Steelers 2024 thread

New season, same Steelers. Super conservative on offense and hope TJ Watt plays out of his mind.
It aint going to cut it against good teams like baltimore or kc.
Its going to be a longggg season unless the offense gels
First game. I’ll take an ugly loss. I wish Tomlin would give Fields another start against Denver. Gives him a little momentum with this offense and allows Russ time to heal.
That makes too much sense so Tomlin will start Wilson.
I’d also like to see a lot of run option with Fields. Do what Baltimore does with Lamar Jackson. But we probably won’t.
I actually thought Fields looked pretty good. He's mobile and did a few good passes. Harris needs to practice some Franco stutter-steps or something. I thought that those last set of downs with him running was just one bad call after another. The guy has no penetration against a tough D Line.

Conversly- If it wasn't for our defense, we'd be looking at loss #1.
New season, same Steelers. Super conservative on offense and hope TJ Watt plays out of his mind. Originally Posted by bambino
Anyone who expected a second string QB, on a new team with lots of new faces, to come in and light it up in Week 1 shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Anyone who's giving the offense a passing or failing grade for the season after playing their second string QB Week 1, shouldn't be either.

And guess what? Steelers still won.

Tomlin coaches the defense, too, you know. And yesterday, as well as all of last year, the defense played lights out. Offense always takes longer to gel than defense does. Especially with an all-new QB room. This is true of every NFL team.

Nothing to take away from yesterday except a W.
Anyone who expected a second string QB, on a new team with lots of new faces, to come in and light it up in Week 1 shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Anyone who's giving the offense a passing or failing grade for the season after playing their second string QB Week 1, shouldn't be either.

And guess what? Steelers still won.

Tomlin coaches the defense, too, you know. And yesterday, as well as all of last year, the defense played lights out. Offense always takes longer to gel than defense does. Especially with an all-new QB room. This is true of every NFL team.

Nothing to take away from yesterday except a W. Originally Posted by tommy156
If you think Tomlin will let any QB air it out you haven’t been paying attention over the last couple years. Including Ben’s last 2 years. I’m glad they won. Against better teams they’re going to have to open it up.
To nice of a day, I played outside and managed to injure myself
If you think Tomlin will let any QB air it out you haven’t been paying attention over the last couple years. Including Ben’s last 2 years. I’m glad they won. Against better teams they’re going to have to open it up. Originally Posted by bambino
Ben threw 55 TDs combined his last 2 years. That's the very definition of airing it out.
Tomlin said today that Russ is still not 100% and they are preparing as if Fields will start.
I like that!
This game will give us a huge window into the rest of the season. Fields balls out, great…we may have something. He shits the bed, we have another long season of playing 2 average QBs.
Ben threw 55 TDs combined his last 2 years. That's the very definition of airing it out. Originally Posted by tommy156
No it isn’t. His yards per attempt was a little over 6yrds his last two years. The lowest in his career. He got rid the ball quicker than any other QB. That’s not airing it out. That’s dink and dunk.
No it isn’t. His yards per attempt was a little over 6yrds his last two years. The lowest in his career. He got rid the ball quicker than any other QB. That’s not airing it out. That’s dink and dunk. Originally Posted by bambino
So you're mad because they were scoring TDs on short passes? Are they not flashy enough for you? Kenny will never have 50 TDs in his career. Ben had 55 his last two seasons as a statue behind center.

Don't blame "coaching" for retarded QB play.
So you're mad because they were scoring TDs on short passes? Are they not flashy enough for you? Kenny will never have 50 TDs in his career. Ben had 55 his last two seasons as a statue behind center.

Don't blame "coaching" for retarded QB play. Originally Posted by tommy156
I’m not mad. I deal with reality. The last time they AIRED it out was under BA. Then he got fired/retired. I’m fine with a strong running game. But you have to stretch defenses or they’ll stack the box. Which defenses have against the Steelers since Ben’s last years. The fact of the matter is, if they don’t get more aggressive on offense, they won’t compete for a SB. That’s just reality.

Don't blame "coaching" for retarded QB play. Originally Posted by tommy156
damn tommy, do have to agrue about everything? bam is 100% right
it doesnt matter if ben had 80 tds if it was short passes, that not "airing it out"

what bam means is you need to throw downfield, as in 20 or 30 yards to keep defenses from tightening up to the line to be able to control the defense

this offense has sucked for alot of years and it still is with the type of play calling so far. you cant expect to beat teams like kc or san fran or baltimore kicking fgs

you got to air it out at least a few to keep the defenses honest

i would like one fucking thread where everyone agrees lol just one...........
damn tommy, do have to agrue about everything? bam is 100% right
it doesnt matter if ben had 80 tds if it was short passes, that not "airing it out"

what bam means is you need to throw downfield, as in 20 or 30 yards to keep defenses from tightening up to the line to be able to control the defense

this offense has sucked for alot of years and it still is with the type of play calling so far. you cant expect to beat teams like kc or san fran or baltimore kicking fgs

you got to air it out at least a few to keep the defenses honest

i would like one fucking thread where everyone agrees lol just one........... Originally Posted by chizzy
Exactly Chizz. I don’t know what games Tommy’s been watching. People bitch about Najee’s yard per carry. But he’s being hit immediately. Defenses are stacking the box because the Steelers don’t push the ball downfield. Tomlin can keep his non losing streak alive playing that way as long as his D shuts down bad teams.