Up yours USMC!

• WTF
  • 10-03-2014, 02:22 PM
They refuse to give Ronnie even an ounce of credit. That's the BIGGEST DOUBLE STANDARD out there.

. Originally Posted by lustylad

I give him credit for tripling the national debt....lets see if Obama can beat old Ronnie!

Yet after nearly eight years of Reaganism, the clamor for more government intervention in the economy was so formidable that Reagan abandoned the free-market position and acquiesced in further crippling of the economy and our liberties. In fact, the number of free-market achievements by the administration are so few that they can be counted on one hand—with fingers left over.

Let's look at the record:http://mises.org/freemarket_detail.aspx?control=488

Take a look at Ronnie's record you dickwhispering closet queenie

Citing an opinion piece telling one side of the story is not the record.

A fair criticism would acknowledge accomplishments as well.

humanevents.com/2011/02/06/top-10-reagan-achievements/
I agree. Seems like the "blame game" is like a "reindeer game" to them. different rules for different Presidents. I say it is the POTUS at the times responsibility but not always their fault. I like to bring up other Presidents as an example of the flaw in that type of thinking but it seems to be a vain effort. They are either too obsessed to see the comparison , or they simply playing the dumb card. Originally Posted by slingblade
Fact is, flighty, there were "different rules": different rules stemming from precedence, flighty.

The Beirut attacks in 1983 were unprecedented in scope and execution, flighty. Those attacks set precedence on which subsequent U.S. security protocols were based. Odumbo and Hildabeast ignored and willfully violated those security protocols. In regards to the lessons and precedence in history, in no manner is Reagan guilty of behavior as feckless as that practiced by Odumbo and Hildabeast.

humanevents.com/2011/02/06/top-10-reagan-achievements/ Originally Posted by boardman
Yeah, you'll get a LOT of that around here. Especially from the Idiot Klan, err, Clan. Search and learn.
Of course, nobody is a bigger, more juvenile name caller than IBIdiot, is there.

No wonder he works down a mine shaft.
Of course, nobody is a bigger, more juvenile name caller than IBIdiot, is there.

No wonder he works down a mine shaft.
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
So says the Hitler worshipping, lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM that won the title for two consecutive years!
So says the Hitler worshipping, lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM that won the title for two consecutive years! Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Case in point.
Case in point. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

So says the Hitler worshipping, lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM that won the title for two consecutive years! (Reference avatar above left and signature below)
Fact is, flighty, there were "different rules": different rules stemming from precedence, flighty.

The Beirut attacks in 1983 were unprecedented in scope and execution, flighty. Those attacks set precedence on which subsequent U.S. security protocols were based. Odumbo and Hildabeast ignored and willfully violated those security protocols. In regards to the lessons and precedence in history, in no manner is Reagan guilty of behavior as feckless as that practiced by Odumbo and Hildabeast.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
So you answer a question posed by me with a new nickname that makes no sense and some BS that has no bearing to the question.

So says the Hitler worshipping, lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM that won the title for two consecutive years! (Reference avatar above left and signature below)
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Thanks for proving my point again, Corpy!
So you answer a question posed by me with a new nickname that makes no sense and some BS that has no bearing to the question. Originally Posted by slingblade
About time you woke the fuck up...

And this "tar baby" caricature has WHAT to do with saluting military personnel, SLOBBRIN?

Or what Slingblade posted?

Or anything that a human with full brain function might have posted?
And this "tar baby" caricature has WHAT to do with saluting military personnel, SLOBBRIN?

Or what Slingblade posted?

Or anything that a human with full brain function might have posted? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
So you answer a question posed by me with a new nickname that makes no sense and some BS that has no bearing to the question. Originally Posted by slingblade
Despite your failed attempt at deflection, slingblade, Odumbo and Hildabeast do not get and are not entitled to get "a pass" for violating security protocols that were put in place because of losses incurred in 1983 Beirut. The rules did change, slingblade, and Odumbo and Hildabeast were obliged to abide by those new rules, and that is the heart of the matter that you stupidly fail to comprehend, slingblade: Odumbo and Hildabeast must be held accountable for their feckless disregard of those and other security protocols. That you blindly fail to comprehend their complicit irresponsibility, slingblade, is in every sense your problem.

Thanks for proving my point again, Corpy! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
  • WTF
  • 10-04-2014, 08:02 AM

humanevents.com/2011/02/06/top-10-reagan-achievements/ Originally Posted by boardman
These are not opinions, these are facts. The reason why I think Reagan was the worst President ever was because he fooled a generation like yourself that think he did things he in fact did not do and you will not admit those facts.

Even Ford and Carter did a better job at cutting government. Their combined presidential terms account for an increase of 1.4%—compared with Reagan's 3%—in the government's take of "national income." And in nominal terms, there has been a 60% increase in government spending, thanks mainly to Reagan's requested budgets, which were only marginally smaller than the spending Congress voted.

If we look at government revenues as a percentage of "national income," we find little change from the Carter days, despite heralded "tax cuts." In 1980, revenues were 25.1% of "national income." In the first quarter of 1988 they were 24.7%.

Reagan came into office proposing to cut personal income and business taxes. The Economic Recovery Act was supposed to reduce revenues by $749 billion over five years. But this was quickly reversed with the Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982. TEFRA—the largest tax increase in American history—was designed to raise $214.1 billion over five years, and took back many of the business tax savings enacted the year before. It also imposed withholding on interest and dividends, a provision later repealed over the president's objection.

But this was just the beginning. In 1982 Reagan supported a five-cent-per-gallon gasoline tax and higher taxes on the trucking industry. Total increase: $5.5 billion a year. In 1983, on the recommendation of his Spcial Security Commission— chaired by the man he later made Fed chairman, Alan Green-span—Reagan called for, and received, Social Security tax increases of $165 billion over seven years. A year later came Reagan's Deficit Reduction Act to raise $50 billion.

Even the heralded Tax Reform Act of 1986 is more deception than substance. It shifted $120 billion over five years from visible personal income taxes to hidden business taxes. It lowered the rates, but it also repealed or reduced many deductions.

According to the Treasury Department, the 1981 tax cut will have reduced revenues by $1.48 trillion by the end of fiscal 1989. But tax increases since 1982 will equal $1.5 trillion by 1989. The increases include not only the formal legislation mentioned above but also bracket creep (which ended in 1985 when tax indexing took effect—a provision of the 1981 act despite Reagan's objection), $30 billion in various tax changes, and other increases. Taxes by the end of the Reagan era will be as large a chunk of GNP as when he took office, if not larger: 19.4%, by ultra-conservative estimate of the Reagan Office of Management and Budget. The so-called historic average is 18.3%.

Just look at the one thing I highlighted and underlined....you Reagan lovers love to talk about Reagan lowering the tax rate....yet you never acknowledge that he shifted that saving with thing like the 5 cent a gallon tax hike. That is call a tax shift...in this case from the wealthy to the middle class.