because it's a window into a world you as a civilian ignored or took for granted and left to our all-volunteer military to cope with? Because it would take you out of your comfort zone and put you into their shoes? Because it would let you empathize (to use Hillary Clinton's expression) with those who served and put their lives at risk? Because it could help us reduce the suicide rate among returning vets and reintegrate them better at home?

Oh, I almost forgot - because Clint Eastwood is an amazing director and Brad Cooper delivers an Oscar-worthy performance? Originally Posted by lustylad
all good points
I might go see it
all good points
I might go see it Originally Posted by bigcockpussylicker
Perhaps in my next life.

But not in this one!
Maybe because you served with or as him... Originally Posted by rioseco
I didn't serve with him...other than being in the same theatre at the same time. I would never claim anything more than that.
I didn't serve with him...other than being in the same theatre at the same time. I would never claim anything more than that. Originally Posted by Wakeup

Originally Posted by rioseco
Maybe because you served with or as him...

I intended "as" to mean "served like him"

Again thank you for your service sir.

Fact sunnyI do not ask others about their service. If they divulge it, that is their perrogative.
Fact sunnyI respect those who honorably serve this nation.
Fact sunnyI openly thank them out of respect and my own convictions.
Fact sunnyNo further explantion necessasary,nor provided to you. Originally Posted by rioseco

ASSumption hurricane "NEW YORK "
ASSumption earthquake
ASSumption tornado
ASSumption blizzard

FBI knows you stole cjohnny54 money for weather related event FACT ... FBI as well woman when cjohnny54 called