Steelers 2024 thread

• Mplay
  • 08-21-2024, 12:54 PM
Hopefully the defense can score every game.
15 years is not problematic?

Hall of fame QB for most of those wasted, huge amounts of talent, wasted, no fucking way can you sit there and tell me that the Steelers have problems with both ownership and coaching. Originally Posted by Devo
Well, you said it was a "decades long struggle" to even get a playoff win. You were wrong. It's only been 7 years. Now you're moving the goal posts. Typical.
Tomlin is screwing up the tackle position just like he screwed up the QB position.
Which Pittsburg Jersey should the gals get so we can use that for firestarter for the Christmas day game against Kansas City?
Tomlin is screwing up the tackle position just like he screwed up the QB position. Originally Posted by Iceman
At least he’s forced to start Frazier at center unlike last year with sitting Porter and Jones while watching Patrick Peterson and Chuks suck!!
There’s growing pains but we need great players, not the same old shit.
And yes, put Jones back to left tackle!!!!
  • Devo
  • 08-23-2024, 02:25 PM
Which Pittsburg Jersey should the gals get so we can use that for firestarter for the Christmas day game against Kansas City? Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter

Any of them are fine, if I had one, I'd mail it to you, but I cut it up about 15 years ago and wiped my ass with it.

Just like the coach has washed his ass with the contracts of lousy players that he's gotten hired under his tenure.
Which Pittsburg Jersey should the gals get so we can use that for firestarter for the Christmas day game against Kansas City? Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
there are no pittsburg jerseys sir but im sure you could find some pittsburgh jerseys.

dont know about cornfield kansas but we teach spelling here in the first grade..........
Something is seriously wrong with Broderick Jones right arm. WTF is Tomlin doing? If he’s hurt let him heal. I don’t care if it takes half the season.
Herbig needs to play A LOT! He’s too good to sit.
Several folks in the media now realize there was never a real shot for Fields to be the starter nor a competition for the spot.
Several folks in the media now realize there was never a real shot for Fields to be the starter nor a competition for the spot. Originally Posted by HDGristle
Media types just like to drum up stories. This was always clear from the timeline of the QB transactions they made. They acquire Wilson, obviously with the intention of starting him and having Pickett backup. Pickett whines and moans about it, so they trade Pickett. Only now, with no viable backup, do they make the trade with Chicago for Fields. The obvious intent was for Fields to backup all along. Also, if they thought he was a viable starter, they would have exercised the fifth year option on Fields. That’s a pretty high price tag, but not really if he actually is a competent starter. It’s ridiculously high for a backup, though.
Fields just might be the starter. Wilson’s calf acted up again today.
  • Typo
  • 09-05-2024, 08:51 PM
Fields just might be the starter. Wilson’s calf acted up again today. Originally Posted by bambino
I saw that today. Too early to already be looking at these issues. Looking to be a not so good start. I hope they can pull it together.
Its obvious the owners don't give a shit, they have an agenda, and they are going to stick with that agenda till they have no choice but to move on, and they won't be the ones making the decision to change things when and if it occurs.

Look at the piss poor performances of their two starting QBs, and the fact they were willing to buy old talent, instead of trying to start over new, AGAIN, lets not forget we just had a couple of years of failure with their soon to be out of the league golden boy.

I don't think the owners are capable of making any decisions, they have been cuckolded by past choices. Originally Posted by Devo
You keep talking about an agenda, would you care to elaborate?
I saw that today. Too early to already be looking at these issues. Looking to be a not so good start. I hope they can pull it together. Originally Posted by Typo
I think Fields starting is a good thing. Wilson is 36, he’s not taking the Steelers to a SB. At least Fields has the talent that could make them explosive. Wilson is just a game manager now. But hey, Tomlin likes that.
Not many picking the Steelers Sunday. Not sure I understand why. I’m not optimistic this year but then again I was optimistic last year with Kenny’s preseason.
As usual, I’m looking forward to Sunday at 1:00!