The Dallas Cowboys and NFL 2022 Season

Methinks if the NFL awarded San Antonio an expansion team that squad would make the Super Bowl before either of the existing teams from Texas.
Methinks if the NFL awarded San Antonio an expansion team that squad would make the Super Bowl before either of the existing teams from Texas. Originally Posted by TinMan
Good point but we all know that JJ would never allow that to happen. He has too many kool-aid drinking fans here in SA.
Corpus Christi can use a NFL expansion team.

The Corpus Christi sharks.
Good point but we all know that JJ would never allow that to happen. He has too many kool-aid drinking fans here in SA. Originally Posted by golferguy55
I’d say don’t give up hope because he’s not going to live forever, but he probably negotiated that into his same deal with the devil that bought him 3 super bowls.
I’d say don’t give up hope because he’s not going to live forever, but he probably negotiated that into his same deal with the devil that bought him 3 super bowls. Originally Posted by TinMan
Never will happen as JJ's kid is almost as bad as he is. I was born and raised in Dallas and have close friends who work for that clown so I have heard all the stories about him. The Cowgirls used to be relevant 25 years ago and that is what JJ clings to. But SA will never have any other professional team other than the Spurs. Not enough corporate $$ to support another professional team.
  • BLM69
  • 12-18-2022, 08:03 PM
The boys lose today? I missed the game
The Cowboys are pretenders. Yes, they can string together some wins, but in clutch games, they lose.
The off-season personnel decisions aren’t looking particularly good right now.
The off-season personnel decisions aren’t looking particularly good right now. Originally Posted by TinMan
just this past offseason?

Along with multiple bad decisions in multiple years, I think the biggest mistake was Jones deciding to pay a quarterback who has won just one playoff game in his tenure 40 million dollars a year. And he doesn't make enough money, so he has to do Serta and Campbell Soup commercials on the side.
This past off-season, plus the last 25 or so. Yeah, it’s the same story every year, and any other team in any other pro league would have cleaned house by now. But we know that ain’t happening.

I don’t begrudge Dak taking advantage of the Cowboys brand and getting all the sponsorship deals he can. But, yeah, he hasn’t earned it on the field.
Eagles QB may not play Saturday against Cowgirls

https://www.nfl.com/news/eagles-qb-j...r-saturday-vs-
Eagles QB may not play Saturday against Cowgirls

https://www.nfl.com/news/eagles-qb-j...r-saturday-vs- Originally Posted by CG2014
That makes the game even more interesting.

Oh, and the Cowboys did clinch a playoff spot. They’ll probably be the 5 Seed. If the playoffs were to start today, they’d go to Tampa and play the Bucs.

The NFC Playoff Picture looks like this for now:

1. Eagles
2. Vikings
3. 49er’s
4. Bucs

Wildcard:
5. Cowboys
6. Seahawks or Giants

AFC Playoff Picture:

1. Bills
2. Chiefs
3. Bengals
4. Titans

Wildcard:
5. Ravens
6. Dolphins

This is all subject to change.

I do have to say that the officiating this year has been fucking awful. Penalties that occurred that were not called and penalties that were called when no actual penalties occurred.
Originally Posted by CG2014

I posted that on 11-14-2022, 10:14 PM, over a month ago.

The officiating is getting worse each week.

Calling roughing the passer when it was a clean sack with no hit to the head or no helmet to helmet contact.

Not calling Pass Interference where there was clearly blatant pass interference.

Or this on Monday night that resulted in a Washington TD being called back

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/g...critical-play/

Some of the penalty calls this season, NFL might as well become pee wee pussy flag football.
What pisses cowboy haters off is that the cowboys remain the most elite franchise in the world of sports. Win or lose

The NFL needs to deal with the officials that believe they are untouchable. Come on owners. Make the overpaid commish do his job
I forgotten most of the NFL games were today this week. By the time I remembered, it was at the end of the game.

I came in right when Prescott got sacked twice and it was 3rd and 30 or something.

Can't believe Cowboys beat Philly.