I MISS THE DAYS OF ASPD!

I used to log on to the "ASPD for Free", where you got the full rest of the story reviews.

The biggest thing I remember about the old "P" was many of the Providers didn't remotely resemble the pictures they showcased. Showcases were full of glam shots and industrial strength photoshopping.
I lost contact with my bestie,lover,confidant The Paladin.

"Wherefore art thou Paladin?" Originally Posted by Italia DiBella
and what? You can't find another gay dude like him to confide in? ECCIE has a butt load (pun intended)
ASPD was more civil, polite and informative. Originally Posted by Zhivago52
What ASPD was towards the end was censored. If offending posts are made to disappear along with useful information that should have been allowed but offended some whore staff was getting freebies from it's easy to see it as civil and polite.
When Amber got sick and handed off ASPD to CK1942 to run he ran it into the ground.

A lot of very good people go to their graves not properly handling their affairs trusting in someone else to do so. By the time she saw CK for what he had become and the staff he had in place taking control back and handing it all back to an old trusted person too much damage had been done and needed funds were not accessible.

ECCIE does a pretty decent job of managing the information and avoiding some of the issues that took ASPD down.

Why do you or anyone give a fuck about people being nice?

Can a whore run an ad here and get business? Can a guy find information to make a decision and minimize risk?

ABSOLUTELY.

All teh rest of the bullshit social aspect of it all online takes away from those 2 basics.
Remember Home2?

heh
That's almost funny if it wasn't true, someone made a shitload begging for donations "in Amber's memory"
I wonder if Wayward (RIP) pocketed the proceeds of YMWV's Remembering Amber fundraiser.
I heard he took the banck and moved to Pharr.
/\/\/\Say What?
Noooo
He was never into those shenanigans. Originally Posted by Italia DiBella
Sure about that?
I have fond memories of ASPD, things were simpler back then.

The same goes for the old "SF Redbook" website/forum/community. Anyone who lived or hobbied in the SF Bay area back in the late 90's misses that forum a lot. It was a sad day when it got shut down.....
I really enjoyed the socials. You got a chance to see what you would be getting beforehand. Originally Posted by sharkman29
I met an ATF at an ASPD social - Tonya Touché. I remember her catching my eye across the room and I was head over heels in lust. We ended up chatting most of the night and actually went for another drink after the event (but no BCD action). I think that someone got pissed off because there was an NBL alert posted about me that night, so ASPD wasn’t entirely drama free.

Anyway, I met Tonya and Layla in that same evening and so now have very fond memories of two of the best racks - one natural, one MM - ever to have graced this good, green Earth.

I missed the raided social by pure luck. Some idiots got themselves dragged downtown because they fell for a very obvious pay-for-play entrapment question. The socials did get too big to “police” attendance properly and, in the end, foolish mongers and providers endangered the rest of us so their end was necessary.

I don’t hobby these days. I have occasional openings but never seem to be able to make it work. My review history went down the memory hole with ASPD, which casts me as a newbie again. However, I am shocked at the level of discourse from some of the posters here; I guess I’m now deemed old school in that I think I’ll get a better session treating the provider as a human being - while still treating them as my human sex toy for an hour or so. It definitely improves the quality of second and subsequent trysts! Being derogatory to or about providers before even meeting them seems majorly counter-productive to having a good time.
I was a moderator on ASPD for a long time. The socials were fun and the after parties were mind blowing. There was a lot of drama behind the scenes and it took a lot of work to reel in the owner at times. We had our day and it was a good run. Times change.
I was a moderator on ASPD for a long time. The socials were fun and the after parties were mind blowing. There was a lot of drama behind the scenes and it took a lot of work to reel in the owner at times. We had our day and it was a good run. Times change. Originally Posted by salt shaker
It Will Never Be The Same...
Sure about that? Originally Posted by pyramider
For sure
The Paladin must've been keeping it on the down-low.