Does the hobby vernacular ever sneak into your RL?

Wonder if anyone had seen anything new lately.
Just heard one early this morning on a local radio show, speaking of this friday, the host mentioned it's "close of business" day but as we call it "COB" around here.
  • Netx9
  • 07-16-2015, 08:13 AM
My friend is a nurse, and when she recently mentioned attending a class for BLS (Basic Life Support) certification, my immediate thought was "you can get certified for that!?" Originally Posted by remeer
I'd love to be the resuscitation dummy used in this class!!!

A minor slip of tongue. Two weeks ago, texted my nephew if he wanted to bbq, like we do once a month or so. He responded back with he couldn't because was leaving to port aransas with wife/kids. So, I texted ok well next time "have fun & stay safe!" Lol
He texted back with"??? Staysafe" should I be worried about sharks or something else? I responded back, nah man just have fun, lol!
I can't think of any other situation that call for "have fun & stay safe," but here in our little world.
^^^ I do the exact same thing and ppl stare at me like I'm weird haha
  • TxTo
  • 07-16-2015, 05:01 PM
i don't think I've seen it in this thread - didn't look too hard - but north of Hildebrand on McCullough, you'll find a Vietnamese restaurant named...say it out loud...

Pho Kim Long.
10 pages down, hilarious Roberto. I've been lucky enough to catch myself the few times I've almost used hobbyist acronyms/terms. I can't help but think of ways to use our vernacular in RW situation and catch some of you all by surprise, Would love to catch Camille bust out laughing.
I think everyone knows of A Dong restaurants. So is the original to find older men?

And this one to find 20s and 30s gents?

• Netx9
  • 07-18-2015, 08:05 PM
ATF in a bottle!!!

I texted the wife yesterday that I was coming home for a BBBJ...not really that big a deal, but funny...she replied ???what's that...I replied damn autocorrect, I meant a BJ.
"Angie's List - Join today to start finding the top-rated providers in your area." Finally! A site with a "Hot Moms" category!
I do tend to use 69 in many some of my passwords (can't get it off my mind, right?!)
Originally Posted by BigAl69
Hi 5 lol ditto.

All of these have been fun to read, coming from a newbie
I'm surprised that this one hasn't made it to the conversation yet. Slackers.

Attachment 454084

Lol, a lady text me that l, and I asked..."So when can we start???"
And someone else is bitching about $100 BnG's?! GTFO!